Chapter 22

Will You Take The Risk? [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Some of you are still confused, if you watch the trailer I made for this story, we can see that the accident was a car accident, and now we all know who was the driver ^^ This chapter is just a flashback, no present day, just the past/flashback that explains everything.. and get ready for the worst scenario.

 

Flashback

 

The light breeze of the day had dropped, and the evening was very tranquil. The streetlights had already lit up, the night hummed, full of leaves and crickets started to do their thing. The night was beautiful; the bright tingle of the stars, the pounding of the music, or best of all the silky feeling of moonlight on the skin.

Yixing walked down the street with his hands on his pocket, and straining to listen for any sound from the lane or the road beyond. Then his eyes caught something or more like someone; a petite, young, and beautiful looking girl outside the bar leaning against the glass window. Yixing watched her drink in the sight, sensing the flood of memories she's unleashed, and wanting nothing more than to let her know he was there. But instead, he just stood where he was, and stareed up at her.

She saw how Jinhee grieved over his boyfriend that night. She wanted none of those days to end, and it was always with disappointment that she watched the darkness stride forward. Pain feels like a fast stab wound to the heart. Drinking, they say, is a form of suicide where you're allowed to return to life, and begin all over the next day. It was like killing yourself, and then you're reborn. She wanted to smother out the pain she was feeling that day, for losing her boyfriend without seeing him, after his remains were brought to China. And so what they said.

She would always remember when Joongki had the accident, her memories with him, her agony, the scenarios of the long nights alone, reaching for her phone across the bed every morning when she wakes up, expecting to see his name there, and only slowly growing accustomed to the fact that she will never see the name of her boyfriend in her phone, and that her life would always be empty.

It has been a week since the accident, and how cruel it may seem, Joongki’s parents didn’t allow any of his friends to visit Joongki, dead or alive. Nobody knew what really happened, they just knew 2 days after the said accident that Joongki's parents flew to China, with the remains of Joongki.

This gave puzzlement to everyone, especially Yixing. Yixing couldn’t comprehend everything, and so he did what he wanted.

 

The danger is that in this move toward new horizons, and far direction to find the truth to every question, Yixing may lose what he has now, and not find anything except loneliness.

Leaving Jinhee was a choice; Yixing's absence seemed a solid thing, a burden she must carry in addition to her grief... yet, he knew she would continue to live without him. It may seem selfish at first, but it was a self-sacrifice he had to endure.

“I have always loved you" he whispered, he was inside his car outside Jinhee’s house, ready to go to the airport, and go to China. It was his initiative to take a last glance on Jinhee, who was leaning against the railing on her balcony staring at nothing; it seemed that sadness swooned all over her. Even though it hurts, he has to, and that was the moment he knew that he was going to do it. When you love someone, you put their needs before your own. No matter how inconceivable those needs were; no matter how ed up; no matter how much it made you feel like you were ripping yourself into pieces, it was for the best.

 

True, he had a hard time in China for a few months, but he was able to endure every suffering, every nostalgic feeling, and every loneliness he was feeling. He met Exo there, that became his family in China. Chanyeol, and Yixing met already once back in Korea, and they were surprised to see each other in China. Everything was perfect at first, not until..

 

“Sehun bro!” they were at Sehun’s birthday party at his house.

“What’s up, hyung?” Sehun asked, fazed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter