Chapter 5

Will You Take The Risk? [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jinhee woke up feeling a lot wasted, and exhausted. She reached for her phone under the pillow, and looked at the time. It was already 10:19 AM, and it was Saturday. She can spend the whole day watching movies or go to the park where she can find peace.

She got up from her comfortable bed, and went straight to the bathroom to wash up. As she eyed herself in the mirror, a hallucination suddenly appeared on the mirror.

 

Flashback

Standing in front of the faucet while brushing her teeth, she felt a hand that s around her waist. Joongki hugged her waist, and put his head on her left shoulder.

“Good morning, beautiful” he kissed her jaw line, and she got shivers down her spine.

They were at a school trip in Jeju Island with the whole batch. She was very thankful that the teacher allowed each student to choose their roommates. 4 people in one room, and she was with joongki, bora, and yixing. Yixing was joongki’s bestfriend, very sweet, and a down to earth person.

He was also her close friend, and she got to know him better. But, after the death of joongki, he left for china, and she heard that he really got devastated, and depressed. And she still hasn’t heard any news about his whereabouts.

 

Jinhee left the bathroom as soon as she finished washing up, and got dressed. She went downstairs to find her parents peacefully eating in the dining room which was very rare.

“Oh you’re awake already! Eat your breakfast here, darling.” her mom smiled at her, and gestured her to sit down in front of her.

Jinhee sat down in front of her mom while her dad was sitting in the corner of the table reading the newspaper.

“So, how was your week?” her mom looked at her while taking a bite of the bread.

“Fine.. I guess” emotions come, and go, and can't be controlled.

“Oh honey, there’s so much to smile about, and you deserve every inch of happiness in this world” her mom said while giving her a smile full of assurance.

“I don’t. I am no good... I deserve to be pushed aside, forgotten, rejected, and abandoned” Jinhee said as she poked the sausage on her plate, and played with it. Her parents looked at each other, and shook their head sadly. Her mom reached for her hand and squeezed it gently,

“Keep your head up, princess. You know how much we love you, and we will always be by your side” then Jinhee smiled weakly at her parents until someone disturbed their peaceful breakfast.

They were interrupted when they heard a knock on the door.

“Why would anyone knock when we have a doorbell?” her mom got up from her chair, and went straight to the front door.

When she opened the door, she was welcomed by Chanyeol who was smiling widely at her. Jinhee got shocked as soon as she saw his cousin’s figure.

“Oh, auntie! It’s been a long time!” he bowed making her mom do the same thing.

“Oh Chanyeol darling! How are you?!” her mom said cheerfully, and she got a little excited seeing Chanyeol. “Come in, and join us in breakfast!” then she pulled him inside pointing at Jiinhee’s direction gesturing to sit down beside her.

While making his way to the dining room, he spotted her dad, and greeted him. “Annyeonghaseyo, Uncle Park!” and bowed. My dad folded the newspaper he was just reading, and put it down on top of the table.

“Oh, Chanyeol-ssi! Annyeonghaseyo!” her dad smiled at him.

“Looking Good, Mr. Park!” Chanyeol winked playfully.

“Well, this face right here can get any woman because of my handsome-ness” he said proudly making her mom yelp,

“Behave, Park Sukjin!” then they laughed.

He eyed Jiinhee, “Hello there, cousin! It’s been.. 9 10 11..” he was counting using his fingers, and stopped for a while then continued, “12 hours since I last saw you!” then he sat down beside her. Jinhee ignored him pretending that she was busy playing with her food making him frown a bit.

“So how are you, Chanyeol-ssi?” her mom sat down on her chair.

“Better than before! China was great! I got to meet a lot of friends and     “ Jinhee cut him off.

“That was why you never called nor ask what I’ve been doing in life” she murmured making the whole room become silent. The most imperative consideratio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter