019

The Candor Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She couldn’t breathe. Her heart ached. But all she thought about was that , Key.

Amber was huddled in a hedge corner weeping until her tears dried up. She has tried to lose herself from reality within the school’s garden maze, wondering what has she ever done to him to deserve this kind of pain. She openly told him her feelings but he coldly rejected. She knew he felt the same way. She could almost feel that he felt the same way about her but he stubbornly denied.

She wanted to punch something, someone, but she couldn’t bring herself to do it. She hated him, but she hated herself the most.

It made her wonder why she’d ever fall for him. She didn’t know why nor did she ever understood what her heart was trying to tell her. All she knew was that she wanted to be more than just friends with him. She knew that she loved Key with all her heart.

She didn’t ask for much but for him to give an honest answer. Problem was, she knew that his answer wasn’t honest and he rejected her in the coldest way possible. She wanted to know why he wouldn’t accept her. She wanted to know why he was lying to her but how is she supposed to help him if he chooses to lock himself in and away from the rest of the world? She wanted to care for him, to help him, but she can’t if he’s going to shut her out and close the door in her face.

At this stage, she didn’t know what to feel anymore. Hate? Sadness? Betrayed? She didn’t know.All she wanted was this pain to stop.

“I hate you Key. Why did I have to fall in love with you?” Amber whispered to herself through her stifled tears.

~

For the next few days, Amber and Key didn’t talk to each other. Amber would see him during lunch, in the hallways, in class, but she ignored his presence. She acted as if all she saw was another empty space, as if he never existed.

Key was dying on the inside. He longed to talk to her again, laugh with her again, apologize to her. But all he received was the silent treatment.

He knew he deserved it. He will never be able to find himself another girl like Amber because he didn’t want another. But he had to let her go. She was so close, but he had to toss her aside for her own good. He didn’t want Amber to suffer more than she already has to, especially not because of him.

If he were to tell her the reason why he had to do that to her, she’ll hang on and never let go no matter how painful the ending would be. So to him, it’s better to have her be in a short term pain now, to have her hate him for the rest of his life, instead of a long term pain later on.

~

“The talent show?” Amber asked, wondering if she was hearing right.

“Yeah! You should totally join it! You have so much talent!” Krystal says.

“I’m not the type that enjoys performing on stage though.” Amber says, scratching her head.

“Oh come on! Stop being so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter