Harmony

The Mask They Wear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho fetched her and they were now bound to airport. Flight will be less than an hour. Shin Hye was leaning her head against his shoulder. She was still really sleepy. “You didn’t slept well?” asked Minho. “No, barely 2 hours since I prepared a presentation for Appa. Just woke me up when we reach the airport” and she snuggled closer to Minho.

He can hear her steady breathing. She is really sleeping. Minho can’t believe that this girl is in his arms right now. She is worth the wait. He closed his eyes and enjoyed every moment of being this close to her.

When they arrived at the airport, Minho said ‘Shin Hye, we’re here. wake up”. She stirred from sleep and gave Minho a sweet smile. He fix her dishevelled hair and said “ I hate to wake you up. You must be really tired”.

The driver opened the door for them and put their luggage in the cart. They checked in and just waited for their boarding time. “Would you like some coffee,Oppa?” said Shin Hye. “You want one? Come on I’ll buy?” he said. “No, let me. I just want to walk around. You just stay here. Let me guess, brewed coffee?” she asked. “How did you know?” he asked. “We’ll if I’m going to be your wife, I need some details about my husband” said Shin Hye. Minho smiled and before she leave to buy coffee, he pulled her close and said “Do you know by saying these things, you make my heart flutter?”Shin Hye laughed and put her arms around his waist “ Oppa, I need to buy the coffee” and She tiptoed and try to kiss his cheek but Minho turned so that he’ll catch her kiss with his lips. Shin Hye’s eyes widened and looked around to check if people were looking at them “ Oppa, this is embarrassing” said Shin Hye. Her face was red. “And I thought you’re good with action” he reminded her and let her go. Shin Hye was smiling was walking towards the café.

Not far from them, Geun Suk was watching them. He felt pain while seeing how Shin Hye was happy with him. Seeing her smile, he didn’t see her smile like than when they were still together.

Shin Hye brought already 2 cups of coffee when Geun Suk blocked her way. He wasn’t saying anything but was just staring at her. He can see how her expression changed when she saw him and the more pain he felt. Shin Hye suddenly felt his pain “Oppa, I’m sorry” and Geun Suk said “I’m sorry too. I didn’t fight for you. And now that I am ready, you’ve moved on already. I want to keep on fighting for you, until you come back to me but seeing you smile and seeing your eyes shine like that, I don’t think I can give them all to you. I guess having money is not enough after all. More than all the money I have right now, the one most important person is not mine anymore. I came back too late”. He turn around and left her.

Minho knew something happened when she returned. He took the cup she’s holding. “Are you ok?” he asked. Shin Hye felt tears coming down from her eyes.”It ended Oppa, finally, he accepted that I’ve moved on” said Shin Hye. He put aside the cup and hugged her “Shhh, stop crying. He’ll be ok. For every decision we make, there’s a risk involved and that’s the risk of losing you” he let her go and cupped her face “ It’s one risk I am not willing to take, I will never let you go” said Minho and kissed her on her forehead.

The flight to Jeju was less than an hour and Shin Hye has been quiet through out the flight duration. Minho understands her. Right now, all he wants is to be someone who can be there for her. Not talking, but listening even she didn’t say any words. He understands the words that are coming from her heart.

The conference will be held in Hyatt Regency so they checked-in in the same hotel as well. Shin Hye was booked in room 901 and then she asked “What room are you booked Oppa?” she asked. “I am booked in 910” said Minho. “Oh were in the same floor” said Shin Hye and then Minho said “ Well, I wish were in the same room” and then the receptionist smiled “Yah, this is embarrassing” said Shin Hye.

When they reached the 9th floor, her room is just opposite his room. “Yah, I believe you chose this room personally” said Shin Hye and Minho laughed “ Am I too obvious” he asked. “Yes you are” and then Min Ho said “ Did you know that I have to arrange the transfer of the person occupying this room to presidential suite just for me to be this close to you” Shin Hye laughed and said “ Oppa, you’re so impossible” .

It’s only 8am and the conference will start by 10 am. Shin Hye freshen up a bit and started to dress for the conference. She was wearing a skirt and cream blouse and just put on her coat. She looked at her watch, it’s only 9am so she decided to do some work. She heard the door bell ringing and when she looked at the CCTV monitor, it was Minho. He was wearing a suit. When she opened it, Minho said “ Room Service for Ms. Park Shin Hye” and she said “I didn’t order for any room service” she said laughing. “Well, that’s too bad. I thought you ordered for Lee Min ho” and then Shin Hye cant contain her laughter. “Oppa, you’re so crazy” and then she pulled him inside her room and closed the door. As soon as she closed it, Minho pulled her and pinned her against the door. “ I’ve been wanting to do this all day” and he crushed her lips with his. Minho put his hands on her nape and his other hand on her waist. Shin Hye was responding to his intense kisses. But she remembered the conference. She pulled free and almost breathless “Oppa, the conference. We will be late” said Shin Hye. He was staring at her and planted another kiss and settling for a tight embrace.

Shin Hye went to her bedroom to fixed her make up before joining Minho. She also fixed his tie and coat. “Oppa, what are you doing to me?” she asked. “I am just telling you through actions how I feel for you” said Minho.

They registered for the conference and seated next to each other. During the conference, there were various guest speakers from different industries and both of them as Young CEO have learned so much. Day 1 was concluded and there will be a fellowship night after. They were about to go back to their room to change for the event when some called Min Ho “Minho Oppa” and both of them turn around. “Oppa, you didn’t remember me?” and she smiled at Minho. Shin Hye looked at Minho who was smiling ear to ear “ How can I forget my dongsaeng” said Minho and he hugged her. “Oppa, I missed you” and then Minho noticed Shin Hye was staring at him. He break their hug and introduced the two girls to each other “ Shin Hye, this is Song Hyorin , Hyorin this is Park Shin Hye, my…” and before he could finish “ Hello, Shin Hye” and then turned to Minho “ Oppa, I missed you. Can we have a drink first” and then she pulled Minho, leaving Shin Hye behind. And then Minho said to Hyorin “ Wait” and then he pulled her to where Shin Hye was standing “ Hyorin, Shin Hye is my future wife. Shin Hye, Hyorin was my friend in college. We will just have a drink while you dress up. I’ll fetch you by 7pm, ok?” said Minho and kissed her on her lips. Shin Hye went back first. She was happy that Minho properly introduced her to Hyorin. She could sense the claws of Hyorin wanting to scratch her face. She smiled.

It was almost 7pm and Minho hasn’t picked her up yet. She was wearing a simple dress but haltered neckline. She brought her scarf with her. It was almost 7:15 and no sign of Minho so she decided to go alone. She bumped into Geun Suk whil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter