031

The Candor Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Every weekend, Amber would go and visit Key but will always end up seeing him motionless upon the hospital bed. She wondered how he would react if he woke up with her by his side. Happy? Excited? Unexpected? Sad? Force her away from him again? She wanted to cry whether the outcome was positive or negative. She just wanted him to be up, alive and well. But most of all, she wanted him to be honest with her. For him to tell her the truth that has been paining the both of them for so long.

Once in a while, Amber would be accompanied by the rest of her friends but Amber was there most often. She was never able to put down her feelings for her and till this day, she still can’t. She loved him too much.

Key, who is currently unconscious, would always be able to feel and hear Amber next to him. He wasn’t completely unconscious. He just wasn’t able to take full control over his body yet but his mind is still working and awake. Everyday, he wanted to cry for every moment that Amber stayed by his side even after all the terrible things that he had done to her. Yet she still loved him and believed in him. To many, they would both be idiots; trying to hide their emotions from one another yet show affection when their backs are turned. But to them, they felt that they were trying to avoid hurting the other and keeping them safe yet this outcome still surfaces.

Amber would always visit during the weekends and sometimes during the weekday if she was able to save up some time for him. Key really appreciated it, especially when his friends would look after her for him while he was out. But one Wednesday afternoon, two s decided to show up bearing a basket of fruit and a bouquet of flowers varying from roses to orchids.

“How are you doing old friend?” Taemin smirked. He took the flowers and neatly placed them into the empty vase on the nightstand, picking at them now and then to make it look flawless and perfect in its surroundings, as if it was meant to be here.

They have quite a bit of guts to be showing up here. Key muttered hatefully in his mind. His fists were mentally clenched tightly until his palms bled but he wasn’t able to feel the pain for the person is motionless on bed.

“We brought you fruits. Apples, bananas, pears and look! Even peaches. Just the way you like it.” Sulli told him with a sarcastic smile, “Oh wait! You’re not awake to see them. My bad!”

Key gave them a mental scoff. Stop trying to act all innocent Sulli. You two caused this to me. Next thing I know, that basket of fruits is poisoned. He hated them. He wanted them to die. If he was awake, they would be running in terror from his flaming eyes alone. Rage rapidly built inside of him and he wanted them out but he couldn’t.

“So, how many times have our little Amber visited you hmm?” Sulli teased.

“Let’s be honest, she won’t be able to visit you after how we’re going to kick her back to her godforsaken orphanage.” Taemin laughed.

Key wanted to raise his eyebrows. He was surprised, really surprised. Besides him and the headmaster, nobody else knew that Amber had come from an orphanage. How did they find out? Through stalking? Blackmailing? Private detective? Going through files they weren’t supposed to? Maybe all of those combined. He didn’t know. Too many thoughts ran through his head but what can he do even if he did figure it out? He wasn’t conscious to warn her.

“Savour your final moments with her Kibum.” Taemin laughed.

“Because those will probably be your last.” Sulli finished. Giggling away, they left the room and shut the door behind them. Key wanted to break something. Throw a tantrum. But what if he did? It was all useless now. Especially when Amber is at stake and he won’t be able to be there and protect her.

~

“Okay class! Remember to bring all the necessary equipment to our trip tomorrow!” the business teacher, Mr. Choi, announced. Hearing the bell, he dismissed the class as everyone got and and scrambled for the door.

“Trip?” Krystal asked Amber as she made an unexpected appearance right behind the door.

“YAH! KRYSTAL! DON’T DO THAT!” Amber shouted in fright.

“HAHAHA! You should’ve seen your face!” she laughed, pointing at Amber. Frustrated, she swiped Krystal’s finger from her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter