024

The Candor Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jackie let out a shriek, sending the couple ghost in terror. Knowing that they’ve now been spotted, they scurried off, trying to get out of sight.

“No wait! Please!” Amber shouted after them. Despite Amber’s calling, they kept running.

They ran for yards and they were surprisingly fast. They dashed from here to there, trying to avoid Amber as much as possible but Amber’s determination kept her going. She promised him something long ago and she intended to keep it.

Well, technically, it wasn’t a full promise. 

The promise was made when Key found out her female identity. But she still made it. She wanted to help him because he helped her. She wanted to thank little Seong for all he has done for her and for giving her a little brother that she has always wanted and loved.

“Mr. and Mrs. Cheon. Please wait!” Amber shouted, trying to catch her breath after a long marathon run. Hearing their last names being called, they halted and turned around in an awkward fashion.

“How’d you know our last names?” the male asked suspiciously. Hearing him say that, she knew that there is no mistake.

“I know where your son is.”

~

For the past week that Amber has been gone, Key regularly attended class and joined his friends for lunch once again. But music class was never the same for him without Amber there to scold him and make fun of his playing every-so-often. 

He missed her so much. He wanted the past that they used to have. The friendship before everything fell apart. 

“Mr. Kim. Mr. Kim Kibum!” Ms. Mi shouted. Key jolted up when he finally noticed his name being called.

“Y-yes Ms. Mi?” Key stuttered. 

“I’ve called your name numerous times! What with you and Ms. Liu lately? You two haven’t been showing up to class at the same time anymore and you two seem to always be dazed. That’s not like you two. Has something happened?” Ms. Mi asked angrily but sincerity was audible in her voice.

Amber was dazed while he was gone? Can it be that she still missed him? But how was that possible? He made her cry and he broke her heart. How would she ever miss him? There wasn’t even the slightest chance possible. 

~

“Do you think Amber’s sister is okay?” Onew asked worriedly.

“Hopefully so.” Luna said confidently but feeling unsure.

“Do you think that I would ever have a chance with Amber’s sister?” Jonghyun asked with a wide grin on his face. But saying that earned him a slap on the head that Luna so gladly placed. Glaring at him, Luna shook her head in disapproval.

“What?” Jonghyun joked.

“If you seriously try to pull that off, you are not going to see the last of me.” Luna threatened viciously.

“Calm down Luna. I was just joking.” Jonghyun laughed.

“Right. That’s what you say every time. But what always ended up happening? Another broken heart by the famous Kim Jonghyun. Who you dating now? Yoona? Or was it Dara?” Luna rolled her eyes. “This is why I’ll never let you date my girls no matter how much you beg.”

~

“Please wait here until dark. I’ll get your son for you.” Amber assured, leading them to the academy garden. 

“Why here?” Ms. Cheon asked curiously.

“This is the academy’s garden maze. If someone happens to come by, it’s easier to find a hiding place.” Amber explained.

Nodding understandingly, they stayed put and Amber rushed in to sign in.

~

“Actually, it's current

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter