Chapter 3

Will You Take The Risk? [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jinhee arrived at her home after 30 minutes of driving. Although she wasn’t supposed to feel guilty when he just left Chanyeol dumbfounded, she actually did feel guilty. She wasn’t sure why all of her anger and pain were all vented out to him a while ago, but she knows she’s just trying to avoid the things she wants to forget. She was tired of running away from this, tired of not telling people, tired of not talking about it, tired of pretending things were okay when they had never, ever been less than okay. She just didn’t want him to bombard her with questions regarding her past because she would just give him the same answers all over again. She didn’t want him to see her cry and weep over shallow things because as people around her say; she should just move on already because it already happened 3 years ago. It was actually their first time to meet and see each other after 4 years since he left Korea. And yet Jinhee was being the distant and inhospitable cousin.

Weeks ago, her mom informed her that Chanyeol will attend the same class as her. She was supposed to feel happy and excited, right? Because she will finally see her cousin after 4 years, but it really upset her that he never called nor did not keep in touch with her. While she tried her best to call him, she will just hear the same response from the other line, "Annyeonghaseyo! This is your happy virus, unfortunately, I am busy right now, and just leave a message after this. Have a nice day!" and never heard a reply from him.

She walked inside her house feeling exhausted and worn out. Her house was quite big since her family owns a big company in Seoul, Korea.

"How was your day, honey?" her mom asked while walking out from the kitchen.

"Same cycle. Ignore people... ignore. Same cycle. Nothing new." she said as she dropped her bag on the couch and sat groggily.

Her mom chuckled and sat beside her figure. "So, did you meet Chanyeol?"

"Unfortunately, yes. He's my seatmate." she said coldly as she sighed deeply while shaking her head disappointedly.

"Just give him a chance, Jinhee darling. Maybe he has reasons why he never called you back." her mom patted her back and smiled at her lovingly, comforting her.

"Soon." she stood up and went straight to her room upstairs.

 

She lied down on her bed feeling a lot exhausted and was only staring at the ceiling.

"This day was so frustrating and what more the whole year" she groaned in annoyance and disturbance. She was giddy with exhaustion. It was a hurting tune, resigned, a cry of heartache for all in the world that fell apart.

She was so stressed and tired, so overwhelmed. And Chanyeol was an addition to her stress. She had enough explanation to people, and she really didn’t like the fact that they will give her sympathetic looks and just feel sorry. It was like they were telling her that she is weak and timid.

She was loved by everyone because she was affable, down to earth, companionable, and every single good trait. She was surrounded by good people because she was approachable and congenial. She was an angel they say. But, that one tragedy, and that accident changed everything.

Her heart was in a perpetual state of sadness, and the only relief she could find were in those cathartic cries. She lived a fragile existence for 3 years. She felt her eyes slowly closing from exhaustion and drama this day. She drifted off to sleep with her uniform on.

 

 

She woke up feeling alone, so lonely. The night before, she had cried herself to sleep. It was her routine every single day. She shifted to her left side to look at the time and her eyes widened because it was already 8AM, and her class starts in 30 minutes. She stood up quickly realizing that she slept with her uniform on. She marched her way to her bathroom and prepared herself for school.

After 30 minutes of preparation, she ran downstairs, got her car keys, and sprinted her way to her car without biding goodbyes to her parents who were probably still preparing for work.

After 25 minutes, she arrived at her school and dashed her way to her classroom. As she entered the classroom, all eyes were on her, and she just stood there blankly still wearing her cold stare

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter