Chapter 4: In The Club

Scared To Death

“Where are you going?” Youngbae asked Jiyong when he saw him walking towards the door dressed to the nines.

 

“Kiko’s in town. We’re meeting up.” Jiyong replied casually. That made Youngbae frown and feel a bit angry.

 

“What? Why are you meeting up? Its already past midnight Ji.” he asked in a bit of a raised voice.

 

“Because she said she missed me and I haven’t been out in a while.” Jiyong replied nonchalantly. “You can come if you want. No, actually you should come. I need someone to drive me home. I wanna get drunk tonight. Go change, I’ll wait for you.” Jiyong said as he propped himself down on the sofa looking tired already.

 

“Why are still going anyway? You already look tired as ?”

 

“Because as tired as I look, I’m actually more stressed and I wanna relieve my stress so get your in your room and get changed. I’m not very patient and you know that.”

 

“God. Okay, okay.” Youngbae said as he hurried to his room and in just 15 minutes he stepped out looking as good as Jiyong.

 

 

They drove to a club in Hongdae and when they went in the crowd went wild. Of course this club was an exclusive one. Only the elite, idols or other high class people can go in. And there were no cameras allowed. The two bestfriends pushed past the crowd to look for Kiko and they saw their friends at the VIP area. There were like 20 people there and Youngbae was glad that it was a group gathering. He didn’t want to be alone with Jiyong and Kiko.

 

As soon as they stepped in the view of the table, a thin, beautiful lady went to them and hugged Jiyong tight almost jumping at him. Jiyong stayed rooted at his spot but he wrapped an arm around her thin waist before pulling back. This made Youngbae make a disgusted face before proceeding to sit on their table.

 

Many of their friends were there as well as some Japanese models that Kiko brought along. Xin, Yulia, Soohyuk and Lydia were there. A lot were there and Jiyong felt happy because it has been a long time since they hang out.

 

They have just been there for about an hour and a half and the atmosphere is getting hotter and hotter. Jiyong already drank about three bottles of beer, some shots and Youngbae had none since he was the designated driver.

 

Jiyong and Kiko were now dancing but more like grinding on the dance floor with Jiyong raising his hand up with his drink. Kiko was going down on him and it was not a pleasant sight, well, not for Youngbae anyway. The group that was still in the table chatted away with each other catching up or talking about the new trends when suddenly Xin went beside Youngbae and whispered “Chae is coming.”

 

“What?” Youngbae said, not hearing what his friend said because of the loud booming music and also because of his slurred speech.

 

“I said Chaerin is coming.” He said, now almost shouting.

 

“WHAT?!” Youngbae responded about 2 notches higher than his friend and that earned him confused looks from their friends who were now looking at him. He smiled sheepishly and waved them off indicating it was nothing so they returned to their conversation.

 

“She’s coming? Here? At this club? Right now? Why? Its already 2 for Christ’s sake!” Youngbae whispered to Xin but still with the tone he used earlier.

 

“Yes, yes, yes and yes. And she’s coming because she said she can’t sleep.” Xin responded while taking a shot of vodka.

 

“But why is she coming here? This is a club! And why did you allow her to come?!”

 

“Because she needs to loosen up man! You see her. She’s like a broken doll all the time. She tries to look happy but she’s obviously not and I just wanted her to feel free.”

 

Youngbae thought about what Xin said and he had to agree that she was looking sad recently but still, this is a club and sad people in clubs don’t mix well. Plus, Jiyong was here and he was with Kiko. Even if Chaerin doesn’t say what’s bothering her, it was kinda obvious that it had something to do with Jiyong. It always had. That thought tugged Youngbae’s heart a bit since he was still acknowledging Chaerin’s feelings for Jiyong. He lied when he said to s that he had a little crush on Chae. It wasn’t little, not even close to that. It was a whole lot. But he kept his feelings at bay since he knew, he just knew that if he pursued it he would only get hurt. And not only him, both his bestfriends would too.

 

“But still man she shoul--” Youngbae stopped midsentence when he saw a beautiful figure walking towards them. His jaw dropped when he saw what she was wearing. She sported a super short red tube dress that hugged her body in all the right places. It also went well with her blonde hair, milky skin and red hot lipstick. The dress emphasized her honey thighs and luscious . She was smokin’ and Youngbae couldn’t look away.

 

“Close your mouth man, a fly might enter.” Xin said as he saw Youngbae gawking at Chaerin who was nearing their area.

 

Youngbae immediately closed his mouth and a faint blush crept on his cheeks and Xin couldn’t help but laugh at his friend’s reaction.

 

“What’s funny boys?” A husky voice asked and they both looked up. Chaerin was now standing in front of them giving them a better view of her and her perfect body.

 

The people on their table cheered because they were surprised to see her because she wasn’t one to party. She greeted them back and smiled at all of them before settling between Xin and Youngbae.

 

“Whats up guys?” She asked as she poured herself a drink. An act that caught both men in surprise because she doesn’t usually drink.

 

“Stop looking at me like that. I’m here to have fun so have fun with me okay?” She raised her glass while nudging the other two to do the same. The two raised their glass with her and she gulped her drink in one shot. That made Youngbae widen his eyes. He still didn’t drink because now, he had one more reason not to. A drunk Chaerin may lead to a crying, dramatic Chaerin and he wanted to be there to comfort her since he didn’t want anyone to see her in her drunk state. He tried to stop her from drinking her second shot but she didn’t budge and still took it in one gulp. He knew that there was no use in stopping Chaerin now since, she was determined to get drunk. So he just stayed by her side and watched her drink her night away.

 

“Chae are you okay?” Youngbae asked her since it really looked like she was having problems. And she was now on her sixth or was it seventh shot? Youngbae lost count.

 

“Of course Oppa! Why wouldn’t I be?! Come on everybody! Let’s drink!!! Whooo!” She said in a loud voice and all our friends cheered with her. Then they all drank their shots but before Chaerin could chug down hers, a hand suddenly pulled hers causing the drink to spill on Youngbae and Chaerin.

 

“Yah!! What the hell?!” Chaerin said loudly as we both turned our heads to the person who caused this and we were faced with a fuming dragon.

 

“What the hell Chae?! Why are you here? Why are you drinking so much? And are you drunk right now?! And Youngbae, why aren’t you stopping her? Can’t you see she’s drunk already?!” Jiyong said angrily.

 

“Yah Jiyong! Why are you shouting at us for?! Why the hell do you care if I drink! And don’t shout at Youngbae oppa, he didn’t do anything wrong. Actually, he’s only making me happy by letting me be!!” Chaerin said, now equally as angry as Jiyong. She stood up to face Jiyong, Youngbae expected her to say more but she just stood there looking at him. So, Youngbae stood too, ready to neutralize anything that might happen. When he stood up and faced Jiyong he saw why Chaerin didn’t say anything more.

 

There she was clinging on to Jiyong’s arm. The girl that might’ve been the reason to why his two best friends are being like this.

 

“Baby, just let Chaerin be. If she wants to have fun and let loose then let her be. Come on Ji lets just dance baby.” She said in a slurred voice. She might have drunk one too many drinks. She was pulling on Jiyong’s arm but Jiyong didn’t move even a bit. He just stayed there having a staring contest with Chaerin. Youngbae could feel the tension rising every second that passed so he decided to be the one to cut it.

 

“Come on Chae, I’ll send you home. Its already late and I think you still have practice tomorrow. Come on. JI, wait for me, I’ll come back for you.“ Youngbae said as he held Chaerin’s arm to steady her since she was already a bit tipsy. She leaned on him for support as Youngbae wrapped an arm around her waist so he could support her more. As they were already going to head out, Chaerin felt herself being pulled from Youngbae.

 

“No, I’ll send her. Chae, ride with me.” Jiyong said blankly but his eyes looked mad.

 

Chaerin scoffed and gathered all her energy to pull herself from him. She remembered that he said that same thing to her before. She was having a ing de ja vu right now and that just added to her headache.

 

“Why would I make the same mistake twice? I’m not that stupid GD.” Chaerin said as she made her way to Youngbae trying her best to walk straight and not trip. Thank God Youngbae met her halfway. Something tugged at Chaerin’s heart as she said those words to Jiyong. A mistake, she scoffed. She was talking about what happened two years ago when she decided to ride with Jiyong and that led to them sharing that fateful night that he said to be a mistake. The emotions are coming back to her now and she wanted to cry and bawl her eyes out. ‘Not now, please, atleast wait ‘til I get home.’ She didn’t want to show her tears to anyone, especially not to him. She didn’t hear him say anything more. It wasn’t a surprise. He gave up that easily.

 

Chaerin and Youngbae were already inside his car and were on their way to her dorm when Youngbae heard sniffles. He immediately turned to where Chaerin is and he saw her shoulders shaking and she had her hair down. She was trying hard to muffle her whimpers by placing her hand on but that wasn’t enough. Youngbae stopped the car beside the road and he let her cry. He wanted her to let out her emotions ‘cause he knows that she’s been bottling all up. She continued to cry for a good ten minutes then she started to calm down. She looked up and noticed that the car wasn’t moving anymore. She looked at Youngbae and saw him looking at her with sad eyes.

 

 

“Are you okay now, Chae?” he asked her softly.

 

She smiled a bit and looked forward again before leaning back on the chair. There were still tears swimming on her eyes.

 

“You’ve always been there for me Oppa and I really thank you for that.” She said as she closed her eyes.

 

“And to answer your question, no, I’m not okay. But I’m trying hard to be. Really trying.” She continued. Youngbae just sat there quietly waiting for her to talk again because he knows that right now she just needs a listener.

 

“You’ve always supported me oppa… you’ve always been there when I cried and needed a shoulder to lean on even if you didn’t know the reason. You asked me before why I was crying but I said never ask me that again and you never did. I thank you for that but now I think I should tell you what really happened so you would atleast know why you have been comforting me.” She said, now she opened her eyes and looked directly at Youngbae.

 

 

“It happened in 2009. Jiyong oppa and I. It happened… and… he said… he said... it was a b-big mis-stake.” She said with trembling lips.