Chapter 38: Destiny

Scared To Death

“Oh my God, what’s happening?” Chaerin said a bit panicked. She hated not seeing anything. “Girls, you all okay?” she asked, her leader instincts kicking in. But no one responded. “Unnie? Mingkki-ah?” Now she couldn’t even hear anything other than the wind blowing and the sound of some insects. “This isn’t funny guys. Where the hell are you?” She’s totally panicking now. She still hasn’t moved from her spot because she didn’t want to risk tripping over.

 

Then she saw something flickering about ten meters away. ‘Is that a candle light?’ she wasn’t sure. Her eyes were still adjusting to the tiny light when not far from that, she saw another light then like a domino effect, tiny lights continuously surrounding her until it went back to the first one. She squinted her eyes, trying to recognize what they were. They were definitely candle lights because they flickered as the wind blew. But how is it that they’re about three to four feet from the ground, as if they were being carried by people.

 

Then music played which caught her off guard. She looked around, with little help from the tiny, flickering lights surrounding her. She still hasn’t moved from where she was. She wasn’t sure what the hell was surrounding her. It’s creeping her out. It wasn’t even music she knew. It was more of like just a combination of beats.

 

“What the hell? Unnie, this isn’t a funny joke.” She said trying to sound angry but instead since she sounded scared.

 

Then the music stopped but was immediately changed to something else.

 

I keep falling in love, falling in love…

zzzzzzzzzzzt

Baby, love you….

Baby, need you…

zzzzzzzzzzzt

Love you girl, only you are my heaven…

zzzzzzzzzzt

I love you (I love you) woohoohoohoo…

Zzzzzzzzzzzt

You got me losing my mind

The way you got me fired up

Never give up girl even when they try us

You and me against the world

With you I’d ride or die tonight

You had my heart like a beat

The way you got me turned up

Never give up girl even when they try us

You and me against the world

With you I’d ride or die tonight

 

It was a mix of their songs lyrics, arranged one after another in a clean transition. Chaerin was left in awe of what she heard. It was because it was all sung by him. Even the lyrics from her group’s songs. It was all sung by him. The man she loves. The man standing right in front of her right now, wearing a suit and holding a piece of white rose, staring directly at her.

 

“Jiyong.” She said in a breath. As soon as the last word of the mix was said, a light shone a few feet in front of her revealing him. She felt like the world stopped for a moment. She felt like it’s just him and her existing at that moment.

 

Jiyong walked closer to her and the light followed his every move. Neither of them breaking their eye contact.

 

“Jiyong, what’re you doing here?” she said when he was an arm’s length away.

 

He just smiled at her not saying anything and put the white rose behind her ear then suddenly in a swift move he was on his knee.

 

“Oh my God Ji, what’re you doing?” Chaerin said stepping back a bit shocked at the sudden move.

 

“Babe, I know it hasn’t been long since we got together” he looked at her and paused for a bit. He was nervous as hell and he forgot all that he’s practiced to say when this time comes. He just gotta say what his heart says. “But I love you. I always have. I love you so much that I can’t live a day longer without being officially and permanently tied to you.”

 

“Ji…” she is still shocked about this. She was speechless too, that’s for sure. Her heart was beating like crazy right now. She can guess what would happen next.

 

“I wanted to do this in front of our baby. I want her to see us together.” Deep breath. “I remember one time you told me you dreamt about her. You said she wanted to see us together. I want to make her wish come true. I want her to be happy and I want us to be happy too.” He was literally shaking right now and his palms are all sweaty.

 

“So in front of our daughter” he took something from his suit jacket “Lee Chaerin, CL, Hunchae, will you make me the happiest man in the world and marry me?” he opened the small box and revealed a diamond ring, shining brightly and in the shape of a… rilakumma?

 

The whole time, Chaerin just stared at him, listening to every word he said because they were like music to her ears. She felt like they were the only people in the world. She only saw him and him only. Every move and glance he made to her made her heart skip a beat. She felt like her heart would explode any moment now. Then she saw him pull out a small box making her gasp and she was sure that from that moment on stayed open. He opened the box and she saw a diamond ring. She thought at first it was just that but when she looked closer she saw it. It was shaped like her favourite teddy bear. And that made her smile even more and awaken every butterfly in her being. She looked at him who was staring back at her with very visible sweat spots on his forehead. ‘He must be so nervous.’ And that thought made her heart melt more.

 

“You’re such a jerk.” She glared at him. “You said you won’t come back yet. You made me mad at you.” He looked up at her apologetically.  “And now you’re kneeling there making me feel like the only girl in the world.”

 

“Chaerin…”

 

“But you’re my jerk and I love you too… So yes.” she smiled widely at him.

 

Jiyong felt like he stopped breathing for a second there. “You said yes?” he asked a big smile forming on his face.

 

“I won’t say it again so stand up and—“

 

Before she could finish her sentence she felt herself being carried and spun around. “OH MY GOD SHE SAID YES!” Jiyong was screaming all over the place. Good thing there weren’t anyone near to disturb.

 

“Ji put me down!!” she giggled.

 

“Oh my God babe, you have no idea how you’ve made me feel.” He said, getting the ring, taking her hand and shakingly putting it on her ring finger.

 

“YOU have no idea how you’ve made me feel.” She said looking lovingly at him.

 

He pulled her closer and leaned in about to kiss her when…

 

“Okay. Save that for the wedding day, kids.”

 

Chaerin looked to the side and saw YG smiling at them. Actually, it wasn’t just YG. There were her BIGBANG oppas, her girls, Teddy, Tablo and his wife, Jinu and Sean. She looked around and they were all there. Her YG family. ‘So they were the ones holding the candles.’ She smiled at the thought. She didn’t even realize they were all there. She was too busy being very happy in her and Jiyong’s world. Then she saw them.

 

“Appa…” she said and she ran to him. “Oh my God, appa, omma, harin-ah!” she hugged them tight. It has been such a long time since she last saw them.

 

“We missed you, Chaerin-ah” her father said.

 

“Jiyong oppa called home and said he was doing this and he said it was important for us to be here so he arranged for everything.” Harin said, smiling at her sister.

 

“And he also told us about everything. Everything dear.” Her mother looked at her tenderly. “And I’m so sorry dear. I’m so so sorry.” The mother and daughter hugged each other tight, tears b their eyes.

 

After their short family reunion, Chaerin turned back to Jiyong and saw him with his family.

 

“I knew you were the one, Chaerin-ah.” His mother said to her and hugged her, followed by his father and sister.

 

“Come to me if he makes you cry so I’ll kick his .” Dami said as she patted her head.

 

“That’s never going to happen.” Jiyong said, pulling Chaerin closer to him and kissing the crown of her head.

 

“WOOO!!!” their groups were cheering when they went to them.

 

“Congratulations unnie!”

 

“Congrats Chaerin-ah!!” the girls happily clapped and jumped around her.

 

“Congrats Jiyong ah but I told you not to make it too cheesy. Now I’m sure Bom would definitely want more.” TOP said jokingly as he hugged his brother.

 

“Thanks hyung.” Jiyong just said suddenly being shy about the whole thing.

 

“Congrats bro!” Youngbae said as they hugged too, followed by the two younger ones.

 

“Enough hugging. My knee hurts.”

 

Youngbae laughed. “Well that’s because you knelt too early, .” And the others followed to laugh as well.

 

“You be in my position and we’ll see how you’ll do!” Jiyong said defensively.

 

“Maybe that won’t be too farfetched.” Youngbae said and looked lovingly at Dara who was still congratulating Chaerin.

 

“Good luck with that Bro. But not before me and Bom.” TOP said and they all chuckled.

 

“Thank you for helping me with this and extend my thanks to the girls too.” Jiyong was truly grateful. He couldn’t have done this without their help.

 

The girls were the one who had the props ready and the boys were the ones who had everyone ready. He couldn’t say thank you enough.

 

 

Everything was going as what Chaerin wanted to. She was finally happy. She felt that hole in heart be filled again. She felt like everything would be okay. She was with all the people she loved at this very special and important moment in her life. She looked up at the sky and smiled.

 

“I hope you’re happy baby because your dad and I are.” A tear fell from her eye.

 

“I know she is.” She felt someone hug her from behind and kiss her head.

 

She turned and was faced with the man she loves deeply. No words needed to be said. Just that look with each other and they felt complete.

 

They have found their destiny.


Thank you so much to everyone who have read this story. I'm grateful to see that people appreciate this. Thank you so much. It has been wonderful writing this story and I sure did imagine alot haha. I'm not sure if I would do a wedding scene or just stop here. I'm still thinking about it but for the mean time I'll just mark it as complete. THANK YOU SO MUCH :) 

If you want another SkyDragon story, I have another one I'm working on its The Chasing Game. It's on my stories if you want to check it out. 

Once again a bunch of thank you to everyone!