012

The Candor Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Amber’s eyes widened in shock. She couldn’t believe her ears. Was she hearing him right?

“I-I-I’m sorry, y-you what?” Amber stuttered.

“I’m in love with you Amber.” Taemin repeats. Amber’s jaw dropped. No way. This couldn’t be happening. Him being gay for her? This is bad. This is really bad. To her, this shouldn’t have even happened. Why, out of all people, did he have to fall in love with her?

She stared at him blankly, not knowing if she should be disturbed or shocked or something else. She couldn’t think. Too many things were running through her head right now.

There was a long and awkward silence between them. Not knowing how to feel about this situation any longer, Amber started bursting out laughing, trying to break the awkwardness that she was feeling between each other. Taemin looked at her, full of confusion.

“S-sorry. I think I need sometime to think about it.” she laughed, trying to keep it compressed.

“Understandable.” Taemin muttered sadly. He shuffled his way out the door and closed it behind him. Amber finally learned to control her laugh and started to frown. What the hell just happened and how is she going to fix all this?

Seong quietly stepped out of the closet and made his over to Amber’s side.

“What now Noona?” he asked her. Lost in thought, she looked at Seong sadly.

“I- I don’t know.” she admitted.

~

Breakfast was really awkward when Amber made her way to the table. She could feel every single pair of eyes looking at her at the table with mixed emotions.

Some felt confused, some looked at her like this whole thing was a joke, some felt awkward but their was this one pair of eyes that were just pinned on her with a cold glare. She couldn’t quite make out who was doing that to her though.

The longer she sat with them, the more uncomfortable she felt sitting with them at this point in time. Eventually, she lost all appetite so she decided to just get up and leave. She dumped all her food in the trash and walked out of the cafeteria.

There was a sudden tap on her shoulder so she turned her head around slowly to see who it was. It was Key. She didn’t hear him follow her, nor did she expect him to follow her. He gave her a worried look but all Amber could do was turn her head back around and pointed her nose towards the ground as she continued walking.

But Key continued to follow her unconsciously.

This time, she knew that he was following her but she decided to not acknowledge it nor oppose it.

Key looked at her and worried for her. He felt like he should do something but he couldn’t. It pained him to see her this way but he didn’t want to admit himself to it.

As they walked, Key noticed that she wasn’t going in the direction to her class. Normally, she would be heading to class but she went to go to the academy’s garden instead. She sat down on a stone bench and slumped over, heaving a sigh.

She dropped her bag carelessly onto the floor, her body feeling numb all over. She looked up at Key who was staring at her the whole time and then heaved another sigh. She looked back towards the ground and Key made his way over to sit next to her.

“I know that I probably don’t know how you’re feeling right now and I probably won’t ever understand how it feels to be in your shoes but if you need a shoulder to cry on, I’m always here.” he tells her. His eyes lit up when he realized what he just said. He regretted every single word immediately after, feeling like a complete idiot. He didn’t know why he said that. It was more like his instincts told him to. Al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter