Chapter 37: The Beginning

Scared To Death

To: Hunchae 6:43 AM

Babe, are you mad at me? Please don’t be. I miss you. I really do. Please wait for me. I love you babe.

Sent.

 

“Make sure you don’t tell anyone that I’m here already okay? I don’t want anything to go wrong.”

 

“For the hundredth time Ji, yes. We’ll be very careful. We won’t mess this up.” Youngbae said. He was the only one patient enough to even answer Jiyong at this point. He has been blabbering ever since their plane landed. The other members got tired of reassuring him it’s all gonna go smoothly and everything so they just didn’t even bother to talk anymore.

 

“Okay okay. God I’m so nervous.” Jiyong said while starting to bite his nails again.

 

“You think?” TOP said sarcastically as he pulled on Jiyong’s hand. “And stop that nail biting habit of yours. You’re a grown man already and do you think Chaerin would want to marry a man with no nails?” TOP added which made the others laugh.

 

“Tsk. She would marry me even if I go bald.” Jiyong said confidently.

 

“Wow! Confident much, hyung?” Daesung teased.

 

“If I know, you’re close to ting your balls right now.” Youngbae said. He saw right through Jiyong. He was probably so nervous.

 

“Honestly, I really am. man! I’m so ing nervous.” Jiyong said, his confidence already turning to dust.

 

“Yah! What happened to our charismatic, strong and confident leader huh? You should be strong and prepare yourself because if only this makes you nervous then how can you handle Lee Chaerin?” Seungri suddenly said leaving all his hyungs to look at him dead on.

 

“Wow. Where did that come from?” Youngbae was the first to break the silence.

 

“A-all I’m s-saying is, hyung, don’t lose the confidence because I know that’s probably one of the things that made Chaerin fall in love with you and I’m sure that this will go well just believe in your relationship.” Seungri said, suddenly feeling a bit nervous about yelling at his hyung a while ago.

 

Jiyong held Seungri’s shoulder and looked at him in the eyes.

 

“I never thought I would hear some serious from you but thanks maknae. You made me feel better and less nervous for sure.”

 

“I can do this.” Jiyong said to himself.

 

To: Hunchae 8:52 AM

I looked at the sky today and it made me miss you more. I’ll come back home to you soon. I hope you think of me too ‘cause you’re always on my mind.

Sent.

 

……

 

To: GDBABY 10:27 AM

I understand oppa. I miss you too.

Sent.

 

“Chaerin-ah, wanna go to the studio today? I think the boys would be back soon and I’m sure they’d head there.” Bom said while munching on a corn.

 

“It’s okay unnie. I’ll pass and besides, YG ‘ordered’ me to not go there today.” Chaerin said, emphasizing on the word and chuckling.

 

“Tsk. If I know, you’re not going because Jiyong oppa is not going to be back yet.” Minzy said teasingly causing Chaerin to blush.

 

“Aigoo, our baby Chaerin really…” Dara said while shaking her head.

 

“Yah… it’s not that…” Chaerin tried to say but when she looked up, the three girls were raising their eyebrows at her. “Okay fine… but it’s not only that, really. I have to go somewhere important today.”

 

No one said anything after she said that. One because that was the plan really, two because it still hurt to even just think about it. Every one of them was affected by it already and not just Chaerin and Dara anymore.

 

“You know what… do you girls wanna come with me?” Chaerin suddenly said which shocked the others.

 

“W-what? Chaerin-ah.” Dara said while looking at her.

 

Chaerin just smiled softly at her. “Yeah. I mean, if you girls want to. You could go with me.”

 

“But where are you going, Chaerin-ah?” Bom said, feigning innocence. Chaerin still doesn’t know that they already knew. They’re waiting for the time when she would tell them herself. They didn’t want to pressure her in telling though.

 

“Somewhere special unnie.”

 

To: GDBABY 1:18 PM

Oppa, I’m going to visit her again today. But I won’t be alone. I wanted to be with you today to see her but I guess that would have to be next time. I’m going to see her with the girls. I’m nervous. I really wish you were here.

Sent.

 

……

 

Chaerin was shifting endlessly on her seat. She was going to tell them already. She kept her secret well for four years and now, she was going to tell them. She was nervous, scared and worried. She was worried and scared of what they would think and how they would react. Would they get mad because she kept it for so long? Would they look at me and treat me differently? There were countless questions in her mind right now.

 

Dara noticed Chaerin’s uncertainty and worry. She was shocked too when Chaerin invited them to come with her. She didn’t expect her to tell the others yet but it was a good thing really so she won’t have such a big burden anymore. She reached out and held Chaerin’s hand to offer some kind of comfort to her. Chaerin held her hand tightly and smiled at her to which she responded with a smile of her own.

 

They were so near that place that Chaerin already started her countdown in her head. The whole ride was quiet. No one said anything but they could all sense Chaerin’s uneasiness.

 

It was nearing evening when they got there so there were only a few lights to brighten their way.

 

“Wow, the flowers are beautiful.” Minzy said as soon as they went out of the van, momentarily forgetting why they went there.

 

“Yeah. I know right. They’re even more beautiful during the day.” Chaerin said, smiling at her.

 

“Then we should come earlier next time.” Bom said as she held Chaerin’s hand.

 

The girls walked together slowly, cherishing each silent second that passed.

 

“We’re here.” Chaerin said silently but still clearly audible because of the complete silence that they were all in.

 

They stopped and looked down. 'My baby, who never got to see the world, I love you’.

 

“Oh Chaerinnie… I’m so so sorry.” Bom said as she enveloped her in her arms and at that moment, tears started climbing out of Chaerin’s eyes. She hugged her unnie as tight as she could and sobbed. She was overwhelmed with emotions just as she always was whenever she went there.

 

“Unnie… I’m so sorry.” Minzy said while caressing Chaerin’s back but decided to join in the hug too and after just a second Dara joined. At this point, all were crying their hearts out.

 

 

“I almost became a mother.” Chaerin said with a bitter smile on her face. They were calmed down now. They were all sitting side by side, just looking at those words on the ground. “I almost became what I always wanted to be.” She said as a tear escaped her eye.

 

“I’m so sorry you had to go through that Chaerin-ah.” Bom said as she held her hand. “And you can still be what you always wanted to become.” She smiled at her sweetly. “Just think of how fun it would be trying.”

 

“Unnie!!!” “Bommie!” Both Dara and Minzy said at the same time. Both worried that a joke would be inappropriate at the moment but were stopped when they heard that throaty laugh. They both looked at Chaerin who was laughing together with Bom.

 

“Aigoo unnie~, you really know how to change the mood.” Chaerin said while wiping the tears that fell from her eyes.

 

“Cheer up Chaerin. You still have your whole life ahead of you. You’re still young. You can do anything you want.” Bom said, running her thumb across Chaerin’s cheek.

 

“Thank you unnie. Thank you girls. I’m really grateful ot have all of you.” She said, beginning to cry again.

 

“Aigoo~ since when did you become such a cry baby?” her unnie teased.

 

And before Chaerin could even respond. All the lights turned off leaving them all in complete darkness.


I'm sorry for the long wait... if someone is still waiting :)) I'm not satisfied with this but oh well... Thank you again for reading! God bless you all.