Chapter 26: SkyDragon

Scared To Death

Chaerin and Jiyong headed to the company for quite a number of reasons really. One, because Jiyong didn’t go there and show his face for three days now, two because Chaerin has practice today and she already missed more than half of it, three because Chaerin just checked her phone and saw about 40 missed calls, most from her beloved unnie, Dara, some from her Youngbae oppa and a couple from YG.

 

Actually, Jiyong also had lots of missed calls but he didn’t care that much about that right now because he was spending time with Chaerin and the other things just had to wait. And fourth, well because they just miss their members even if they practically see each other a lot.

 

They arrived at the company and were now standing side by side waiting for the elevator to come. Chaerin was on Jiyong’s left side, totally busy with her phone. She had lots of messages to read because she didn’t check her phone yesterday and the messages just piled up. Jiyong was glancing at her from time to time yearning deeply for her attention but her eyes were glued to her phone.

 

Just as the elevator dinged, someone spoke from behind them.

 

“Wow, way to rub it in our faces guys.” Someone said with a chuckle.

 

The leaders turned around to see Teddy smirking at them.

 

“What, oppa?” Chaerin said, totally unaware about what the older man was referring to.

 

“Hyung, wassup?” Jiyong said casually, with a smile plastered on his face.

 

“I’ve been good, how about you? Haven’t seen you for a while and by the way, nice jackets guys” Teddy said with a teasing smile, as the three of them entered the lift.

 

“Hyung, it’s just been three days and thanks” Jiyong said with a smile.

 

“Three days is already a long time Ji, especially when it comes to you.” Teddy chuckled.

 

“Yeah. I’ve just… I just needed some alone time to think.” Jiyong said.

 

“Think about what?” Teddy said, curious.

 

“Things. Important things. Important people.” Jiyong said as he looked meaningfully at Chaerin, who was still looking at her phone.

 

The look given by Jiyong to Chaerin wasn’t missed by Teddy and a small smile crept up his face. ‘It’s about time this two made up’ he thought.

 

During the whole ride, Chaerin didn’t say anything but she listened. She heard what he said but she pretended to be indifferent because she didn’t know how to react. They were just starting again and it takes time to adjust to their new relationship.

 

No. They weren’t boyfriend and girlfriend yet but they were definitely more than just friends.

 

 

A soon as they entered Teddy’s studio, seven very familiar faces greeted them.

 

“Chaerin-ah!!! Where have you been?!” Bom said loudly as she stood up from her seat and ran  to hug Chaerin with all her might. She really is an 8D queen.

 

“Yah! Lee Chaerin! Why didn’t you answer my calls?!” Dara said as she too went up to Chaerin who was still tightly locked in Bom’s hug.

 

“Chaerin unnie, we missed youuuu~~” the cute maknae said as she joined in the group hug.

 

“Yah. We just saw each other yesterday. Why are you acting like I’ve been gone for a year?” Chaerin said, totally amused by her girl’s reaction but it made her really happy that they cared that much about her.

 

As the girls were ‘reuniting’, the boys were having their own ‘reunion’, which consisted simply of a ‘hi’, a nod and a fist bump.

 

“So, how are you Ji?” TOP asked.

 

“I’m good, in fact, I’m great.” He said while smiling.

 

“Woah. The last time I saw you, you looked like crap. What changed?” Youngbae asked even if they all knew why he was in a good mood.

 

They actually were all shocked that Jiyong and Chaerin came together a while ago, because ever since they remember, they stopped being close or just being friends in general. So seeing them together again was something new and it’s also been awhile since they felt their strong aura together. They didn’t say anything though, so as not to make the situation awkward for them.

 

“Do you even need to ask, hyung? Of course it’s that nan nappeun gizibe na-nan nappeun gizi—“ Seungri sang while imitating the nail drying dance, but before he could finish, a hand already smacked his head.

 

“YAH! Don’t ruin my song!” Chaerin said.

 

The rest of the people in the studio chuckled seeing the interaction between the two. It’s been a while since they ‘fought’ and it was always amusing to watch them bicker.

 

The two were still going at each other when Teddy cleared his throat.

 

“Okay, as much as I don’t like to break the fun but we need to finish recording backtracks for the concert because YG will be here later and he would want to check what we finished.”

 

“Neh~~” they replied.

 

They all went back to business. Some, writing lyrics for the remixes that they were gonna do during the concert and some just playing and fooling around.

 

When it was Jiyong’s turn, he stood up and walked to the booth but before he entered,

 

“Hyung, nice jacket!” Daesung commented, which earned him a smile and thumbs up from their leader.

 

Jiyong was giving a lot of smiles today and it was all thanks to 2NE1’s leader. Jiyong’s turn took a while because, well, he was a perfectionist.

 

Then, it was Chaerin’s turn to record. She walked to the door of the booth and waited for Jiyong to exit when…

 

“Whoa, Chaerin-ah, I didn’t know you were into that stuff” Bom said, while everybody eyed her, more specifically her jacket.

 

“Huh? What stuff unnie?” she asked, turning her head to look at Bom, totally unaware of what her unnie is talking about.

 

“Nice jacket” Youngbae said.

 

‘What is up with all the comments about the jackets? Yes, they were nice and cool, yes, her and Jiyong’s jackets were matching but why all the comments? It’s not like they all haven’t worn something similar with each other before.’ Chaerin thought with creased eyebrows.

 

And then she saw it and she immediately blushed.

 

A mirror was behind her and when she turned her head to look at the others, she saw it. She saw the reason why everyone was commenting about their jacket. There was something written on the back of it.

 

There was the word ‘Sky’ beautifully written with the same font as the ‘Dragon’ written on Jiyong’s jacket but with red color while the one on Jiyong’s was written in white color.

 

And at the same instant that she turned her face again, the door of the booth opened and now, her and Jiyong were face-to-face. She couldn’t hide the deep blush on her face which caused Jiyong to smile widely at her. He patted her head and made way for her to enter the booth before he exited.

 

While in the booth, she still could feel her heart beat fast. She didn’t know why a small thing as a jacket made her feel that way. Maybe because just hearing the word ‘SkyDragon’  now put a smile on her face so wearing something that proved ‘SkyDragon’ made her feel a different kind of happiness.

 

Her recording also took longer than the usual, mostly because she couldn’t focus. She kept on thinking about their jackets and how they have been wearing it since the morning and to every place they went to.

 

She went out of the booth and as soon as she opened the door, whistles and a lot of teases went her way.

 

She felt awkward because it has been a long time that they like that again and she looked at Jiyong who was just smirking the whole time. She scrunched her nose and stuck her tongue out to him.

 

Before he could react, the door opened, revealing YG.

 

They all stood up and bowed to him as he returned the greeting.

 

“Oh Jiyong, it’s nice to see you again” he said jokingly which and Jiyong just smiled innocently and scratched the back of his neck.

 

“You too, Chaerin-ah. I’ve been telling Dara to tell you to come see me but you never came.” YG said.

 

Dara’s eyes widened and she’s starting to panic because her lies about Chaerin’s whereabouts may be exposed. Chaerin saw her and couldn’t help but chuckle at her cute expression.

 

“Sorry sajangnim, I had some things to do.” She said while smiling sweetly to him.

 

“Hmmm…” YG said while looking alternately at Jiyong and Chaerin. “Nice jackets” he said

 

And as those words left his mouth, snickers and giggles were heard.

 

“The back is even better.” Teddy pitched in.

 

“Yeah, I saw it in the CCTV. They’re nice but don’t wear them outside the building.” YG said while chuckling. “Anyway, I’ve come to check on your progress since the WINNER kids and Team B kids will also record.”

 

“Oh yeah, we’re almost done.” Teddy said

 

And they continued to talk about work.

 

Without realizing, all of them fell in their own world of work. Each doing what they do best, still being in the comfort of each other’s presence.

 

 

Chaerin had her earphones on and was leaning close to the table as she was scribbling some lyrics on a pad when she felt a nudge on her side.

 

She looked and saw the calm face of Youngbae. She removed her earphones and looked his way again and when their eyes met, they immediately smiled at each other.

 

“Can we talk?” Youngbae half whispered, not wanting to disturb the others.

 

“About what, oppa?” Chaerin asked in the same tone tone, looking around and seeing that everyone was doing their own thing.

 

“Just… can we talk, privately?” he asked with hopeful eyes.


Thank you for still reading this story. Thank you for commenting and subscribing. You inspire me to write more.Hope to see you again in the next chapter!