Chapter 32

Will You Take The Risk? [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Sehun saw her standing across the kitchen, taking out all the food she had bought for breakfast, and he thought, “How I miss seeing her like this, even she doesn’t admit it, I know she still cares”

She’s dozed off again, and Sehun coughed softly to have her attention, which seemed to startled her. Then he smiled as if he’d be happy to stand there gazing at her forever.

 

He stepped down closer to her, but Jinhee avoided any long looks from him as one avoids long looks at the sun.

“What did you buy?” Sehun asked. Silence. “I bet you bought my favorites”

She never answered. She couldn’t. All she could do was stand there, trying to distract herself by preparing the food she bought.

Sehun sighed deeply, feeling defeated. Sehun wanted to bring back what they had in the past, what they were back then. But it seemed like Jinhee is the real battle here.

He sat down on one of the chairs, and watched the beauty in front of her, preparing his breakfast. How he wished it was the reality. Minutes have passed, but none of them tried to speak, or have some conversation. He couldn’t take the silence anymore, and spoke, “Why did you help me?” he breathed, once again, silence. They could only hear the clamping of utensils Jinhee were holding, “why are you here?” he was beginning to feel impatient, “I said why did you help me, and why are you here?” he banged the table so loud, that even he got startled.

She finally dropped everything she was holding, and bit her lower lip trying to prevent her anger to explode. She turned her head, and gave him a death stare. When her eyes met his gaze as they were staring at each other, time stopped. Those eyes were piercing her, and she swore at that moment he sensed the real her.

Sehun stood up, and walked close to her, closing the gap between them, “Why are you doing this to me? To play tricks on me? To take revenge on me? To hurt me?! Whaat?!” he nearly shouted the last line, asking in desperation.

She was stunned seeing him in this state again.”What-what do you mean?" Jinhee asked, trying to maintain a tone of confidence. The voice cackled maliciously.


“Just the other day you said to off, to stay away from you. But you..” he pinned her on the wall, trapping her delicate body between his arms. She groaned as she felt the pain on her back.
"..helping me? In the middle of the night? Visiting me the next day, and bringing food?” Sehun murmured. "and telling me you don’t care?!” he yelled.

 

She didn't know why she was about to cry, but she knew that if anybody spoke to her or looked at her too close, the tears would fly out of her eyes, and the sobs would fly out of .

His eyes were so intense that she wanted to look away, but as she stared long into his eyes, she can see desperation, pain, and hopelessness. But nonetheless, she despised him. He was the reason why she lost everything she had. And now that she has started to re-build her life, he will come begging for another chance, and she won’t lose it again this time. She had enough.

 

“Look at my eyes fine!” Sehun was stunned when Jinhee spoke; he was waiting for a slap, or some dramatic shouts, or a punch, and boxing she should have done. But this time, it was different. She was calm.

“Behind these eyes there is a girl trapped within her pain—“ she started, and looked at Sehun, “– a girl feeling all the emotions of anger and sadness. She’s fighting for a way out.” Sehun was still dazed, and they were just looking at each other. “You know why I do these things?” she pushed him violently, what Sehun has already expected from the start of this conversation. “Do you know why?!” she was beginning to shout already.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter