Chapter 17

Will You Take The Risk? [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Sehun woke up from his deep slumber when he suddenly felt a sharp pain in his head, making him wince in pain. He abruptly closed his eyes to stop the dizziness he was feeling. The silence inside the room was deafening that their breathing were the only source of noise.

Jinhee woke up all of a sudden, who was sleeping on the couch just beside the bed, when he heard Sehun wince in pain. She abruptly gathered all of her strength to stand up, and march her way towards Sehun.

Isn’t it odd that Sehun has been in his peaceful slumber for about 10 hours now, and yet, Jinhee only slept for less than an hour to take care, and look after him.

When Sehun collapsed on the ground yesterday evening, Jinhee felt her world crumpled down that brought tears in her eyes as she was afraid to lose someone again. To lose someone in front of her eyes, in front of her being, in front of her undecided feelings.

All of her past came back as soon as Sehun collapsed in front of her; she remembered the way Joongki fought for his life, how he was covered with blood all over his body, and how he was lifeless in front of her. She couldn’t do anything that day; if she could turn back time, she would definitely grab the moment, and save him. But, what’s even worse? She had never seen Joongki’s body after the scandalous scene between her parents, and his parents inside the hospital. “He’s gone. Don’t even dare to go to the funeral because we’re bringing his remains to China”  were the last words she heard from his parents. And after that, she never knew anything from then on. It traumatized her seeing a person dying in front of her, thus, making her panic, and shout in the middle of a peaceful, and serene evening last night,

If it wasn’t for her parents who came running outside their house to see Jinhee, and an unknown boy who was lying lifeless by the gate, Jinhee would’ve fainted from anxiety, and apprehension. Her father immediately carried Sehun inside their house, particularly in Jinhee’s room, and her mom called her uncle who was a doctor.

It was not that Jinhee was afraid of Sehun’s parents to tell them about what happened, but because his family were in China, leaving Sehun alone to live in Korea. Thus, her parents agreed to take care of the said boy for a few days as to what the doctor told them to do.

It’s not an act of sympathy, but rather an act of care to their daughter (and Sehun). Why? Because it’s been 3 years since Jinhee cared like this for a certain person, what was more shocking was that, its gender is a boy.. that they knew she despised so much. Yes, Jinhee always mentioned him to them, thus making their curiosity augment as to who is this said boy, and how did he manage to change their daughter?

 

Jinhee sat down on the space beside Sehun carefully, and brushed a few hair-strands from his forehead to touch it. Her eyes widened in horror as he was burning hot (literally, and figuratively). She reached for the medicine, and a glass of water on the table beside the bed, and tried to give it to Sehun. Seeing Sehun in this state of pain, and soreness, she mentally slapped her face for her idiocy because his eyes were still closed for feeling so much dizziness. And so she put the glass down on the side table, and moved closer to Sehun. “Sehun..” Jinhee mumbled in a demure, and modest way, “drink this medicine” as she pushed the pill against his lips, surprised, and astonished as he felt her fingers brushed against his lips, he suddenly opened his eyes to be welcomed by the beauty in front of him making him look at her like he was hypnotized.

He drank the medicine, with the help of Jinhee holding the glass of water. As soon as he drank fully the medicine, he tried to sit up, but stumbled, and failed, due to his weakness, and dizziness. Seeing him this weak, Jinhee instinctively gave all her strength to help Sehun sit up, and thus, succeeded. Although she felt like she was going to faint from lack of energy, and sleep, not to mention she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter