Chapter 20: Where Is He?

Scared To Death

“Does anyone know where Jiyong is?” YG asked everyone in the room.

 

Nobody spoke. It’s not that they’re hiding the whereabouts of Jiyong but it’s just that they really don’t know. Well, except for Youngbae.

 

Today was another one of those family meetings wherein they were gathered to talk about their schedules, tours, promotions, albums and the like but YG’s golden boy is nowhere to be found so they can’t really continue especially about the matters that concern BIGBANG.

 

“Where is he? I heard he hasn’t been here for two days now and he didn’t tell me anything so if you know where he is, tell me now.” YG spoke with authority.

 

Nobody dared to look at him. He means business right now and they know he’s already losing his patience since they can’t continue with their meeting.

 

“Youngbae?” YG asked making everyone turn to him for answers. He just simply shook his head ‘no’ and everyone believed him. It’s Youngbae after all.

 

“Chaerin?” YG asked again.

 

Everyone turned to look at Chaerin who was at the end of the table, where she always sat. She looked at the chair in front of her which was empty because that’s where Jiyong was supposed to sit. She then turned to all of them.

 

“Huh? Uhm… I don’t know where he is sajangnim.” She said respectfully.

 

“Really? I heard that you were the last person he saw before he went to his disappearing act.”

 

“Uhm. I don’t know if I was the last person he saw that day but I really don’t know where he is right now.”

 

“Hmmm, okay then. If he contacts any of you or if you know where he is tell him to come to me.” YG said. He wasn’t really angry that Jiyong is not there. He is more like worried about him. This was one of those rare occasions wherein he disappeared without telling him. He is getting really worried about him. Especially because he has seen that Jiyong was not looking good the past few days or even weeks. Well, he worries for all his artists actually since he cares for them like they are his own children but he has a greater attachment to Jiyong since he has known him since he was a kid and he has watched him grow and mature as a person.

 

Another reason that worries him is he knows that what Jiyong is going through right now is serious. He knows this since it’s really rare that Jiyong disappears. Heck it was even rarer that he takes vacations.

 

“Okay then since Jiyong is not here at the moment, we’ll have to cut this meeting short and continue when he is present. I’ll be going first. Take care, kids.” YG said as he went out of the room and all the people in the room bowed to him as he left.

 

.....

 

“Okay Youngbae, tell us where Ji is.” TOP said. They were still in the meeting room. It was now only the 2NE1 members and BIGBANG members present, minus Jiyong of course. The other artists have already left.

 

“Come on hyung, we all know you know where he is.” Seungri said.

 

They were all just worried about him. It has been two days since they saw and heard from him. Some people might think that ‘Meh, it’s just two days. He’s probably just sleeping it off or something.’ but not for them. Two days is already long enough, considering that they are talking about Jiyong, the hard-working, perfectionist and workaholic guy that basically lives in his studio.

 

“Guys, I think we all know that Jiyong needs a break right now. We’ve all seen him the past weeks. Let’s just give him space, alright?” Youngbae said gently to everybody.

 

With that, nobody asked anymore questions. What is it with Youngbae? He always seems to convince everyone easily. It must be those eyes. But of course Lee Chaerin wasn’t fazed. She still wanted to know where Jiyong is because honestly she has been worried sick for him.

 

Ever since he left the room two days ago, Chaerin couldn’t stop thinking about him. Of course she was hurt because he left but she understood him and she also knows that it’s her fault for not telling him sooner, but still he shouldn’t have left just like that and they should've tried to figure things out like adults.

 

After that, they all left the room and went to their own schedules for that day.

 

Chaerin was walking mindlessly along the corridors of YG, thinking about what happened two days ago, when somebody suddenly grabbed her arm and pulled her in a room. She was about to scream but “Don’t scream, it’s me.”

 

She sighed in relief when she heard that voice.