029

The Candor Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kibum… Kibum…” a soft feminine voice called out to him. The voice was awfully familiar to him but he was certain it didn’t belong to anyone of his friends and it certainly didn’t belong to Amber. Slowly fluttering his eyes open, he found himself in a blinding white space. Looking around, confused, he got up from where he lied and started to take a look around.

He was wearing nothing but white. His surroundings was nothing but white and endless space. No matter where he has gone, no matter how long he has walked, the space didn’t seem to have an end.

“Am I dead?” Key asked, listening to his voice echo itself throughout the neverending space.

“Not necessarily. Not yet at least.” the feminine voice replied.

“Who are you?” Key reluctantly asked.

“Well, you were 7 at the time when you’ve last seen me so I wouldn’t be surprised if you’ve forgotten.” she replied with a giggle. Out of thin air, she appeared in front of him, as if it were magic.

Key squinted his eyes as she slowly faded before his eyes. Those familiar eyes, that familiar face.

“Sis…” Key’s eyes widened in shock. He felt his eyes grow moist as tears rolled down his cheek for his sister was no longer in the fumes and ashes that he last saw her to be. She looked healthy and happy.

“Pabo. Stop crying.” she laughed. Not able to control his emotions, Key embraced her.

“I missed you.” he cried.

“I never left Kibum. I was always here, next to you.” she hugged back.

“How’s mom and dad?” he asked.

“They’re good. But you’re not.” she replied.

“Me?” he asked as he backed away from his sister.

“Key, you’re in the surgical room right now. You’re heart is slowing down. You need to go back and be strong again.” she told him.

“I don’t care about reality anymore. I want to go with you, mom and dad.” he cried again.

“Pabo. You may not care but there’s one other girl that does. You can’t bear to see her tear apart to the sight of your death can you? I wouldn’t let her go if I were you.” his sister looked at him, full of concern.

“Amber…” he mumbled.

Suddenly his surrounding space turned black as if a vacuum all the white out of life itself.

“Sis? Sis!” he ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter