006

The Candor Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Amber dumped all her stuff in the floor and looked around her new room. It's a little dusty, but there's nothing a little cleaning couldn't fix.

She pulled opened the blinds, opened the window to let some fresh air in, and started to clean. Within half an hour, the room was practically spotless. She smiled at her own hard work and took in a deep breath. Finally, full privacy and a room that she can finally have own her own.

As she started to unpack, she realized how empty it felt. She's actually never tried having a room all to herself and that she has, she felt a little lonely. She figured that she would get used to it though. Then, there was a loud banging on the door, she opened the door and found Taemin on the other side. She gave him a curious look, wondering why he's here and out breath. 

"This room is definitely haunted." Taemin told her. She raised an eyebrow at him.

"I know you're really good friends with Key but I'm not going back there no matter what you say." Amber tells him bluntly.

"I'm serious!" Taemin says. 

"It's true!" Key shouts from behind him. Taemin moves over and reveals Key who has been standing behind him. Amber gives him a blank expression and raises her eyebrow at him.

"What are you doing here?" Amber asks him annoyingly.

"You seriously need to get out of here." Key says.

"There's no way I'm rooming with you again. Go bother someone else!" Amber tells him, attempting to slam the door in their face.

"Why are you so stubborn? You think I want to room with you? Please." Key says angrily.

"Good, cause I don't want to, and I'm not about to. Yes I'm stubborn, but again, if it's really haunted in here, I'm the one living in here and you're not. Therefore, it's none of your business so stay out of it, and my room." Amber shouts back angrily, slamming the door in his face. 

Pissed, Key stomped his foot on the floor and stormed off. Taemin flashed Amber a gentle smile and then chased after Key, trying to calm him down.

Meanwhile, Amber continues to clean up and unpack, ignoring everything the Key has tried to warn. She hates him and he's being a real . What makes him think that she'll ever believe him? Does he think that she's an idiot, thinking that she'll believe him after what he's done to her? Has he forgotten already? Well clearly, he has no sense of guilt or regret because he came all the way to make up some stupid story instead of apologizing to her. But no matter what he does now is never going to change the way she sees him now. To her, he is, and forever will be an .

That night, Key lies in bed, unable to fall asleep. He couldn't stop thinking about Amber. He admits that he worries for her but she won't ever understand. Especially by how bad he is at communicating his thoughts. Besides Taemin and Sulli, really, no one else understands him.

~

Back in Amber’s room, she just finished the last bit of her Math homework. She glances at the clock that sits at the corner of her table.

“Woah. It’s 2:06 already? Well, time to hit the sack.” she tells herself. She gets out of her chair and stretches out her numb legs and arms. Letting them flop down to her sides, she turns out the lights and heads for her bed. She was about to hop into bed when some echoed cries were heard nearby.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter