Chapter 30

Will You Take The Risk? [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WARNING: No Sehun, and Jinhee interaction. It's just a day with Mark and Jinhee lol

 

 

 

She quickly ran upstairs, and into her bathroom as she powdered her face, and dashed inside her walk-in closet to change into some comfortable clothes.

“Well, this should do, right?” she said, while checking herself out on the mirror. She just wore a plain white v-neck that showed half of her well-defined collar bones, and jeans with a matching doll shoes as she brought out a hoodie, and went downstairs.

He smiled at her as he saw her walk down the stairs. Simply beautiful he thought. It was a warm smile, the kind that made the blood in Jinhee's veins run a little faster. "We’ve been hanging out for the past 3 years, and your fashion hasn’t changed yet." Mark chuckled softly after, “my date is too cute!” he pinched both cheeks of Jinhee.
Caught off guard, she stammered. "A wh-what?"
"A date," Mark repeated. "because I need to convince myself that flying here from LA is worth my time and money, and that I wouldn’t disappoint myself for spending a thousand dollar because a certain girl called me telling me she can’t do it alone, and that she was crying-“

"Okay okay! I get it okay” Jinhee was not sure what to make of this. "And I appreciate your effort, that’s why it’s going to be my treat”
"I know you cannot resist this charm," teased Mark. "C’mon! I’m tempted to eat an ant because I am so hungry!” as he positioned his arm on Jinhee’s shoulder and pulled her out.

 

 

 

“Mark, is this a date?"

He didn't reach for the key still in the ignition. "So where are we going, madam?"

"Is this a date?" Jinhee asked again, more stridently.

Silent, he sat there, his hands on the steering wheel as he stared at it “Mark” Jinhee warned.

"I want it to be.” he said softly, “There’s nothing wrong because the past is just the past. Baby girl, please-“

“Stop calling me that, it’s too childish” she said. He sighed, and started the car, and ignored her. “I’m sorry” Jinhee said. “I’m just.. not comfortable when it’s only the two of us and you call me that-“

“What we had in America is the past, alright?” he started. “We’re now bestfriends, and I get it. I don’t have any more intention, okay? Let’s just enjoy being bestfriends, and you treating me some food” she just smiled at him, thankful Mark is an undertsanding friend,and he, too, did the same thing as his eyes were still glued on the road. Good thing his memory about the country was still fresh as he studied there for 6 years during his elementary days.

 

 

Well, the conversation they had inside the car was quite.. confusing. You see, when Jinhee went to America for good, it was very hard for her to adjust to a new environment, and culture. She would just lock herself up inside her bedroom the whole day; sleeping, watching TV, reading books, and just cry. She studied medicine there for 3 years, and pretty much it went well because she is a smart woman.

Medical School. It was a nightmare for everyone who studies there, but for Jinhee? It was her paradise. She wanted to pursue a career in the field of medicine, like she has always wanted to since she was still young. Aside from music being her passion, she wanted to be a doctor just to simply cure people. From all her experiences from the accident to experiencing seeing death in front of her, she wanted to help those people. Her deceased boyfriend, joongki, became is her number 1 inspiration to continue, and achieve her dream to become a doctor.

She was on her first year as a student there, and she met Mark Tuan. They were always Lab Partners every week, and coincidentally, they have the same subjects, and the same schedule. They would sit beside each other in the classroom, they would hangout after classes, and pretty much they were glued to each other every single day. They have a lot in common that was why they became close with each other.

Mark’s passion is dancing, and because of him, Jinhee went back to dancing after years of not being able to dance because of what happened to Joongki. Every Friday they would go to a dance studio, and they would teach each other some moves, and basically they would dance like they were the only people left in the world. They would rather dance in a dance studio, than go clubing like most of the people in her school do.

It was a very tranquil evening, when Mark invited Jinhee to go to this certain destination. The place where Mark built up his confidence to ask Jinhee to be his girlfriend. Where his feelings bloomed for her. Every move Jinhee does adds up to the growing feeling of Mark. He knew everything about Jinhee’s past. From Joongki to Sehun, from yixing confessing his love, from chanyeol keeping the biggest secret, and Sehun being her worst nightmare. He knew everything because Jinhee trusted him.

But sadly Jinhee rejected him. Stating that, “I’m not ready for a new love, and you know that. I’ve been through a lot, and I hope you understand. I just lost my boyfriend, and the person that gave me the love I needed the most when I was at my worst betrayed me. I’m sorry, but I’m not accepting your love.”

It eventually tore both of them apart. They tried their best to avoid, and ignore each other even though they were in the same class everyday. But after months of ignoring, and hiding, they realized they didn’t want to throw away their friendship, and so they became matured enough to stay fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter