Chapter 10

Will You Take The Risk? [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“You look hideous, my dear cousin” Jinhee said in a mocking tone as she sat down beside Chanyeol.

Earning a groan from Chanyeol. “Yah! I still have a hangover” as Chanyeol rubbed his temple wishing that it will lessen the pain. He glanced at Jinhee who has a different aura today, “You seem to be in a good mood today”

“I’m not, I’m still upset how you ditched me last night because you were dead drunk along with your playboy friends.“ Jinhee rolled her eyes, and back to her poker face.

“I’m sorry, okay? I got carried away” Chanyeol explained.

“Typical words of playboys” Jinhee hissed. Chanyeol rolled his eyes, then back to rubbing his temple because it felt like someone was stabbing his head without mercy.

 

“By the way..” Chanyeol tapped Jinhee’s shoulder, “How did you get home last night?”

“Sehun offered to give me a ride” Jinhee said straightforward, and coldly. Chanyeol’s eyes widened,

“WHAT?!” he exclaimed. Seemed like his headache subsided. Then the students started to look at Chanyeol, and Jinhee, with confused faces. Jinhee looked at him with an annoyed facial expression,

“What do you mean ‘what’?” Jinhee said quietly so that no one can hear them, but thanks to Chanyeol’s big mouth, everybody knew her secret.

“What do you mean, what ‘what’?! Sehun gave you a ride last night?!” he exclaimed.

 

Gasps, and murmurs can be heard inside the classroom. One student acted like fainting when she heard that Sehun gave Jinhee a ride last night. Most of them faked a cry, but some of them really cried. It was a commotion inside the classroom.

 

Jinhee immediately covered Chanyeol’s mouth with her hand, and whispered, “Can you just shut your big mouth? You were all drunk, and what do you expect me to do? Go home alone, and walk without knowing where my feet drag me?” then she dropped her hand, and glared at him.

 

Just in time, Sehun then entered the classroom, and he was surprised that all of the students were looking at him with faint, and vague facial expressions. He saw some students fanning themselves with their hands, and some of them were even crying. He ignored all of them then proceeded to his place. He glanced at Jinhee who just ignored him, and avoided his stare.

 

He shrugged it off, and sat down on his chair. Then Baekhyun leaned his elbow on Sehun’s table, and whispered, “Is it true that you gave jinhee a ride home last night?” as Sehun tilted his head, and mouthed, “How did you know?” Baekhyun removed his elbow on his table, and straightened his body, “Thank Chanyeol’s big mouth, everyone knows about it”

 

 

Classes became boring as usual. Jinhee may seem not to care about school, but she was one of the top 5 of the class making everyone confused on how a girl like her; cold, frigid, forbidding, and distant person can be one of the top 5? Her classmates were still in search of the answers. They even concluded that she pays the school to make her one of the top 5 since her family is very well-known, and rich. But, everyone was wrong. Jinhee doesn’t listen to class, but she spends the rest of her day studying the lessons. She will always go to her usual place, and there she studies their lessons. It was her life for the past 3 years. She cannot concentrate inside the classroom because memories started to bombard her mind, and eventually lose her focus.

 

The bell already rang for lunch; Bora wasn’t present because she wasn’t feeling well so Jinhee marched her way to her usual spot. Jinhee plopped her body against the soft, and gentle grass behind the tree, and took out her books to study the lessons a while ago.

 

“On August 15, 1948, the Republic of Korea was formally established, with Syngman Rhee as the first president..” Jinhee mumbled as she was reading her history book abo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter