003

The Candor Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, my friends and I were just about to go grab some lunch. Wanna come?” Key asked her out of the blue when he came out of the bathroom in a fresh and clean outfit. She widened her eyes at him with curiosity and surprise.

“You’re kidding. You’re asking me?” she asked him.

“Well, yeah… You got a problem with that?” he asked in return.

“Well, we just met and I’ve known you for less than an hour and you’re practically asking a complete stranger to have lunch with you and your friends.” she responded awkwardly and disgustedly.

“Hey, we’re not complete strangers ok? I know your name and you know mine. Also, we’re going to be roommates for the next year at this academy so I just want to get to know you better. Do you want to come or not?” he asked annoyingly. She thought about it for a moment, and shrugged, following him out the door.

They headed into the cafeteria and met up with a giant group who were waiting for him before they ordered.

“Always fashionably late aren’t you Key?” the boy that help Amber out, Onew, asked.

“Well, what can you say?” Key responded fixing his hair.

“Hey! You’re that boy from earlier today!” the girl shouted, recognizing Amber right off the bat. Amber looked at her, confused of what she was saying. Then she realized that she had almost forgot that she enrolled into the school as a boy and not a girl, so she nodded shyly.

“Hi. I’m Amber.” Amber said.

“Nice to meet you Amber. I’m Luna.” the girl responded. “The girls sitting next to me, starting from my right, is Victoria, Sulli and Krystal.” she introduced, pointing to each of them as she went along. All of them either waved hi or said hello as she did a roll call.

“Hey, you’re not going to introduce us to him?” Onew asked teasingly.

“Do it yourself.” Luna scolded jokingly, sticking her tongue out at him. Giving her a smile, Onew started.

“I’m Onew, as you’ve met before, and from my left to right, we have Jonghyun, Minho and Taemin.” he introduced. Like the girls, the boys said hello or waved hi as Onew went along. Amber nodded to each of them, trying her best to remember all their names.

“Ok! Enough talk! We need to order! I’m starving!” Taemin complained.

“Fine! Let’s order!” Jonghyun replied annoyingly. Key sat down next to his friends and Amber awkwardly grabbed a seat and tried to fit in.

“So, you’re one of the freshmen here in the academy?” Victoria asked. Amber nodded shyly. Then she felt a nudge on the shoulder.

“Hey, there’s no need to feel like an outsider. Just join in and have fun!” Krystal laughed. Amber still didn’t feel comfortable though. Sulli noticed that she probably wasn’t used to these kinds of crowds so she tried to comfort her.

“Amber, if you really don’t feel comfortable, you can always say so. Don’t worry about it.” she told her. Amber looked up at her, wondering how she was reading her thoughts but instead, she nodded and stayed quiet. Amber took a closer look at Sulli, wondering where she’s seen her before because she looked quite familiar, she just couldn’t put her finger on it.

The next day was the first day of school. Amber woke up extra early, knowing that she’s going to need to take some time before she could navigate herself around the school smoothly. She leaned her back against the wall in one of the crossroads of the school, staring at her timetable sheet feeling helpless. Her classrooms are all over the school so she has no idea where to go.

Amber's timetable:

Math - Rm. 286

Business - Rm. 763

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter