Chapter 19: Say Something

Scared To Death

Silence.

 

She was frozen in her spot. Did she hear right? It was such bad timing if her ears were playing tricks on her.

 

“I love you Chaerin.” he said again but with a softer voice. It was the first time he said it to her and it felt so right.

 

Now, Chaerin was sure she heard right. She wasn’t sure if she was supposed to be happy or what but maybe if he said it in another time she would be, but right now, not really.

 

“Love huh? You don’t know what that means. Don’t go around saying stuff like that to anybody.”

 

“I don’t say that to just anybody. It’s just you. I love you.” He said again. Every time he says it feels like a bit of his burden was being blown away.

 

She scoffed, she heard that before, but it was not said to her. He said it to Kiko. “You don’t love someone if you regret sleeping with her. You wouldn't say that it was a mistake. What you feel for me is not love. It’s possessiveness.” She said feeling hurt, remembering the conversation she heard between him and Kiko, four years ago.

 

“What are you talking about, Chae? I don’t regret sleeping with you. It wasn’t a mistake.” Jiyong said.

 

“Don’t even try and add lying to your sins Jiyong. I heard you loud and clear when you said it was a mistake.” Chaerin said, each word cutting her heart like a knife.

 

“I never said it was a mis--”

 

“Stop lying!! I heard you say it to Kiko, okay?! You can’t deny that!!”

 

Jiyong was speechless. He thought hard if he said it and he remembered he really did. ‘!’ he cursed himself. He remembered why he said it and it was so petty. Kiko was gonna break up with him and he couldn’t lose his buddy at that time so he said that. He was so immature that time. ‘’ he thought. ‘Why did she have to hear that?!!’

 

“Chae I…”

 

“Just stop already…” She sighed in defeat. She sat down on the chair beside her.

 

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry for saying that but it’s not true. I didn’t mean it. I just… I just said it at that time… but I didn’t mean it. Really. Please believe me.” Jiyong was now kneeling in front of her holding her hands that were on her lap.

 

Chaerin couldn’t look at him ‘cause she knows, she just knows she’ll drown in his eyes, especially now that he’s confessing to her but she just really found it hard to trust him. Especially when she spent most of the last four years trying to hate him.

 

They stayed like that for a while. No one said anything. Both wanted to say something but they really just didn’t know how.

 

”I’m so scared Chae. So scared that you really are drifting away from me. I can’t… I wouldn’t be able to take it if that happened.” Jiyong said as he sat down beside her.

 

 

Chaerin couldn’t take it anymore.

 

“It’s you Ji… she was y-yours… ours… our b-baby.”

 

“W-what?” Jiyong asked, a bit confused.

 

“The day you saw me at the cemetery. I w-was visiting our b-baby.” She stuttered as she said that. It was the first time she said that she was their baby. It was always just her baby.

 

“W-what?” Jiyong breathed heavily. “What are you saying, Chae?” Jiyong couldn’t process right now.

 

“I never slept with anyone aside from you Ji.”

 

And that did it. He got it. So many things filled his mind and heart. He remembered every moment the night they did it. He felt so many things. He didn’t know what to say or do right now. Heck he didn’t even know what to feel. He was lost with words. He thought about it and wondered why he didn’t think it was him in the first place. ‘Stupid.’  But in his defense, it was four ing years ago and he had no idea the she got pregnant! She just shut him out of her life after they did it. So how the would he know?! His feeling of confusion was bit by bit turning into frustration and anger. He had a daughter and never knew about it. For four ing years.

 

‘How could she not tell me about this?!’ he thought. He thought that this is not just something to be kept a secret especially from him since he was directly involved. Now he was mad. His heart was breaking as the thought that he had a daughter sunk in him. He didn’t know what to do. He wanted to punch something to vent his anger. He had a daughter and he didn’t know!!! What the was that?! What kind of person didnt't know he almost had a kid?!!

 

Nobody was saying anything. Chaerin was waiting for Jiyong to say something. To scream, to shout at her, to get mad at her. Hell, she even thought that maybe he would hit her. But it didn’t happen. None of it did. Just heavy breathing and clenching of fists were heard and seen.

 

Jiyong stood up from where they were seated and slowly but heavily walked towards the door. Chaerin didn’t know what to do. Was she supposed to follow him or what?

 

“J-Ji…” Chaerin stuttered while calling out to him.

 

“Ji, say something… please.” He was nearly at the door now and she was already standing.

 

He didn’t turn around. He didn’t even show any sign that he heard her. He was too mad right now and it’s not good that they’re in the same room. He clenched his fist tighter and continued walking towards the door and slammed it hard when he went out.

 

Chaerin was left inside the room. She could practically hear her heart breaking as loud as the door that was slammed.

 

He left. That’s the only thing running in her head right now.

 

And that’s the moment she knew. She knew she still loved him like before or maybe even more.


Sorry for the short and late update. I'll make the next one longer :)

Anyway, the truth's out!! What do you think? How would Jiyong react? How would Chaerin go on? Tell me what you think :)

Once again, thank you for reading, commenting, subscribing and upvoting :) Drop some comments again, will you? :) It's really interesting reading all your comments. I love it :) God bless you all!