017

The Candor Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Beautiful melodies and harmonies filled the grand music room. A woman was singing the famous Hallelujah from George Frederick Handel’s Messiah. Her melodious voice was accompanied by a violin that was played by her husband, the piano that was played by her son, and cello that was played by the elder daughter. The family of 4 was just finishing off their last song of the night when a loud scream was heard from the kitchen. A servant ran in and all the music halted. The whole family crowded around the servant to hear what happened except for the little boy.

The husband tilted his head and ordered the sister to carry the little boy out of the house. She nodded and did so obediently. She runs towards the boy and swoops him into her arms.

“Eomma! Appa!” a little boy cries. Running through the horrid scene, she buries his face in her chest so that he won’t breathe in the toxic smoke and he won’t see the horrible nightmare. His older sister cradles him in her arms and rushes out of the house. “Noona! Don’t leave me!” He cried as the older sister sets him down on the ground, a safe distance away from danger.

“I’m going to go get Eomma and Appa. Wait for me.” she says. He remembers her last face very clearly. Her face had traces of black smoke covering parts of her face, her neatly tied back hair was now full of knots and tangles and her clothes full of burnt holes. She smelled like ashes. Her eyes were full of sincerity and hope that they’ll all be back soon. The little boy trusted her so he nodded and let her go.

She rushed back into the house that was set ablaze and she never came back out. Screams of painful and slow death echoes throughout the house. The little boy watched the house slowly crumble and deteriorate. Soon, the house collapsed into nothing but cinder. That was the last time that the little boy ever saw his family.

Horrified, Key woke up from his petrifying dream. More like a petrifying memory.

He was sweating like there was no tomorrow and his heart beated irregularly, shortening his breaths. His chest felt like it was being stabbed with giant stakes. He frantically went to the bathroom for a refreshing glass of water but drinking wasn’t an easy task either considering the condition he’s currently in.

Thinking back to that memory suffocated him. He misses his family and he should’ve never let her sister to go back there. It was suicide. But what was done, has been done. His parents are gone and so is his beloved sister whom he used to be so close with. The person he trusted so much. She knew that she wouldn’t make it out alive yet she still ran in there again. Key felt guilty, not able to let go of his past and he felt that he should take all the blame for the lost of his sister. He missed her so much.

~

The sun’s rays pierced through the window and into her pair of sleepy eyes. Clearly, the sun is trying get Amber to wake up, and yawningly enough, she did. She sat up slowly and stretched her numb arms until she could feel her blood circulating properly again. Letting out a satisfying sigh, she lets her arms drop.

It’s her first day of school, or, as a girl attending the school at least.

She went down for breakfast with her buddies as usual but her classes weren’t as usual. Her teachers reintroduced her to the classes, causing lots of gossip and avoiding to start. But she tried her best to ignore them all even though she knew it bothered her.

During her business class, she could feel Sulli’s glaring eye making her spine shiver up and down. Clearly, Sulli was not happy that she’s still in school.

During lunch, Sulli marched into the caf, pulled Amber out of her seat and dragged her away into the janitor’s room to talk in private.

At first, Amber didn’t say anything because she was glad that Sulli is finally talking to her again. However, she was too glad too soon. The bitterness in Sulli’s expression scared Amber and made her smile turn down.

“How are you still here?” Sulli asked. Amber looked at her sadly.

“You ratted me out?” Amber asked, turning from sad to suspicious.

“Of course I did, who else did you think did it? Why are you still here and in the female’s uniform?” Sulli asked ag

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter