Chapter 24: A Change In The Weather

Scared To Death

GD's POV

It was only 4:30 in the morning but here I was, in the kitchen, cooking breakfast or I was trying to. I got up from bed early to prepare breakfast. I wanted to do this. I was fumbling with all the stuff in the kitchen. Why were there so many pots and knives and everything? Cooking is hella confusing.

 

I was planning on cooking a special breakfast but I really had no skills in cooking so I ended up making pancakes instead. I was almost done when I heard someone walk towards the kitchen.

 

 

CL's POV

I didn’t sleep at all. I really tried to but I couldn’t. I looked at the clock and saw it was already almost morning. I decided to get up early to cook for the Kwons. It was the least I could do for them right now, especially to omma because she really gave me a much needed comfort last night.

 

I was walking down the short hallway going to the living room then to the kitchen when I heard some clanking of objects and someone mumbling. I immediately became alert. I grabbed an umbrella on the rack along the way to the kitchen and held it, ready to hit someone if a stranger or a thief was there.

 

When I was near, I heard the clanking stop and there was pure silence. This scared me more. Whoever was in the kitchen knows I’m here.

 

I stopped walking and debated with myself if I should go wake up omma but thinking that it was only 5 in the morning stopped me from doing so. ‘maybe I was just hearing things’ I said to myself, hoping I was true but I had a gut feeling that someone was really in the kitchen.

 

I continued walking towards the kitchen slowly. My heart was rapidly beating and sweat was forming on my forehead. Then I heard movement again. It was getting close. ‘Omygad. The person’s coming near’ I stepped back a bit from the door that separated the kitchen from the dining area and held the umbrella tighter, ready to attack the stranger inside. I saw the door slowly start moving. I prepared myself and took a deep breath.

 

Dug dug, dug dug.

 

“What are you doing?” I heard someone ask. I immediately opened my eyes, ‘whoa, I didn’t even notice I closed them’, and saw Jiyong standing in front of me, looking at me weirdly.

 

I let out the breath that I didn’t realize I was holding in. I put my hand on my chest to where my heart is to try and stabilize its beating because it was still beating pretty fast.

 

“I’m sorry, I know you said I should leave yesterday but omma said I should just sleep over since it’s already late. I’m sorry. I should leave.” I said with heavy breaths as I turned around to get out of there. I know he didn’t want to be near me right now. Or ever.

 

“Chae, what I meant was what are you doing, holding an umbrella inside the house, not what are you doing here.” He said with a chuckle. I turned around and saw him smiling at me. AT ME!!! Omygad. Did something happen? I involuntarily raised my eyebrows and tilted my head, confused of what was happening now.

 

He looked at me with a smirk on his handsome face. “So, what were you doing with that umbrella?” he asked as he pointed to the umbrella I was still tightly holding.

 

“Uhh… I thought that a stranger was in the house when I heard noises so early in the morning so, I uhh…”

 

“You thought you could fight the stranger off with an umbrella.” He said, finishing my sentence, while looking at me disapprovingly.

 

“Y-yeahh…” I said sheepishly while looking down, now, totally aware that it was a stupid idea.

 

“Tsk. Chae, if you hear something strange or anything, don’t go and check it alone. You should ask someone to go with you. Ask me.” He said softly as he came close to me and took the umbrella from my hands. I felt a tingling sensation in my stomach as his hand brushed against mine. I bet I couldn’t hide the blush slowly settling on my cheeks.

 

He took the umbrella from me and placed it on the side, and continued to walk inside the kitchen. I was still not moving from my place, til I heard him “Set up the table Chae! I made breakfast.”

 

Double omygad! What is really happening? Is it the end of the world or something? Why is he so kind to me after what he said last night and he cooked breakfast?!

 

I followed his order with a confused mind and heart. I set up the table nicely and waited for him to come out of the kitchen. After a few minutes, he came out with 2 platefuls of pancakes. I was just looking, or more like staring at him the whole time, wondering what happened to him last night for this change of mood to happen. I continued to watch him place all the needed things in the table like syrup, chocolate dip, coffee, sugar and a lot more until  the table was filled and it looked like there were 10 of us who were gonna eat. He cooked so much for four people.

 

We didn’t speak. It was not awkward though. It was a good type of silence. The type of silence we all need once in a while. I guess he finished preparing breakfast since he was now sitting beside me. We were still silent.

 

“Ohh, what do we have here?” a soft motherly voice said from behind us. We both looked at the same time which made our faces almost collide with each other in the process. We were only a few inches apart and I could feel his breath gently on my face. I feel the blood rushing to my cheeks so I immediately turned back to the table and kept my head down. I bet I look like a tomato right now.

 

I heard him softly chuckle which made me smile a bit. I felt the chair in front of me move. I looked up and saw mama and papa Kwon smiling at us. I stood up and bowed to them both.

 

“Good morning, omma and appa.” I said with a smile.

 

“Good morning Chaerin-ah. Did you sleep well?” appa Kwon asked as he placed a pancake on his plate and then placed one on omma’s plate. That simple gesture made me smile and made me wish for a life like that in the future.

 

“Neh, appa. I slept well. Thank you.”

 

“Don’t lie. You at it. I know you didn’t sleep at all. The dark circles under your eyes, prove it.” Jiyong coldly said towards me.

 

I didn’t dare look at his direction but I can feel his stare burning holes in me.

 

“Okay okay, let’s just eat.” Omma said and I was so thankful for that. I was about to get a pancake for myself but before I could, Jiyong already placed one on my plate for me. He also put chocolate on it. I looked at him but he didn’t look back. He was busy putting chocolate on his own pancake and acting as if he did nothing.

 

This made me smile. Like really smile. I may even look like an idiot right now, smiling at nothing, but I didn’t care. I’m happy right now.

 

The breakfast went by with only a few conversations here and there. We were all just enjoying the pancake that Jiyong made, which was a bit peculiar in taste, but it didn’t matter because he did it wholeheartedly and it’s not every day that Mr. G-Dragon cooks breakfast.

 

Jiyong and I were done eating but omma and appa were still enjoying their last bits of pancake, then Jiyong suddenly pulled me up.

 

“Omma, appa, can you do me a favour and fix up here? We have to go somewhere.” Jiyong sweetly said to his parents.

 

“Of course, you go and do whatever you need to do.” Omma said meaningfully to us as she eyed me for the last time before I entered Jiyong’s room.

 

“What’re we doing in you room?” I asked curiously to him. I still wasn’t sure if his kindness to me a while ago was only for his parents to see so they won’t ask questions or if it was real. I desperately wished for it to be real.

 

“Go wash up in the bathroom.” He said to me as he handed me ladies’ clothing. I hesitantly took them, thinking they were clothes of his exes. ‘Oh, God I don’t wanna wear these.’

 

He might’ve seen the pout and slight look of disgust on my face because he said “these are your clothes. You left them here before. Years ago, and I kept them just in case you might come, sleep over and need some clothes. I guess it was a good thing I kept them.” He said as he went out of the room.

 

I smiled slightly because of this new information that he told me. I was touched. I went inside his bathroom and washed up. After about 30 minutes, I was done bathing and changing my clothes. My shirt looked like a tight cropped top since this was from four or five years ago and as I remember even then, this was really fitted to me. Thank God, the jeans still fit me. I was looking at myself in Jiyong’s large, full body mirror when the door opened. I looked back and saw him enter. He looked freshly showered and as usual his charisma overflowed even if he was just wearing a plain white shirt, tattered jeans and his caterpillar shoes. He glanced at me and stopped. He looked at me like he was thinking. I thought he was gonna say something but he didn’t. He just went to his walk-in closet.

 

I sighed and looked at the mirror again, trying to pull my shirt down, which was hanging just above my navel. Then I felt something envelope me. I looked behind me through the mirror and I saw him.

 

He placed a jacket on me. A black leather jacket to be exact. It looked perfect with my clothes and it fits me well too. Really well. Huh, as far as I remember, he was a few sizes bigger than me.

 

“Is it okay?”

 

“Huh?” I was too caught up in my own thoughts to hear him.

 

“The jacket. Is it okay?” he asked, I was still looking at myself in the mirror, well, more specifically I was looking at the jacket. It looks really good and feels even better. It was so soft on the inside, a total contrast of its outside appearance because it had some studs that were arranged beautifully.

 

“Uhh, yeah. It fits really well. I didn’t know we were the same size already.” I said as I turned around to face him. When I saw him, my eyes grew big and I felt my mouth open a bit too.

 

“We’re not.” He said as he walked past me and went in front of the mirror to check his look too. We had the same jacket. As far I can see now, exactly the same, but of course, his was bigger and a perfect fit to him too. It looked like we had a couple jacket and that made me smile inwardly but then I noticed that there was something written at the back of his jacket that says ‘Dragon’. Huh, it’s not exactly the same after all.

 

“Let’s go.” He said as he walked past me again and headed for the door. I followed him with my curiosity building up as to where we were going.

 

We walked past the living room and said our good byes to mama Kwon and papa Kwon. I was just following him mindlessly, staring at the word ‘Dragon’ artistically written on his jacket, wondering why there was no ‘G’ on it.

 

 

“Where are we going?” I asked him again, when we were settled in his car.

 

“You’ll see.” He just answered simply, making my curiosity even bigger.

 

We didn’t say anything after that. The silence was beginning to bother me so I the radio and as if fate was playing with us, our song The Leaders was playing on the station. I didn’t change the station because it would be more awkward if I did. So, I was just patiently waiting for it to finish and at times, glancing at him to see his reaction but I was surprised when he started mouthing the words of the song. And from mouthing them, he then moved on to full out rapping the song, even my parts.

 

He was amusing to watch. It seemed like his innocent glow returned to his face while he was gently smiling and rapping.

 

I smiled as I watched him but my smile was wiped off my face as I turned my attention back to the road and saw where we were going. We were going there. The place I know by heart.


Thank you for the support and for reading :)