Chapter 20

Will You Take The Risk? [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The damage was permanent; there would always be scars. But even the most painful scars faded over time, and the only thing that remained was the memory of how painful it had been. But, no matter what happens in life, no matter how hard things seem, no matter how painful things were, moments always pass like fluffy clouds in a blue sky.

It has been a great life for both Jinhee, and Sehun. Jinhee changed again from her old self; the one who was now bubbly, genial, engaging, and just the old Jinhee they know way back then. True, it was hard for her to adjust to a new life, but with Sehun. and her friends beside her, she managed to live in happiness. and contentment. They’ve been together for almost 6 months, with only 3 months left for school.

People don't want words, as seductive, pleasant, and warming as they can be. People want to see that they're worth some sacrifice or some great deed. And it's not that people are always worth it, it's that love is. They both accepted each other’s flaws, and their flaws hinged both of them together. They weren’t the kind of people who were affectionate, and romantic with each other. But the mere fact that they were always together, just laughing, and enjoying each other’s company was enough for them to show a perfect relationship.

As they embrace the mystery of love, it contains not the absence of anger or pain, but the presence of healing. Not the absence of disharmony or confusion, but the presence of peace, and clarity.

 

But there was this person, who had been keeping his secret for almost 4 years. It was a forbidden love. How hard is it to stop the heart from loving? As hard as it is to stop the eye from blinking, the more you control it, the mort it hurts.

 

“Jinhee!” Yixing shouted from afar, but it was loud enough for Jinhee to hear it. She turned her head, and saw Yixing jogging towards her. He was waving, and she gave him a small wave, and smiled at him in return. “Are you going on your class already?” he said still panting with few sweats on his forehead.

“Hmm, my class starts in..” she checked her wrist watch while calculating the time, “20 minutes. Do you need something?”

“Need?” he tittered softly, “We hardly see each other anymore, and when we do..” he sighed softly, “You would go the opposite way.” he stated in disappointment, and dismal. Jinhee’s eyes softened, out of guilt, and shame.

True, they weren’t able to spend time together. They became like strangers, ships that pass in the night, not able to agree on anything, not having any common ground. Each day they stood almost shoulder to shoulder, occupying the same space, breathing the same air, but they remained strangers. They were not bestfriends anymore. They were strangers. Tied together by chains, but they had rusted, and there was no hope for them to reconnect.

“Yixing, I-Im really sorry..” her smile turned upside down, feeling miserable and unhappy in this situation. “I really don’t have the time because of school, projects—“

“And sehun” yixing cut her off. She abruptly stopped and for a split second they stare

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter