026

The Candor Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I’m going to be using a couple of theatrics terminology in these next 2 chapters so here are some definitions before you guys get confused.

Catwalk: A catwalk is an elevated platform above the stage from which many of the technical functions of a theatre, such as lighting and sound, may be manipulated.

Fly: A fly system is a system of ropes, counterweights, pulleys, and other such tools designed to allow a technical crew to quickly move set pieces, lights, and microphones on and off stage quickly by "flying" them in from a large opening above the stage known as a fly tower/flyspace

Wings: Areas that are part of a stage deck but offstage (out of sight of the audience). The wings are typically masked with legs (theatre drapes and stage curtains). The wing space is used for performers preparing to enter, storage of sets for scenery changes and as a stagehand work area. Wings also contain technical equipment, such as the fly system.


Hope that clears things up a bit. Happy reading ^^

 

“Hey, has anyone seen Taemin lately?” Krystal asked.

It has been 3 days since Amber last saw Key. After he zipped off, Key has disappeared just like he has for the past week that he has been missing because he was “busy.”

“No.” Onew answered.

“Hey guys. I’m not going to be joining you for lunch for the next couple of days.” Amber informed.

“Why?” Krystal asked.

“I have a music composition to get done.” she explained.

“I swear, this group is tearing apart.” Onew exclaimed. All heads turned his way immediately.

“What do you mean by that?” Luna asked.

“Well first,  Sulli leaves our group because of jealousy towards Amber. Then, Amber almost leaves the school because of her secret. Third, Key doesn’t join us for meals anymore because he keeps claiming that he’s busy. Fourth, Taemin leaves for some unknown reason. Now Amber’s going too?” Onew expanded.

“I’ll only be gone for a couple of days Onew. I’ll be back soon.” she smiled.

“Yeah, that’s what Key said but what happens? Goes missing for weeks!” he complained. “Who knows who would leave next? Luna? Krystal? Maybe Jonghyun.”

“Yeah. I would leave, and then come back as if nothing happened just to scare the out of you.” Jonghyun laughed.

“Don’t joke about that!” Onew screeched.

“Onew, stop being so paranoid. You worry too much, like you always do.” Luna calmed. He took in a deep breath to calm down and eventually became silent.

~

It was really crowded. For the past week, this night was all people could talk about.

Candor Academy’s talent show.

Luna, Jonghyun, Onew, Victoria, Minho and Krystal were all trying get through the double doors to get good seats for the show. But no matter how early they were, it was crowded more than ever as if they had just entered downtown Seoul.

When they finally got into the gym sized drama room, they hurried to the best seats possible. They found pretty good seats right next to the middle aisle, 6 rows from the front.

“Where’s Amber? I thought she said that she was going to join us!” Krystal shouted over the noisy people as they filed into the drama room to fill in the rest of the seats.

“She said she caught a cold today so she couldn’t come!” Luna shouted back.

“Such a shame.” Krystal pouted.

“Guys, if Amber couldn’t make it, then let’s just leave it. We’re here to support Key remember?” Onew reminded. They all nodded in agreement just as the lights dimmed out and the spotlight was overtop the hosts of the night.

“Ladies and Gentlemen! Madame et Monsieur! Welcome to Candor Academy’s 12th ever talent show!” the male host started. There was a loud roar throughout the crowd, welcoming the host onto the stage and celebrating the talent show’s 12th anniversary.

~

“Start to set up.”

“Right.”

~

“I’m sure everyone is hyped to watch what performances we have in store for you guys tonight. But Kevin, why haven’t we started yet?” the female host asked.

“Well Naeun, we’re waiting for the audience of course! You may say that they’re hyped, but are they really?” Kevin teased.

“If Candor Academy wants the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter