005

The Candor Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Where did you learn to play that?" Key asked Amber in a very furious and suspicious tone.

"Excuse me?" she asked in return, putting her guitar down.

"Where'd you learn that song?" Key asked again. This time, his voice grew louder. She raised an eyebrow at him, thinking that he was joking but his expression remained furious. Amber decided to remain silent so she heaved a sigh and shook her head.

"I'm not going to ask again!" he shouts. That caught Amber off guard and caused her to snap her head towards him in terror.

"Look, I have no idea what you’re talking about ok? I asked for a guitar when I was five and I've been composing my own songs ever since." she sighs, hoping that that has answered his question. But the look he gave her was clear that she didn't complete the answer that he was looking for.

"I didn't ask you when you learned to play. I asked you where you learned the song." he says angrily.

"I composed it all on my own ok? Calm down!" Amber says, starting to get ticked off.

"No. You're lying. You must've learned from somewhere. Who taught it to you?" he asked. She learning to play that on her own? There's no way he was going to bring himself to believe that even if it was true.

"How is it any if your business? Why don't you stop with the questioning and leave me alone?" Amber says, clearly annoyed. This answer gave Key all the reason to be angry. Not only was she not cooperating, her tone is really pissing him off.

Everyone else has left the room by now, leaving Key and Amber arguing all on their own.

"I JUST WANT TO KNOW OK?" Key shouted.

"Why? Why do you want to know? What's so important about my song that you really want to know about? I told you everything in truth. You're just not believing me." Amber shouted back.

"No. There's no way that you could've learned to play that all on your own. I've never seen anyone else play that song besides-" Key cut himself off.

"Besides who?" Amber asked. "Playing tunes similar to this is not uncommon ok?" Key's fury has gotten to the point where he doesn't know what to do anymore. So he slammed his hands against the piano keys, making a terrifyingly low harmony that you hear in horror movies. This startled Amber and cause her to jump backwards.

"I'm going to ask you one more time. WHO IT TAUGHT YOU?!" he shouted, snapping his head towards Amber.

"Look, I've already told you. I composed it all on my own. We didn't have the kind of money to get me a teacher to teach me how to compose. The guitar alone took a lot of fundraisers to afford. I pretty much begged for one for about 5 years before we were able to raise enough money to get me a guitar." Amber blurted. She didn't think twice before admitting everything to him. Mostly was because Key was really scaring her for his sudden outrage.

What she just said didn't make Key's fury level go any lower but it did cause him to widen his eyes in shock. It took Amber a while to decipher and realize what she had just told him. When she finally got the whole thing through her head, she widened her own eyes and cupped shut with her hands, not believing that she just told him everything so openly.

"What do you mean by fundraisers?" Key asked her suspiciously, trying to hold his fury back.

"Nothing. It's none of your business." she replies, looking at the floor. Then Key explodes again.

"AMBER! WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO HIDE?" he shouts.

"Why? Why do you care about my life so much? Am I this interesting to you?" Amber's answer caused Key to jerk back. To be honest, he doesn't know why he wants to know more about her all of a sudden. But his angered expression hid all his thoughts and emotions well. Then Amber continued, "If I am, I'm flattered, yes, but seriously? Keep your nose out of it and mind your own business." Key is seeing red now. He wants to know more but all he could do was rage. And every time people don't cooperate with him, all he knows how to do is blow up.

"Mind my own business? Fine. Why don't you drop out of this class and move out of the dorm room? Then I won't be in your hair anymore and you won't have to deal with me anymore. I'm sure that's what you've wanted right? To not room with me? And while you're at it, you might as well stop hanging out with my friend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter