Chapter 9: The Visitor

Scared To Death

Jiyong’s POV

I was looking at her. She was beautiful. She was walking down the aisle. She had her arm around her father’s and she was looking at me. She wore a beautiful white gown that hugged her body in all the right places. Her face was perfect. She was wearing a veil but I could still see her clearly. I started at her head. Perfect. Down her neck. Perfect. Her healthy chest. Perfect. Her y, flat stomach… wait. It wasn’t flat. Not even close. It was swollen. It had a lump. What the..? was she okay. I looked at her face again and still saw her smiling. I was confused. Then I realized she wasn’t sick.

 

She was pregnant… pregnant… pregnant… that word echoed through my mind. I furrowed my eyebrows. ‘Who’s the father? Who the … wait. Is it me? I looked at her and she was so near me now and she looked confused.

 

“Jiyong, are you okay?” she asked me as she tilted her head to the side. I couldn’t answer. I wanted to ask her questions but no words came. What the ?! I tried to talk but still I couldn’t make any sound.

 

“Are you okay?” I heard it again but this time a bit fainter than before. I still couldn’t talk. What the hell is happening?!

 

 

“YAH. Jiyong! Wake up!!” that, I heard clearly. I opened my eyes and saw a worried Chaerin directly in front of my face. I must’ve startled her since she immediately backed away when I opened my eyes.

 

“Are you okay? I thought you were having a nightmare so I woke you up.” she said nonchalantly.

 

I know she was worried. Her face showed it. I was happy. It was a great way to start my day. To think she cared about me be brought a smile to my face but that smile was immediately wiped when I thought back to my dream or was it a nightmare. She was pregnant. What the . I didn’t know what I was feeling. I’m mad at the person who did that to her. He’s gonna destroy her career. Her life, if she gets pregnant right now. The more I thought about it, I realized. ‘What if that was me who got her pregnant?’ that thought alone erased all my bad feelings and returned the smile I had to myself. I was having a weird morning. What the hell was I thinking about anyway?

 

“You’re weird.” I heard her say. She was still standing at the side of the bed, looking at me.

 

“Good morning.” I said to her and smiled.

 

She turned around and walked to the door and flatly said “Breakfast’s ready.”

 

 

I stretched for a bit before following her to the kitchen. I saw she made pancakes. I missed this. So much. My smile just grew bigger every second. I sat down in front of her and thanked her for the meal.

 

“It’s just pancakes.” She said. ‘No, these are your pancakes’ I thought.

 

“Looks so good. Let’s eat~~!” he said happily and she couldn’t help but smile a bit at his reaction.

 

They were eating comfortably then the doorbell rang. Chaerin raised her head and tilted her head. ‘Who was there?’ she thought.

 

“Were you expecting someone?” Jiyong said feeling annoyed that his alone time with Chaerin is being disturbed.

 

She furrowed her eyebrows and just as if a light bulb was her expression also changed. “Oh right!” she said as she hurried towards the door, knowing who the person was.

 

Jiyong raised his eyebrow. ‘Who the would make her hurry like that? It’s as if she didn’t want that person to wait’ he thought.

 

Chaerin opened the door with a smile on her face and as the door fully opened, he also saw a man in front of her, mirroring the smile she’s giving.

 

“Good morning!” she said happily.

 

“Good morning Chae~~” the man said as he went in and patted Chaerin’s head and gave her a small hug.

 

The man was about to head to her living room casually as if he did that all the time but stopped at his track when he saw that another person was there.

 

“Whoa. Ji man. What are you doing here?” he asked, confused, while looking back and forth from Chaerin who was still near the door and Jiyong who was at the living room.

 

“I should be asking you that question. What are YOU doing here, Jay?” Jiyong asked as he crossed his arms on his chest. He was confused too, but more angry than confused. ‘what the was he doing here?!’

 

Chaerin felt the unnecessary tension rising and she didn’t like it.

 

“Okay boys. Before you make up unnecessary ideas in your heads. Jay oppa, Jiyong spent the night here because he was too tired last night to drive back since he dropped me off and Jiyong, Jay oppa is here because I promised to have breakfast with him today.” she said slowly so that the two would hear clearly.

 

But even after she said that, the tension was still there and it was becoming more and more awkward as every second passed.

 

“Okayy~~. So, let’s eat guys!” she said as she headed back to the dining room.

 

She put a plate and spoon on the table for Jay. Now, their position was that Chaerin was at the head of the table with Jiyong on her right and Jay on her left. The boys were in front of each other. She kept glancing at them back and forth. They didn’t say anything.

 

 

 

The silence was deafening her. They didn’t even start eating. They were just sitting there. Occasionally glancing at each other and then at her.

‘Gosh, this is so awkward’ she thought.

 

She cleared and they both looked at her.

 

“If you two aren’t eating then I’ll just put this away and clean up.” she said as she was about to take the plate of semi warm hotcakes.

 

“NO!” they both said at the same time. She stopped.

 

“I’m gonna eat.” Jiyong said.

 

“Me too.” Jay followed.

 

“Okay then. Eat. Talk. Do anything. Gosh. You two are friends right? Why is it so awkward? Ugh. I’ll just go change.” She said as she set back down the plate and went to her room without waiting for them to answer.

 

As soon as she left, the tension went up again and now the boys were just looking straight at each other.

 

“What are you really doing here Jay?” Jiyong asked with an annoyed tone.

 

“Just like what Chae said. We were supposed to have breakfast today. But you’re here so maybe some other time.” Jay responded as he took a hotcake and placed it on his plate.

 

Jiyong scoffed at him and glared.

 

“There won’t be a next time.” Jiyong said looking right at him.

 

Jay was putting syrup on his food when he heard what Jiyong said and he stopped.

 

“Who the hell are you to say that?” Jay said, now feeling equally pissed.

 

“Do you even have to ask Jay? Do I have to remind you again like years before huh?” Jiyong said with a smug face.

 

Now its Jay’s turn to scoff.

 

“Exactly Jiyong. What you’re talking about happened years ago. YEARS. Things change bro. People change.” Jay said seriously.

 

Jiyong’s smug face turned into a frown when what Jay said started to sink in him. ‘He’s right. It happened years ago and who am I to her right now anyway?’ he was beginning to question himself and lose confidence in himself as the second ticked by.

 

He remembered what happened years ago.

 

 

Flashback 2008

Chaerin and Jay are good friends since Chaerin was a previous trainee of JYP and they became close there. They were similar in some ways and they liked the same things so they clicked. Jay also has a crush on Chaerin but she was oblivious to that.

 

Jiyong and Jay then became friends too because of music and also because of Chaerin. The three of them got together well actually.

 

 

“Hey Chae~! You ready?” Jay asked her on the phone. He was waiting for her downstairs because he asked her out that day. He was feeling really happy right now because he would get to spend time with her, alone. In the past, they only got to spend time together when they were with their group of friends and also when they were with Jiyong. But last night, he gathered his courage and asked her out. He wasn’t sure if it counted as a date or anything since they didn’t name it like that but ‘whatever, as long as I’m spending time with her’ he thought.

 

“Yes oppa. Just a sec~~” she replied cutely.

 

“Okay. Take your time. I’m at the lobby.

 

“See you in a bit oppa!” then she ended the call.

 

Jay was feeling excited and nervous at the same time. This was the first time they’ll go out together and he didn’t want to mess it up. He actually already planned everything but of course he would make changes if she wanted to do anything else.

 

He was pacing at the lobby while waiting for her when he saw a familiar figure approaching.

 

“Jiyong?” Jay asked as he squinted his eyes to get a better look.

 

“Oh hey, Jay. What are you doing here?” Jiyong said as he fist bumped him. Jay was confused.

 

 

“Oppa?” they heard someone ask and they turned around to find a dolled up Chaerin. She was wearing a white a cropped top and a black skin tight skinny jeans paired with a sneaker wedge. She was carrying a leather jacket in her hand. She looked confused too.

 

“Jiyong oppa, what are you doing here?” she asked.

 

“Oh, I came to get you. I need you to see something.” Jiyong said casually.

 

“Oh but, I’m going out today. I made plans with Jay oppa.” She said

 

Jiyong looked at Jay then back at her.

 

“You two going out?” Jiyong asked before he could stop himself.

 

“Yeah man.” Jay said getting impatient because his ‘date’ with Chaerin is at risk of not happening.

 

Jiyong looked shocked. He looked at the two of them alternately and Chaerin saw the surprise in his face so she cleared things up.

 

“What Jay oppa meant was that we’re going out today, not going out like dating.” She said slowly.

 

When Jiyong heard that, he let out a sigh of relief but when Jay heard that it felt like an arrow was shot right through his heart.

 

“But I really need you today Chae. Pleaseeee~~~. Really important.” Jiyong said while looking at her.

 

She was caught in between. She didn’t want to break her word to Jay that they would go out today but she also couldn’t just leave Jiyong like that.

 

Jay saw that she was really thinking hard on what to do. He really wanted her to pick him that time but he knew, oh he just knew that there was only about 30% chance that she’ll pick him over Jiyong so he decided to give her the easy way out and also to save his pride by sacrificing.

 

“It’s okay Chae. It seems like Jiyong really needs you right now and it also looks important.” Jay said bitterly. He was so pissed at Jiyong right now.

 

Chaerin felt guilty. Even though she also knew she would have probably chosen Jiyong but still. She felt really bad. Jiyong on the other hand was feeling victorious. He was the only one happy among the three of them right now.

 

“I’m really sorry Oppa. Really really sorry. I’ll make it up to you sometime. I promise.” That’s all Chaerin can say right now.

 

“Yeah. We’ll I’ll get going now. See you Chae” Jay said weakly as he was about to turn and leave.

 

Chaerin walked to his front and hugged him. She was really feeling bad.

 

“I’m really sorry oppa. Let’s meet up next time huh?” she said

 

He smiled and patted her head. “Yeah. Take care Chae. See you Ji.” Jay said as he went out the lobby.

 

Jiyong was happy that he would spend time with Chaerin but he was pissed that Chaerin hugged Jay like that and in front of him.

 

He was frowning when Chaerin turned to him.

 

“What did you want to let me see oppa?” Chaerin asked weakly

 

“Oh yeah… that… uhh… actually I just… uhhh” Jiyong stuttered. There was nothing really. He actually just went to her dorm so they could hang out there but when he saw that she was gonna go out with Jay, he lied and said there was something important. Now he couldn’t think of anything. ‘, she’ll be pissed.’ He thought.

 

“What oppa?” Chaerin was feeling impatient now because she was still feeling bad about Jay.

“It’s just I wanted you to accompany me today.” he said. he couldn’t think of anything.

“What? That’s it? I thought you said it was important?!” Chaerin raised her voice. She couldn’t believe what he was saying. She broke her promise to someone because of this?!
 

“Chae, so are you saying I’m not important?” Jiyong said, hurt.

 

“Ugh! Oppa, you know it’s not that. You are. Ugh. It’s just that… ugh. Nevermind. Fine, I’ll accompany you. Where to?” She said feeling defeated. She didn’t want to fight right now. She was already feeling bad as it is so might as well just go with Jiyong.

 

Jiyong smiled. ‘Yes!!!’

 

“Okay, milady, I know just the place to go.” He said confidently. He was happy now especially since she said he is important.

 

They went to the amusement park that day and they were both happy. They acted like they were normal people. Especially Jiyong. They just enjoyed each other’s company.

 

But that day, one heart was broken. Jay stayed in his dorm that day. ‘Guess I couldn’t win against GD huh?’ he thought to himself.

 

 

 

“Are you two done?” he heard Chaerin speak.

 

“Yeah.” Jay said.

 

“Okay, I’ll just clean up so we could all head out. You two could just wait in the living room” she said. She was wearing casual clothes now but she still looked stunning.

 

They both went to her living room and there was still silence.

 

“So, are you two going out?” Jiyong asked.

 


Hey! So I decided to add another man in the story. Haha and Jay was the first one I thought of :) There are also some hints in this chapter to what would happen next.

And about the title of this story, I guess i forgot to tell that the title is a title of a song I heard when I got the inspiration to write this story haha. Sorry if it caused confusion or misunderstading but in the future chapters I think that the title would be incorprated and related more to the story :)

Thank you again for reading, commenting and subscribing :) I do read your comments. Thank you for the support!