002

The Candor Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Welcome freshmen, to the Candor Academy!” the principal started, standing behind a podium as he started his welcome speech to the newcomers. He was a chubby man, wearing a suit and tie as any principal would have to make a good impression on the new students. “Here at this school, we teach you the importance of honesty, hence the symbolic colours black and white.” he continued. This sentence about honesty made Amber tense up as she listened, knowing that she is not at all innocent during her stay at this school. Then the principal continued on with his speech with the clearing of his throat. “Our school, I can proudly say, is at it’s finest and I hope that each and everyone of you will take that to your advantage to do well and achieve a successful future career. Your classrooms and dorms are assigned to you and your timetables will be accessible through the front desk of the academy. Please pick them up sometime today. Your classes will officially start tomorrow morning. Other than that, please rest well and enjoy your stay at this school.” and with that, the assembly ended with a thunderous applause as everyone got up and out of their seats, heading out the door.

Amber rubbed her hands together nervously as she exited patiently through the thick crowd. She felt like she didn’t belong and she rubbed her hands as if there was a layer of skin that was bothering her but she couldn’t get it off. She eventually stopped rubbing and chewed on her nails instead. What was she thinking? This school is meant for honest people. Not for people like her who is trying to pull off as the opposite ! She made her way over to the front desk when she finally made it out. The secretary handed her two sets of the male uniforms along with her timetable and her dorm number. Thanking the secretary on her way out, she hunted for her room.

This academy was bigger than she thought. It twisted and turned in awkward ways and the dorms are located across from the school. As she hunted for her room, she found herself getting lost. She was lost in thought, trying to navigate herself as she accidentally made her way to the academy’s garden. Ugh. Why did I have to act like a smartass all the time? Now I’m lost, she scolded herself. She has always had a bad sense of direction ever since she was a little child and she knows that really well.

“Need some help?” a voice asked her from behind, startling her. She turned around and found that it was one of the idiot’s friends that he was hanging out with. The boy was about her height, with golden hair and had a cute smile that she found attractive. Breaking her train of thought, he introduced himself.

“I’m Onew, a sophomore. Can I help you to your dorm?” he offered kindly. She nodded shyly and handed him her dorm slip. He glanced at it and his eyes widened. “Ha!” he laughed. “I know where your room is.” he glanced at her and handed her back the slip, giving her a teasing smile. “Follow me.” Nervous of what he was laughing about, she followed his lead awkwardly.

The dorms weren’t far from where she was. In fact, it was a two minute walk around the corner to reach the dorm section of the campus. I feel like an idiot not knowing this, she told herself.

When they reached her room on the second floor, he pointed to the do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter