Chapter 31: Dinner II

Scared To Death

Jiyong woke up to the sound of laughter and clattering of things outside his room. He slowly opened his eyes and reached an arm out, a bit surprised that he didn’t touch something or should he say someone since he was clearly sure that he had slept with Chaerin in his arms.

 

He sat up and now he clearly heard Chaerin’s laugh laced with another person’s laugh. Youngbae. He immediately recognized his voice. He stood up, fixed himself a bit and walked out of his room, following where the laughter was.

 

He saw them in the kitchen, cooking. Chaerin held up a spoon, blew on it and fed it to Youngbae, who gladly took it and gave her thumbs up after exaggeratingly making facial expressions, showing how good it is. Chaerin laughed at his silliness.

 

Youngbae looked at him and smiled. “Hey Ji!” he said happily. Chaerin turned to Jiyong’s direction and went to him, placing a small peck on his cheek. That instantly cleared up Jiyong’s mind and smiled at her.

 

“Okay guys, don’t make me jealous.” Youngbae said. Jiyong turned to him with a concerned face but Chaerin just laughed it off. She knew he was playing. They actually talked about what happened that day while Jiyong was asleep. She told him everything and he was genuinely happy for them.

 

“Sorry bro…” Jiyong said, while looking down but still holding Chaerin.

 

“Haha. I’m just playing. You should have seen the look on your face.” Youngbae said as he walked pass them and placed three plates on the table. “Okay, don’t just stand there and help me set up the table.”

 

Jiyong nodded and helped him. They let Chaerin just sit since she cooked, so they’d prepare it all.

 

They ate silently. No awkwardness though, just comfortable silence. When they were done, Youngbae spoke “So, I’m happy for you guys. You’ve finally made up. Thank God.” He said chuckling before continuing “No more gloomy Chaerin and moody Jiyong! Yaay~” he cheered.

 

The other two just laughed along, genuinely happy too. Youngbae saw the way Jiyong looked at Chaerin and saw pure love in his eyes. He smiled at the moment in front of him.

 

He was hurting, of course. But he was forcing himself to start to move on. He was getting used to the idea that they’re together now. For real. He took out his phone and took a picture of them. Jiyong saw and smiled at him.

 

“I’ll send it to you later.” Youngbae said as he stood up. “Okay, I’m going to bed now ‘cause I’m too tired. You two should fix up since you broke my heart and all.” Youngbae jokingly said as he placed his hand on his chest, where his heart is and shook his head, feigning a look of hurt.

 

He saw their faces and broke out in laughter “Gosh! I’m joking, I’m joking!” he said “But I wasn’t kidding about the two of you cleaning up. Good night!” Youngbae said as he waved his hand and went to his room and closed the door.

 

 

They both remembered this and smiled to themselves. It wasn’t awkward with Youngbae. He was pleasantly handling the situation they were in. They didn’t really talk much about it but Youngbae already reassured Jiyong that they had his support, to which Jiyong was really grateful for.

 

“So where is she, anyway?” Youngbae asked, a bit surprised that Chaerin wasn’t in Jiyong’s studio. Ever since their dinner in their dorm, the couple has been inseparable, always seen with each other. So it was easy to look for both of them, since you just had to look for one and you’ll also find the other. YG family also started seeing them together. No questions were asked because they were all just really happy for them. It was what was best. Not only for the both of them, but in terms of work too. They knew that both worked well alone but in their best when together. That’s why they were named the best line-up that should make a collab. They really bring the best out of each other.

 

“She said she has something to do with Dara noona” Jiyong said.

 

“Ahh. That’s why I haven’t seen her.” Youngbae just intended to say that to himself but immediately noticed that he said it out loud. This had Jiyong turn back his chair again and look at him.

 

Jiyong got a little annoyed thinking that Youngbae was still hung up on Chaerin but thought that it was just a week and moving on took time.

 

“Bae… I know it’s only been a week and I’m thankful to you every day that you gave us your support but I ask you to not think about Chaerin like that anymore and—“ Jiyong was going to say more but Youngbae interrupted him.

 

“I wasn’t talking about Chaerin.” Youngbae said.

 

“Then who—“ Jiyong was going to ask who he was talking about but the door suddenly opened, revealing the woman he had been missing all day.

 

Chaerin walked directly up to him and kissed him on the lips. They heard gagging sounds behind them. They turned around and saw Dara and Youngbae making disgusted expressions, which made them laugh.

 

“I missed you” Jiyong said to her.

 

“Aww. I missed you too, oppa.” She said as she pinched his cheeks.

 

“Enough cheesiness already. I can’t take it anymore.” Dara said as she placed some stuff on the table in the studio.

 

“What’s all this noona?” Youngbae asked.

 

“Oh, me and Chaerin spent the whole morning cooking and baking. She wanted to try her new recipe.” Dara said as she finished unpacking the containers and they were faced with mouth-watering food that smelled so delicious.

 

“You cooked all this?” Jiyong asked Chaerin. They were sitting in front of Youngbae and Dara. “Unnie and I did.” she said.

 

“Noona, you cooked too? Are you sure about this, Chaerin-ah?” Youngbae asked earning him a playful slap from Dara.

 

“Yah! This kid…” Dara said.

 

“I’m a man now, noona. I’m not a kid anymore!” Youngbae replied.

 

“Arasso, arasso. Just eat up will you, you kids, eat.” Dara said. As she, herself, got some food.

 

They teased each other while eating but not before complimenting the two girls for making such a sumptuous meal.

 

They were done eating and cleaned up. The four of them were now just chilling and bonding.

 

While Jiyong asked Chaerin to record something for him, Dara and Youngbae just played around. They were teasing each other, throwing witty remarks about who has had better hairstyles, while all along, Jiyong was listening. Then it got him to remember the question he was supposed to ask before the two ladies went in his studio. ‘I guess I don’t need to ask him anymore’ Jiyong thought to himself and smiled.

 

Chaerin was done recording and went out the booth. She looked at Jiyong. Jiyong had his index finger on his mouth, signalling her to be quiet. She went closer to him and asked why, in a whisper.

 

He told her to listen to the two people still bickering back and forth, behind them. Chaerin smiled and whispered to Jiyong, “They’ve been like that for the past few days, oppa. They’re really sweet, right?”

 

“They are” Jiyong said “but we’re sweeter.” He said as he pulled her down to sit on his lap and kissed her, while hugging her close.

 

“Waaah! Ewww. Wifey, what are you doing?!” Dara’s voice can be heard in the back.

 

“Get a room, guys!” Youngbae butted in. “Come on, noona. We shouldn’t be seeing this!” He continued as he dragged her out of the room, but before he could completely walk out, he heard Jiyong yell at him to lock the door, which he gladly did. He didn’t anyone walking in on them like that.

 

Both Youngbae and Dara chuckled as they ‘escaped’ their touchy friends. They looked at each other and Youngbae suddenly felt like they were in slow motion. He saw her beautiful face, smiling at him with those perfect eyes.

 

He noticed the beautiful curve made as she smiled, which put her beauty to a whole new level. He felt like he was seeing his noona, no, Dara in a new light.

 

He was feeling happy. Really happy actually. You wouldn’t even think or believe he just came from a heartbreak. He couldn’t believe it either. He was expecting himself to drown in his tears and sorrows and probably lock himself for a day or two in his room. But no, none of that happened. Yes, he shed some tears that night but the next day when he went to work and was greeted again by this joyful and energetic woman, he somewhat forgot the pain.

 

He felt happy around her. He practically saw her every day for the past week and he was grateful for that since she was able to lighten up his day.

 

He came back to his senses when he felt her shaking him.

 

“Yah! Earth to Youngbae!” she said loudly.

 

He snapped out of it and looked at her and smiled again.

 

“Yah yah. What’re you looking at huh?” she asked since he was staring at her.

 

“Nothing. Come on noona, let’s eat ice cream. My treat.” He said as he already walked forward.

 

“Yesss! You’re the best, Youngbae-ah!” she said cheerfully as she passed him and walked ahead.

 

He couldn’t help but chuckle at her cute actions. He decided to go with the flow and with what he felt. He would just follow what made him happy and that just happened to be her.

 


Wrote this while listening to Taeyang’s Rise. Such a good album! Still can’t get enough of it. Anyway, I just couldn't leave Youngbae to be that brokenhearted :) Thank you for reading! I hope you liked it.