Chapter 25

Will You Take The Risk? [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Farewells can be shattering, but returns are surely worse. She felt her heart which no longer beat, and contract. Seeing her in great affliction made it worse. He wondered if there was anything in the world as painful as not being able to protect the one he loves.

One day, someone is going to hug you so tight that all your broken pieces will stick back together. He threw his arms around her without even thinking first, the way he used to when they were still together, no pain, no suffering, and just happiness.

"I’m sorry” he said into her waist. She wasn’t moving or reacting. He grabbed her tightly in a hug so ferocious, the love reached clean to his bones. He kissed the top of her head. The moment when he hugged her, and felt his lips on her head, her heart felt warm, and high in her chest, and tingly. And that was when she woke up from reality, as she moved her arms, and hugged him tight. She felt her lungs inflate with the sudden happening right at that moment. She couldn't beleive it.

He felt his shirt being soaked by Jinhee’s tears. They were still on the street, and felt weird as the people were looking at them like they were some crazy couple. She just wept. She wept because her eyes were opened to reality....she wept because she could not believe anymore, and she was tired. She wept because she has lost her pain, and she was not yet accustomed to its absence. She lost her pain, because she felt her heart turned into an ice; she just felt numb with every lie she heard.

There are those moments of unutterable fulfillment which cannot be completely explained by those symbols called words.

Life is a series of natural, and spontaneous changes. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like. Scars have the strange power to remind us that our past is real.

 

Time is precious, but truth is more precious than time. She needed to know everything. They walked to the nearest park. They needed time alone. It was a silent walk as neither of them tried to speak. They could no longer deny the boiling words of their blood: tonight would be the beginning of a very long road indeed. Jinhee, whose thoughts were still confused, and she just couldn’t believe that for a short span of time, a day full of revelations, and lies. She couldn’t digest each, and every detail she discovered that day. And what's even worse was that, the man who caused her life to be in pure agony, and full of affliction, was right there by her side.

“There are moments when I wish I could roll back the clock, and take all the sadness away, but I have the feeling that if I did, the joy would be gone as well.” Joongki said in one take, as he stopped walking in the middle of the park. He turned to look at Jinhee, whose head was facing the ground. She didn’t react, and she just stood there with her hair disheveled, and messed up. She tried to hide her pain, to not show Joongki her pain. She couldn’t blame him for everything, because it wasn’t his fault to be in an accident, and that she was a pain in their asses. “..Jinhee, are you alright?”

She looked at him; that same face that she has fallen in love with years ago, that same face that comforted her when she was feeling lonely, and isolated; that same face that made her believe that there was still happiness in this world.  As they looked at each other’s eyes, she realized something.

Sorrow prepares you for joy.

Whatever sorrow shakes from your heart, far better things will take their place. Maybe all the sorrows, and heartbreaks that she experienced prepared her for joy. And that maybe, just maybe, the love that became an infatuation, she had with Sehun was just an imitation of love she had with Joongki, that she just wanted to smother out the pain, and let someone be the remedy to her broken heart.

She was so confused that she became afraid of her own reality; her feelings most of all. Feelings are disturbing. They said that pain is evil, and dangerous. Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they’re wrong. Pain is a feeling. Your feelings are a part of you. Your own reality.

Did she love Sehun? Yes she did. But, she was confused, and addled at the moment. She was questioning everything. She admits that Joongki will always have a special place in her heart, but Sehun has already invaded her whole heart, that she could no longer think, and feel whether she was still longing for Joongki all this time.

 

We have to allow ourselves to be loved by the people who really love us, the people who really matter. Too much of the time, we are blinded by our own pursuits of people to love us, people that don't even matter, while all that time we waste, and the people who do love us have to stand on the sidewalk, and watch us beg in the streets. It's time to put an end to this. It's time for us to let ourselves be loved

“Jinhee?” she blinked as she realized she was just looking at him, and without further ado, without any hesitation, she asked him a question.

“Tell me the truth, Joongki..” she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter