Married Life in LA

The Mask They Wear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho and Shin Hye has moved to LA. They stayed in Minho’s house in LA while his parents stayed in Seoul. His father sold his shares in Lee Group of Company and just decided to settle down and live a simple life. He transferred most of properties to Minho. They sold the Lee Mansion and they are living quietly in Jeju. 

Minho on the other hand has ventured in a new business. He still have a marketing firm but he don’t oversee the operations anymore. He hired  competent staff and just visits them once in awhile. He had joint venture with an American construction firm. Shin Hye has been assisting him though she made it clear that she didn’t want to meddle in his business.

They lived a simple life in LA. They didn’t have any maid to assist them. Minho despite his busy schedule still manages to cook for them during weekends. They do groceries together, do their laundry. During week days, Minho will be at work on a regular 8 to 5 basis.

During their first few months of being married, Minho would complain about the food she cooks.Thus often causes them to fight. Minho would always and she will always feel bad about it. There was a time that she walked out during their dinner because Minho couldn’t understand the taste of the food she cooked. Shin Hye insisted that it was fettuccini alfredo pasta but he couldn’t agree with her. Given the effort she put into cooking that pasta, she walked away and went to their garden. It took a while before Minho followed her.

“ I was only joking. It was edible enough” he said

And Shin Hye hit his arms “Yah, if you don’t want to it, then don’t. Starve for all I care” she said, arms crossed.

Minho pulled her close “Don’t be too hard on yourself. Come on, lets go back inside. I’m going to eat everything. Just for you to see that I enjoyed eating the food you prepared. More than the taste, it’s your effort to make your husband happy is what matters most” he said, while planting soft kisses on her.

They went inside the house and start to eat their dinner. Even Shin Hye couldn’t afford to eat the food she cooked. All of a sudden she cried. “ Hey, why are you crying?” he asked.

“Because you are a liar”she said, still crying.

“When did I lie?” he asked

“You said it was edible. It really tastes awful” and then Minho laughed. He pulled her up from her seat and embraced her. “ Let’s just eat outside” and then she nodded.

They ended up eating in a fast food chain.

From then on, she would just buy or ordered food for them. But she felt she’s not fulfilling her duty as a wife. Few weeks from now, they will be celebrating their wedding anniversary already.

Shin Hye kept herself  busy. She enrolled herself in a culinary school. She wants to be the perfect wife for Minho.

He is not aware that Shin Hye even enrolled in a culinary school. She wants to keep it a secret. Minho will go to work by 8am and her class is between 10 am to 12 pm. She knows that during these times, he is busy. It’s been a month and so far, according to her chef instructor, she is doing very good.

Shin hye woke up early and prepared breakfast for Minho. As much as possible, she doesn’t want Minho to suspect anything. She still tries to make a mess in the kitchen. But he noticed her improvement. After that he took  a bath, and was getting ready for office. Shin Hye took his coat and tie and hand it over to Minho. “Let me fix your tie” said Shin Hye. Minho was staring at her “ Honey, don’t you feel bored here at home? Do you miss the corporate world?” he asked.

“ I miss working, I won’t lie. But I am enjoying being your wife more” she said.

“There you go” she said after fixing his tie and stare at her husband.

“ I am having second thoughts about going to work today. I feel I am neglecting my beautiful  wife” said Minho.

Shin Hye panicked. She has cooking class today and it’s her final exam.

“Honey, don’t mind me. Besides I know you are busy. I’ll just wait for you” said Shin Hye.

And then Minho said, “Ok. Let’s just have dinner later. Get dressed by 7pm”.

“See you. Take care and I love you”. She led him to the door then he paused “Can I just stay home?” he asked again

“Oh no you don’t. You have to work hard for us. I am jobless remember?” and then she tiptoed and clamped her hands on his nape and kiss him. “I love you” and then slightly push him “ Go, you’ll be late” said Shin Hye and he left and she immediately close the door to get ready for culinary school.

Minho whil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter