034

The Candor Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She made her way down to the office and braced herself for the worse.

The secretary looked up to Amber’s entrance, “The headmaster will see you now.” Nodding, Amber knew the way. Creaking open the door, Amber found the headmaster and Mr. Choi on the other side and sat in her usual spot at the head’s desk.

“I hope you know what we’ve called you down for.” the headmaster started.

“Yes sir.” Amber replied.

“I don’t think you actually know.” Mr. Choi said with his arms crossed and his feet shoulder width apart.

“I don’t understand what you mean by that Mr. Choi.” Amber responded, clearly confused. There was a long period of silence after that as the headmaster clicked his mouse a couple of times before turning his computer screen around for Amber to see.

The video shown to her was of a black and white screen, fuzzy and hard to see with no audio but right away, Amber realized that this video was of her and Sulli.

It started with Sulli catching Amber’s fall into the pool as Sulli held securely back onto her two feet. Then there was an inaudible conversation clearly going on between them until Amber was shown to be frozen for a couple of seconds before Sulli threw herself into the water. After, Amber dived into the water in attempt to save Sulli as Minyoung’s silhouette was shown to appear in the corner of the screen before she ran off to go get Mr. Choi.

That’s when the video stopped.

Blinking herself back to reality, Amber looked at the two teachers in confusion.

“I’m sorry, but why are you showing me this?” Amber scratched her head.

“I should be the one saying sorry.” Mr. Choi responded.

“Sir?” Amber questioned.

“We assumed that you pushed Sulli in the water but this security camera footage that we retrieved from the security department of Nexon has showed and proved that what you said was true and what Sulli had said was false.” he explained. Amber’s face lit up as she slowly began to understand what was going on.

“Sulli had violated the academy’s code, honesty and trust. On top of that, she had attempted to push the blame onto you, turning you from the victim into an misjudged troublemaker. So in return, we are allowing you to decide Sulli’s punishment.” the headmaster told her.

Amber thought about it for a moment before deciding, “I think it’s best to wait until Sulli regains consciousness. It’s unfair to her for she’s in the hospital right now.”

“As you wish.” the headmaster shrugged.

“But just to clarify, I’m not in trouble anymore right?” Amber grinned.

Heaving a sigh, the headmaster replied, “No you’re not Ms. Liu. You seem to always be able to pull yourself out of trouble despite the amount of times you have violated our code. You’re quite lucky.”

“Thank you. I shall be leaving now.” Amber giggled, getting up and heading out the door.

“And please don’t come back.” the headmaster told her, massaging the bridge of his nose as Amber left.

“She’s in here often isn’t she?” Mr. Choi figured.

“Yes. Yes she is.” the headmaster replied in annoyance.

Amber skipped down the hall excitedly, then thought back to Sulli. She frowned to the memory.

“I should go visit her.” she decided, talking to herself.

~

“WHAT?!?!?!?! AFTER ALL THAT’S SHE’S DONE TO YOU?!” Krystal screeched in disbelief.

“Why not? She is our friend after all!” Amber defended.

“Yeah! One that had tried to not only kick you out of the school but to kill you too!” Krystal argued.

“I agree with Krystal on this one. Amber, you’re letting this slide way too easily.” Jonghyun backed up, “how can you just forgive someone who got Key to end up in a hospital?!”

“Hey! She’s in the hospital herself now! At least feel some sympathy for her.” Amber shouted.

“Amber, she tried to get kicked out of the school. SHE TRIED TO KICK YOU OUT! TWICE!” Krystal reminded.

“Come on! Don’t do this.” Amber begged.

“She hurt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter