Final

Will You Take The Risk? [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Where have you been?” Jinhee asked Yixing. They were at the garden, at the back of the hospital. They were seated at one of the benches there.

 

There was no tension at all between the two. Simply because Jinhee already have no more grudges against anybody else in the world. If there is, then it would be to herself.

 

Jinhee already has a stable life, to be honest. She was now one of the top Doctors in Korea, has a very stable and prestigious job, a loving family, supportive friends, and everything else was beautiful. What else could she ask for more?

 

“I was away to find myself once more. To find who I really am. To kill that monster inside of me that’s been controlling me to do things I don't mean to do" he laughed faintly

 

“Hey, don’t say that. You’re not a monster, okay? And I’m very proud of you, and what you have right now” she smiled, “But may I ask?”

 

“Go on” Yixing said. Same as always; a very calm and serene voice of Yixing.

 

“Uhm..” she was actually fidgeting, “that boy inside.. you know, the one earlier..is that really your son?” she was actually nervous, she tried not to stutter, since it’s been like what? 7? 10? years since they last talked to each other. They never found Yixing again after the incident between them. No calls, no messages, no letters as to where he was, and still.. nothing. It was purely “I don’t where he is” all over. 

 

Since Jinhee began to study Medicine for almost all her life, she really didn't have time to find him actually. Everyday, she had to memorize this and that, research everything, study everything she sees, study for the exams, board exam everywhere, peer pressure, and just to say it plainly, ‘stress’ is the word. She didn't even remember whether she thought about Sehun just for once, well of course she did, but she didn't remember, or even did not attempt to remember. Most of her classmates didn't even have the word "love" in their vocabulary since Medicine is all over the place. You'd see them all sleeping in the middle of the break, during class hours, sleeping all over the corner in their school.. So the point is, she's been busy all her life studying medicine for 10 years in America, and coming back to Korea. 

 

7 years, and she has entirely moved on. 7 freaking years, and she didn't bother to know what Sehun was doing all his life. 

 

Chanyeol is now one of the top lawyers in town, shocking everyone. Even he, himself, was shocked at first when he made it to a Law School. Jongin is now a professional dance choreographer in one of the 3 big entertainment companies in Korea. Who wouldn't be surprised since he dances the best among their old school? As to what happened to the other members, well, Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, and Chen decided to become Music Professors in their own respective chosen schools, and it went very well since the 3 of them decided to save up some money, and now they have already built a new music school. Luhan, and Minseok, built their own Coffee Cafe that was recognized as one of the successful businesses in town. Suho, of course, became the CEO of their family's company. He even asked his parents why he had to study knowing that since he was still young, he already has a future in their company. Tao, and Kris went back to China to have their own businesses there though they often visit Korea. As to Yixing, well.. he too is a professional dance choreographer in one of the big entertainment companies in China.

 

 

“It’s hard to believe, isn’t it?” he chuckled, and even though Jinhee was dumbfounded, she nodded in agreement. “He’s only 6 you may know. He’s already grown-up, and guess what?” he said cheerfully

 

“Hmm?” she said in response

 

“He has a dimple, just like me!” and she can tell he was very, very proud of his son, and how he grew up so well. Jinhee laughed because of his bubbly personality, and she admitted she missed Yixing; his smile, his quirky side, that person who only laughs at everything, dances when he is stressed, and just simply.. Yixing.

 

“Well, who is that unlucky girl?” she teased, but she noticed he frowned after. His dimple suddenly disappeared, and his smile vanished. “What’s wrong?” she panicked.

 

“That’s actually a very funny story.” he forced a smiled, and Jinhee touched his shoulder, but he just smiled at him. “He’s my son, but at the same time, he’s not mine.”

 

Her face fell, and gave him a confused face, “huh?”

 

Yixing suddenly chuckled, “Well.. he’s not really my son. We may have similar dimples, but sadly, he’s not mine in the first place.”

 

“uh-huh. O..kay. Enlighten me.. please? I don’t get it?” Jinhee said desperately

 

“6 years ago..” he started, “I was in China back then. I was actually on my way to my own apartment from a whole day finding a decent job.”

 

“Wait” she cut him off, “Own apartment?”

 

“I-uh.. decided to be independent..” he scratched his neck, embarrassed. Jinhee nodded understandingly, “So anyway, I was already in front of my apartment when I heard a cry.. from a woman, and a baby. The village is just small. It was really quiet back then, so I really heard it. I followed the cries, until I found a woman lying lifeless on the side walk, who was carrying a baby.. and with blood all over her body.” he said horrified shocking Jinhee.

 

“Are you being serious, Yixing? I swear to God if you’re making up a story, I will cut your bones into pieces, and I will seriously kill you” she threatened, and Yixing just laughed.

 

“Okay okay! I give up! He’s just the son of my girlfriend right now.” he confessed while laughing and Jinhee smacked his head so hard that he almost choked on his own saliva

 

“Go burn in hell, Lay!” she exclaimed

 

“Wow, this is the first time I heard you say my other name. Feisty~” he teased, and another smack from Jinhee. But after it, they just laughed it off

 

“So..” she scratched her chin while furrowing her eyebrows, “I guess your girlfriend has a son, but the father of that baby is her ex-boyfriend who happened to have abandoned her when he knew a baby was coming, so he left her, and she became depressed. But then a superman came to her life, and they fell in love, and the guy was so in love with her that he took the responsibility to raise her child, and bla bla bla bla they lived happily ever after” she stood up, and bowed like she just finished her monologue.

 

“Actually..” Yixing stood up, “ding ding ding ding! Give this woman a prize, because she got a BINGO!” as he whispered a shouting crowd, and gave a round of applause.

 

“Don’t make me smack your head again, Lay~" she teased. He just laughed, and Jinhee joined him as well, and they both laughed not minding the people who were watching them weirdly. Then they stopped laughing, as they were having a hard time catching their breaths. They looked at each other very satisfied. In all honesty, it’s been a very, very long time since they bonded like that. No worries, no pains, just plain happiness.

 

Yixing then opened his arms widely, and gestured her to take a step closer, and they both hugged wiggling side to side. But then he had this constant urge to say something, though he was afraid, he bravely still did. “I’m sorry, Jinhee..”

 

“For what?” she murmured against her shirt.

 

“.. for everything” he said, “I’m very sorry for always running away with the things I’m afraid to face. I was just scared of taking the risk. I was afraid for us. What I felt back then is already buried in the past. I will always love you, Jinhee. The love just like what we had when we were still best friends back then. I want the old us back. I’m very sorry.” at this point, he didn’t cry. She didn’t cry. She didn’t respond, but she just hugged him tighter, and it was an indication that she has already forgiven him. But actually, she already forgave him a long time ago in all honesty. They just stayed in that position, enjoying each other. She felt his old best friend is back. They are back to their old selfs.

 

They broke the hug together, and they smiled at each other, very satisfied. “Let’s go in?” she asked. He just nodded, and pulled her close to him, as he positioned his right arm around her shoulder, and Jinhee positioned her left arm on his waist, “But, Yixing?”  “Hmm?” “Can I meet that unlucky girl of yours~ So that I can warn her about you” she teased as she laughed.

 

As a punishment, Yixing pinched her right cheek, “And that is for still being mean to me” Jinhee pouted, and rubbed her red cheek. “You will meet her soon. When she comes back to Korea” and Jinhee nodded in response.

 

“Can’t wait!” she cheered. “I will tell her how you were still peeing on your own bed when you were already a sophomore—“

 

He pinched her cheeks, and she stopped. “What was that for?” she pouted

 

“That is for you to shut up.” he laughed, but Jinhee glared at him, “oh c'mon! I’m just kidding, kiddo. I just missed you, you know? I wonder why you became a doctor after all”

 

“Why?” she frowned

 

“You’re still acting like a kid.” and of course he got another smack on the head from Jinhee. But they just laughed. Jinhee suddenly remembered something.

 

“Oh, and yeah I almost forgot..” she said. He looked at her, “Chanyeol is here by the way.. and he got a mini Chanyeol after all.. and this one is for real. It’s his.”

 

Yixing’s face dropped, and he gasped, “ARE YOU BEING SERIOUS?!” Jinhee wiggled her eyebrows, and nodded "uhuh. His name is Park Daeyeol. He is exactly a carbon copy of Chanyeol, from the face to being conceited, and being an egocentric person."

 

"That's not a surprise after all" he said.

 

 

 

Jinhee led their way to Chanyeol who was inside his son's private room at the hospital. He was playing a game on his phone, when somebody knocked, and entered the room. He heard Jinhee, and he didn't bother to look up since she was there like an hour ago, but he was stunned when he heard another voice.

 

"It's been a long time, Chan" Yixing cheered.

 

"HOLY FCKIN SH--" Jinhee immediately covered Chanyeol's mouth, and whispered harshly, "Shut up! Your son is sleeping, you dimwitted !" and Yixing was just laughing at the scene. He missed when these two bicker around like children. Afterall, that's Chanyeol, and Jinhee. The crazy people who are part of the crazy family of the Park.

 

They didn't know whether Chanyeol was hyperventilating because even though Jinhee already dropped her hand from his mouth, he was mouthing some words like "Holy ! Yixing! Are you real?! ing real?" but there were no sounds coming out. He looked like he was hyperventilating, and was ready to faint.

 

They gave him some time to catch his breath, and let himself calm down. He was seated on the couch, and tried his best to calm his nerves down. After breathing normally, Chanyeol stood up from the couch, and immediately slapped Yixing on the face. Yixing was shocked by the sudden action. Jinhee got alarmed, and pulled Chanyeol, but he restrained.

 

"Holy sht, you are FCUKING REAL!" Chanyeol faked a cry, but then he felt a slap on his face, and looked at the culprit, "What was that for?!" he pouted, and touched his cheek.

 

"Holy sht, you are real, Chanyeol!" Yixing mocked him, and Chanyeol just looked at him weirdly, but then they both felt a slap on their cheeks at the same

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter