025

The Candor Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Bye!" Victoria waved, the last to leave the room.

"Bye Vic Unnie! See you at dinner!" Amber greeted back, closing the door gently behind her as she left.

"Noona! Where are we going?" Seong asked as they both got ready to leave.

"Somewhere special." Amber told him, tapping him teasingly on the nose. 

Peering out the door, making sure that there's no one in sight, she lead Seong to the garden.

When they made it to the garden, Amber whistled the first verse of "twinkle, twinkle little star" so that Seong would still be clueless as to what was going on. Then, as if on cue, the same ghost couple from the cemetery emerged from within the garden and revealed themselves.

"EOMMA! APPA!" Seong cried happily, letting go of Amber's hand and rushed towards them. 

"Seong!" the couple called in sync, opening their arms up for a warm family reunion. Amber smiled, trying her best to hold back her tears. She was happy that Seong finally reunited with his family again but she was sad as well because this meant that she had to watch Seong go.

Seong turned around and embraced Amber, catching her off gaurd and almost causing her to stumble over her own feet. Kneeling down, she hugged him back.

"I'm going to miss you Seong." she said softly, trying to hide the choking feeling in as she tried not to cry.

"Don't worry! Seong will come back and visit Noona!" Seong smiled, pulling back from her grasp so that they could make eye contact.

This has got to be the first time she has seen Seong this happy. And it would probably be her last.

"I love you Seong." Amber pecked him on the forehead.

"I love you too Noona. Chu~" Seong pecked her back. "Oh, one more thing." Seong added, going through his pocket. 

He widened his eyes gladly when he found it then enclosed the item within Amber's palm so that she couldn't see. 

"No peeking until Seong leaves." he teased. Amber smiled sincerely and nodded.

"Goodbye Noona." he said, hugging Amber briefly for the last time." And with that, Seong ran back to his parents and the happy family disappeared behind the hedges.

Unconsciously, Amber broke into tears as she waved her final goodbye. She almost forgot that Seong has left her a final gift before he left. 

Making sure that he was gone, she opened her hand.

It was an origami heart with the words "Happy Birthday Amba Noona" scribbled onto it. Amber smiled at the little heart that Seong has folded neatly for her. She gripped it to her chest and savoured the moment. 

She missed Seong already.

After a while, Amber went to the bathroom to wash up before she headed over to dinner.

On her way to the caf, she ran into Victoria at the bottom of their dorm who, as always, had her nose in a book.

"Annyeong Victoria!" Amber greeted. Victoria greeted her back and smiled.

"Have you been crying?" Victoria asked right off the bat.

"What? How could you-? Is it obvious?" Amber asked frantically. She was sure that she saw no traces of crying when she cleaned herself up in the bathroom.

"No." she smiled sincerely.

"Then how-?" Amber started but she didn't know what to say.

"I just know." Victoria smiled.

"Vic, can you not?" Amber asked in grief.

"Not what?" Victoria teased.

Amber shook her head and giggled, causing a contagious giggled throughout the both of them. 

"What are you guys just standing there for? Come on! Let's go!" Krystal suddenly interrupted out of nowhere, dragging the two by the elbow as the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter