023

The Candor Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hihi! So I figured that the last chapter was a bit boring and slow, I decided to post the next chapter. 

Happy reading ^^

"Amber, I know you've told me to give you time but I feel the need to know your answer now." Taemin told her. He has asked to meet her in the school's garden just moments ago right before they have dinner. 

"What are you referring to?" Amber asked him. 
It has been a whole week since she and Key have seen each other. She has been trying really hard to keep her mind off of him therefore, her focus is now on her academics. 

"I know you've been busy lately but I really want your answer." he continued.
Amber raised an eyebrow at him, completely confused.

"To what?" she questioned.

"To uh- my confession." he responded shyly. 

Amber's eyes widened to a shock. She has completely forgotten about his confession. However, she has already made up her mind since the moment he confessed. She just didn't know how to break it to him because it was an answer that he won't want to hear.

"Taemin... I-"

"Amber Josephine Liu, please report to the office immediately. That's Amber Josephine Liu, please report to the office. Thank you." the announcement screeched. 

"Sorry. I've gotta go." Amber stuttered awkwardly.

"You better go then." Taemin mumbled.

"See you later then." she waved. He waved back and Amber disappeared behind the hedge. 

"You wanted me?" she reported as she walked into the office.

"Yes. Ms. Park has called and your sister has fallen ill in the hospital. You were requested to go back for family support, therefore, your academics will be on hold for you until you return." the lady at the front desk told her. 

Amber slowly worried for her sister as the secretary spoke. Her sister has always been a healthy person. What happened?

Amber thanked the secretary then rushed to her room to pack up. 

~

"What?! Her sister fell ill?!" Onew shouted. Luna nodded.

"Thats what she told me before she rushed out." she continued.

"What happened?" Krystal asked.

"Probably ill because Amber brought misfortune to her own family." Minho muttered under his breath. Krystal jabbed him in the gut with her elbow, warning him to shut up.

"I don't know. She didn't know either. She was only told that her sister was ill. That was it." Luna told them sadly.

"I hope she's okay. What was her sister's name again?" Jonghyun asked.

"Jack- wait, don't you dare Jonghyun!" Luna warned. Jonghyun was known as the school's playboy but he gets all the girls despite the label. 

"Calm down. I was just trying to worry about her." Jonghyun claimed, surrendering his hands into the air.

"Lies." Luna shouted, seeing through his mask.

"It's not like I'll eve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter