Lee vs. Lee

The Mask They Wear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye was at lost. She was just staring at their lawyer. “What happened? Why was I not informed? From the Financials being reported, we’re ok? “ asked Shin Hye. “Without the approval of the board, you’re father ventured into a new business expansion. I already forewarned him about this but he was too certain. His partner on this new Business venture was Chairman Lee. I told him to look into the Financials first, the return on Investment, and also impact of this venture if in case it failed. In our meetings for the past weeks in Tokyo, the investment was made two years ago. There were financial loans from different banks. And right now, because of the inability to pay all his debts, the bank will foreclose PGC.

“How about Chairman Lee? Was he aware ? If it’s a business venture, it should be the two of them who should be facing this together, not just my Appa” said Shin Hye. “All the signatories were Chairman Park. And from what I discover, All of the shares of Chairman Park were already sold to Chairman Lee. Right now, I am looking at the possibility that you’re father was double crossed?” he said. “Double Crossed? By Chairman Lee? It’s impossible. He is Appa’s best friend” said Shin hye.

“Ms. Park, this is business. There’s no friend in business. I am still looking on all the evidences. But one thing is for sure, Chairman Lee now holds the major share for Park Group of Companies” he said. “What about the merging. There was a merging happening soon? I don’t understand” said Shin Hye. “The merging was cancelled 2 days before your father died. He was pushing for the merging since this will help PGC but Chairman Lee declined already. They had a teleconference when Chairman Park was in Tokyo. I think you were in Jeju that time. Anytime soon, the news will be coming out. Since you have been absent from work, there was a secret board meeting and a replacement for the Chairman Position was elected. To save PGC , they will announce that new Chairman of the Board was Chairman Lee and Lee Min Ho will now be the Chairman of Lee Group of Companies” he said "But anything can change. Depending on Chairman Lee. We have to anticipate it" 

“How about me? Where do I fit in? I am the CEO. Or did they replace me as well?” she asked. “There was a motion to remove you from the post. Being the daughter of Chairman Park, they are now questioning your capability to lead Park Group of Company, particularly, the affiliates. You need to attend the board meeting tomorrow. Chairman Lee will be there. I just don’t know if his son will be attending as well “he said.

Lee Min Ho was in his father’s office. “What happened? Didn’t you consider what Shin Hye might feel? What I may feel? You’re his friend. I’m about to marry her” said Minho in shouting voice. “ This is what I have been waiting for. For the longest time, my father favoured him. He treated him like his son. He used my father for his own ambition. While me, I was always the trouble maker in his eyes. I was the good for nothing son. Always comparing me … Park Nam Il this, Park Nam Il that… Giving him money and own business… I swear to myself, I will take back everything… Every cent that my father gave” said Chairman Lee.

“And you used me and Shin Hye? You played along with our feelings? All these time, you have planned this? at our expense? At my expense? You’re son? “ said Minho

“This is for your own good. I just took what was mine, ours” said Chairman Lee. “It’s not yours Aboeji, it belongs to Chairman Park. He worked hard for it” said Minho. “He took my father’s time from me. My father lost his confidence in me because he is always comparing me to Nam Il. He was nothing. He came from slum and he used me to reach to the top” said Chairman Lee.

“Aboeji, I can’t believe I am hearing this for you. I thought I knew you but all these time, I never did. How callous you are. But whatever you do, nothing will change. I will be there for Shin Hye. I will always protect her” said Minho.

“Do you think you can protect her from me?” said Chairman Lee. “Yes, even at the expense of losing everything” said Minho.

“ I wont allow that. You are Lee Min ho. The one and only successor of Lee Group of Company and eventually even the Park Group of Company” said Chairman Lee

“What do you mean?” asked Minho

“I am now the Chairman of Park Group of Company “ said Chairman Lee

Shin Hye was beyond shock with everything that’s been happening. She went to the columbarium where both her parents where laid to rest. She was staring at their picture. For the first time in her life she was so unsure. She kneeled in fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter