016

The Candor Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In a blink of an eye, one week passes and mysteries remained unsolved. Sulli has remained the same. Silent and hating. Now Friday is here and Amber is ready to leave the school. She steps out of the school gates, feeling tears rolling down her face one drop after the other. She has all her luggage and she slowly drags them out of the school boundaries unwillingly as if she’s stuck in slow motion.

Just a week ago, she has gotten an angry phone call from her sister who is now expecting her back to orphanage.

Although Jackie was furious, she was understanding, knowing that this was what her sister has always wanted but the outcome just turned out differently. Jackie wanted her sister to stay at this fantastic academy but what has been done, has been done. She would let her stay if she was given the option but right now, all is forgiven yet she still has to go home.

Amber misses her sister and Ms. Park but she knew that she was going to miss this school even more.

Suddenly, another person came to mind.

She blushed, wondering why she would ever think of Key at a time like this but then again, if it wasn’t for him, she would’ve been gone long before. He was always there for her when she needed it and even though they argued a lot in the past, Key has finally opened up to her and she learned that there was a soft side to him.

She felt her heart beat faster every moment she kept thinking about him. Then, another image from her memory popped up in her mind which made her redder than she already was. She could feel that kiss almost happen again. That dream she had of him a while back. Of Key. It was only now when she finally realized that she does, in fact, like him.

But sadly, he’ll never find out because they’re never going to see each other again. She heaved a sigh of disappointment and made her way past the academy gates.

Just beyond them, she stopped to turn around and look at the school again to bid her final farewell.

“Goodbye.” she mumbled sadly. Amber had no idea who or what she was talking to but she felt the need to say it anyways.

Amber was about to turn back around and leave when the announcements came on.

"Amber Liu please report to the office immediately. That's Amber Liu please report to the office immediately. Thank you." and then, the announcements shut off.

Amber was shocked to hear that the office wanted her right now, right when she was about to leave the school. Without further ado, she rushed over to the office, secretly hoping some miracle will happen to her.

When she got to his office, the headmaster offered her a chair and she sat down, waiting patiently. The head rubbed his head for a moment after he sat down in his own chair before telling her what he wanted to say.

“I have just phoned your sister, and she says that you are a good student and all you’ve ever wanted was to attend this school, am I correct?” he asked her. Amber nodded and waited for him to get to the point.

“You have tremendous talent and your grades exceed expectations as your sister has described you to be. I expect that you will continue this effort and help bring our academy’s average even higher than it already is.” he continues.

Amber widened her eyes, understanding the message behind his words but she decided that she wants him to tell her directly.

“I’m sorry but I don’t think I understand what you’re trying to say.” Amber lied, putting on a straight face, trying really hard not to laugh.

“You get to stay as in you’re not leaving thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter