007

The Candor Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I WAS WORRIED ABOUT YOU OK?” Key blurted without thinking out of anger. They’re both huffing and puffing from all the rage but Amber’s expression softened to shock.

“What?” Amber asked softly.

“I used to live in that room. I’m assuming that you screamed because their was a ghost of a little boy in there somewhere. I met the same boy too before.” Key admitted. “Knowing that, I just had to check up on you.” Amber didn’t know how to react to that. She felt awkward and she didn’t know what to say. Why was he so worried about her? All he knew how to do was blow up and argue with her.

“I guess I don’t need to anymore because you’re about to get kicked out of school.” Key continues. He glared at her then turned around to leave.

“Wait!” she shouted, grabbing his wrist. He snaps his attention towards her and looks at her uncomfortably. “Please, please don’t tell anyone.” she begged. Key wriggled and twisted his hand, trying to release himself from her grasp but she held on. She looked at him with pleading eyes. Her eyes made him feel guilty. So instead, he twisted his wrists a couple more and flicked her hand off of his. He glared at her, partially angry and partially sorrow. He didn’t let his sorrow show through though. He turned around without saying a word, leaving Amber terrified and worried of what he’s going to do next. Without furthermore, she headed back for her room.

When she got there, she paused, remembering that that little boy still sits in her closet, weeping away. She entered her room anyways and peered under her closet door again. Surely enough, his glow was still there. Hearing him weep like this, she felt bad for him, like she should be doing something to comfort the poor kid. She wanted to know why he was crying and desperately wanted to help him so she headed for her closet again.

This time, she was prepared and knows what she’s about to get herself into. Taking in a deep breath, she opened the door and crouched down.

“Are you ok little boy?” she asked softly and sincerely. The boy didn’t turn to face her. All he did was shake his head as he continued to weep. Swallowing, she touched the boy’s back. It felt as if she was touching a real boy. If she were to be blind, she would’ve never been able to tell the difference between him as a ghost or if he were to be a living human being. The boy turned his head slightly to make eye contact with her.

The boy’s face made Amber’s head jerk back but she didn’t take her hand off for even a minute. The little boy had a disoriented face. He didn’t have proper facial features which was the only reason that scared Amber in the first place.

“Don’t I scare you?” he asked, clearly afraid. Amber shook her head. “Then why did you scream?”

“You startled me because I wasn’t expecting to see a little ghost.” Amber told him openly. “I’m not afraid though. Why are you crying?”

“I lost Eomma and Appa!” he cried. Amber looked at him sincerely.

“What’s your name?” she asked.

“Cheon Seong.” he sniffled.

“Well little Seong, would you like me to help you find your parents?” Amber asked softly.

“But isn’t Noona leaving soon?” he cried. Amber jerked her head back.

“You heard?” Amber asked sadly. He nodded. “Well, I can’t promise that I can help you find your parents but I can promise to keep you company for as long as I’m here.”

“Will Noona really do that?” he asked excitedly. Amber nodded without hesitation. He got up jumping for joy and hugged Amber. He took her by surprise but she hugged him back and smiled. She’s always wanted a younger sibling. She never knew how it felt like to have one. Now she knows, and she felt happy.

~

The next day, Amber didn’t go to her classes. In fact, she called in sick and didn’t a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter