Future Husband

The Mask They Wear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The whole day, Shin hye felt sadness filling her heart. She didn’t know what it is. Jin ho was not there anymore. She went to her dad to explain what happened. “ I guess it was for the best” said Chairman Park. Then her dad said “ Shin Hye, have you forgiven me? For what I did before?” Shin Hye was surprised. It’s been a while since they last talked about it. She remembered the night when Geun Suk didn’t showed up. 


Shin Hye was waiting. She was panicking. Anytime soon, she knows that his dads’ bodyguard will be coming to get her. She cannot make a fool out of her dad. He loves her too much, to the point of spoiling her  but he was one tough father.

When he learned about her relationship with Geun Suk, She has been grounded. She wasn’t able to go to school. Her celphone was confiscated. She has been crying when her personal maid went to her room. “Agassi, please use this. I got this from one of the maids. Send a text message to him. Hurry up” and then Shin Hye hugged her. “Thank you very much Ahjumma” and then Shin Hye sent a message to Geun Suk. “Oppa, let’s see each other tomorrow night. I’ll meet you at the amusement park. Let’s elope. I don’t want to be parted from you” and then she received a reply “Shin Hye, I will be there. We will go to a place where your father cant reach us” And then Shin hye sent another text “Where are you staying Oppa” and he replied “ I am here at a friends house near Guryong”  and then Shin Hye handed back the celphone to her. 


When ahjumma went out of her room, her dad was waiting for her. She handed over the celphone to Chairman Park. Then she said to herself “ I am sorry, Agassi. My hands are tied” . Chairman did it on purpose. He wants to break them apart. He asked his body guard to search for Geun Suk in Guryong . When he faced Chairman Park, he said directly to Geun Suk “ This wont be too long. I will go straight to the point. I don’t like you for my daughter. I know your sort. You will only be miserable and so is my daughter. You cannot fight me . So I am giving a you big sum of money. Stay away from my daughter. If you received this money, I will let you be. But if you continue your relationship with my daughter, I assure you, you will not win. The end result is still I will break you apart. You decide” and then Geun Suk was staring at Shin Hye’s dad. He took the money. “I will be taking this money. I wont be hypocrite but I will use your own money to get her back in the future” and then he left. 


Shin Hye was waiting for him in the amusement part. She wondered why her security has been so lax that she was able to escape. She was waiting for almost an hour already but he didn’t come. Then another hours has passed.  And another. She was comforting herself. Telling herself that he might be caught in a traffic, or just attend to something urgent. Shin hye’s heart was beating faster already. “He will come. Oppa, you will come” Shin Hye was starting to cry. “You said you will come. You said you love me, Oppa”.. Soon rain start to fall, his dad was watching her from his car. He went out of the car, carrying an umbrella. “Shin Hye, lets go. He will not come” and then Shin Hye lifted her head and said “Appa, he will come. He promised that. He never break his promise” and then her dad showed a portion of a video, where Geun Suk accepted the check handed over by Chairman Park. “I told you. He’s just after your money. He took money from me in exchange of breaking up with you” and then Shin hye was shouting to her dad “ Appa, it’s all your doing. Geun Suk will never do that. He love me too much” and then his dad dialled his number and said “Tell her, tell her how you got money from me in exchange for breaking up with her” and then Geun said “ I am sorry Shin Hye. In time, I hope you can forgive me” and then Shin Hye said “Oppa, don’t you love me anymore? You said you will protect me, you said you will fight for our love?” and then he answered “ Love is not enough Shin Hye” and then he their line was cut. Shin hye was crying and her dad embrace her. “Sorry for hurting you this much Shin Hye but in time, you will thank me for doing this. I know his sort. Trust you father. I know what’s best for you” he said to himself. 


Few meters away from them was Geun Suk. He was in tears. Right now, he regrets accepting the money but it’s too late to back out now. As their car moved away from where he was standing, Geun Suk said to himself, the next time we meet, I will use your own money ,Chairman Park, to get her back. 


He went to China since her mom was working there. He met her mom’s boss, Mr. Kim and he applied as his driver. Mr. Kim saw potential in him and teach him everything about his business. Geun Suk told Mr. Kim that he has money on which he wants to invest. He taught him how to invest wisely and soon enough, his money was starting to earn more interest and dividends. Mr. Kim also chose him as his predecessor since he doesn’t have any relatives. His mom died in China and he promised to her that he will return to Seoul when the time is ri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter