033

The Candor Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The deafening emergency siren was all Taemin could hear as he followed Sulli’s gurney into the ambulance truck. Tears endless streamed down his face as he continued to call Sulli’s name and grip onto her hand, hoping that his calls would get her to wake up but it was all useless and he knew it.

“Sulli! Sulli. Sulli…” he cried with all his heart, “please, please wake up! I beg you…”He was worried for her, anyone could see that, but what he didn’t realize was how important she was to him. She was next to him all this time but he was too blind to see and too much of a fool to appreciate. From afar, Amber watched as Sulli and Taemin make their way into the truck. Sulli, looking hopeless and helpless on the gurney, had an oxygen mask over her face as well as a bloody bandages wrapping around her head in attempt to stop her bleeding. And Taemin, was was sobbing until his eye ran dry, worrying about Sulli for every second that she wasn’t conscious. Looking at her feet, Amber gripped onto her umbrella and shuffled back to her dorm with Victoria, Luna and Krystal.

They all heard the siren when Amber was spazzing back in their dorm, all rushing out to see Sulli being pushed out of the building on a gurney. Somehow, in someway, she thought that this was all her fault. She was too harsh. It was her that had caused Sulli to run off somewhere then get herself hurt. And that sent guilt all in throughout her body.

“Amber, it’s not your fault.” Victoria rubbed her back as she read Amber’s pained expression.

“Vic’s right. Don’t blame yourself. No one wanted this outcome.” Luna added.

“But even if it wasn’t me, people will automatically push the blame on me especially of what happened on that roof.” Amber muttered.

“But no one else knows.” Luna reminded.

“Mr. Choi and the headmaster knows. And that’s already enough to get me kicked out of this academy.” Amber told her.

“You know, I find that it’s funny that she tried to push the blame on you on that roof and now she got herself hurt on a roof.” Krystal pointed out.

“Krystal, don’t you start. Not right now at least.” Victoria shot. Krystal nodded obediently.

“Come on Amber. Let’s get back.” Luna patted Amber’s should reassuringly. Nodding repeatedly, as if she was trying to reassure herself as well, they headed back to their dorm.

Amber laid back lazily on Luna’s bed and covered her face with her pillow as Victoria sat next to her while Krystal and Luna sat on Krystal’s bed. Amber ignored their presence and thought to herself. She wanted to blame herself. But was this truly all her fault? She didn’t know. She just wanted to blame someone. Sulli was her friend afterall. No matter how torn apart Sulli had turned things to be, Amber didn’t want to let her go. She knew that there was still a spark of the old Sulli in there somewhere. And she was determined to find it and start that fire again although she knew that playing with fire might mean a couple of burns here and there. But this was all useless now because Sulli had ended up up with a concussion and god knows when she’d wake up again.

Suddenly, a couple of knocks were heard coming from their door and the remaining boys were there. Luna, who opened the door and unexpectedly found Jonghyun behind it, blushed but hid it easily.

“Miss me?” he teased.

“Yup.” Luna smiled.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter