021

The Candor Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Do you like Amber?" Taemin asked.

If Key was shocked, he didn't show it. Many questions raced through his mind. Did he like Amber? Where did that question come from?

"Why would you suddenly ask me that kind of question?" Key asked him back.

"Because Sulli told me that the person Amber is in love with is my best friend. And apparently, that best friend happens to love her back. So now I want to know, do you love her?" Taemin replied feeling anxious the moment he ask it.

Key swallowed hard but his throat was dry. Many more questions raised in his head by that point. For one, how did Sulli know? For two, why would she tell Taemin that? She might as well give him the name while she was at it! He didn’t know what to say next or how to answer his question. He wanted to answer Taemin honestly but he didn't want to hurt him. After all, it was never intended that he would end up with Amber no matter what his answer was.

Taemin looked at Key with pained eyes. Partially from knowing that he has been a naive idiot throughout  this whole time. But mostly because Key isn't answering him which means he's hiding something. Taemin didn’t like lies. He felt betrayed that Key had been hiding so much from him for so long. He thought that they were best friends who tell each other everything.

"Please tell me Key. I need to know. I have the right to know." Taemin begged and he was right. He had the right to know. He confessed to Amber but she just never gave him her answer. Key felt guilty that he was hiding so much from his childhood friend. Now, Taemin is giving him the chance to be honest but he was having to decide between his friend’s happiness or their friendship.  Really, Taemin was better off not knowing any of this. It would've been less painful for everyone.

After a while, Key finally settled on his answer.

"Yes." he finally muttered. Taemin snapped at him, wondering if he was hearing him right.

"I don't want to lie to you Taemin and as you said, you deserve to know." Key admitted.

"Did she ever confess to you?" Taemin stuttered, trying to hold his tears back.

"Yes but I rejected." Key told him.

“Why didn’t you tell me this before?” Taemin asked sadly.

“I thought that if less people knew, the better. And for the long run, this is between me and her.” Key explained. He was partially lying but he had to keep his secret a secret no matter the cost.

"Why are you lying to her then?" Taemin asked.

"There are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter