Chapter 12

Will You Take The Risk? [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Flashback

“…hun. My name is Sehun” the cute little boy smiled widely while waving at the young Jinhee. When Sehun smiled, Jinhee noticed the scar on Sehun’s right side of his face.

 

 

 

Jinhee was completely, and absolutely thunderstruck, and speechless. She finally remembered his name after for so how many years. With mouth agape, and tensed body, her mind, and whole body were in chaos right now. She didn’t know how to react or what to react. The very first thing she did was to look at his right side of the face, and her eyes widened as she laid her eyes on that little scar on Sehun’s face. 

She slowly moved her hand towards Sehun’s face, and touched his scar. Jinhee felt a familiar pinch behind her eyes. dried. Her eyes burned. And then they came. Like salty little paratroopers, tears dropped. Was it happiness? Bliss? Joy? Or was it Victory? For 13 years she had waited to find her favorite childhood friend, she finally found him, right in front of her. Or was it fear, and anxiety?

 

It was a mutual feeling for both of them. Sharing the same hatred connected both of them together. It was like they know each other for so many years, but there was a boundary between them, a boundary that they cannot afford to shatter because they were afraid for what might happen. They were both once victims of love, a love that made Jinhee trap in her past, and became distant, forbidding, and cold. A love that made Sehun not believe in happily ever after; who wrapped his self in anger, and loathe.

 

But, right now, right at that moment, can they shatter that boundary that has been hindering them to open their hearts once again? Now that they knew, that the person they have been searching for in years was in front of them. Can their anger, and pain subside, and become love, and trust?

 

“13 years..” Jinhee murmured. “13 years I’ve been searching for my favorite childhood friend..” she felt tears slip from beneath her lashes, no matter how she tried to blink them back. Her heart was ablaze. It seemed that her entire life had led to this man, “Destiny must have been playing with us. Why of all people..” Sehun wiped her tear, and suffocated her in his warm, and welcoming embrace. One day, someone is going to hug you so tight that all your broken pieces will stick back together

“I’m sorry it took me 13 years to go back.” Sehun whispered sincerely while hugging her. “Remember how I told you to trust me that I’ll be going back” he said as he let her go off his embrace. 

 

 

Flashback

They were 6 years old when they started playing with each other. They would always meet up in the playground, and there they spend the whole afternoon playing games. For a year they did the same cycle everyday, making their friendship bloom, and became best buddies.

 

Jinhee was standing in the middle of the playground waiting for Sehun for almost an hour. She would look from left to right hoping that she can see Sehun run to her, and they would start playing. But that day was different. She saw a familiar figure running towards her making her heart flutter in glee. She waved, and smiled widely, but as soon as Sehun closed the space between them, the smile slowly faded. He was crying.

 

Her body stumbled when Sehun suddenly hugged her tightly. She was frozen, and not moving. Sehun broke the hug, and looked at Jinhee.

“I’m going” Sehun cried

“But you just came! I waited for—“

“I’m going to China” Sehun cut her off.

“Wh-what?” Jinhee stuttere

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter