Last Wish

Visitors From EXO Planet?

"Where's our class vice president?" the boy who sits next to me asks.

"What class vice president...?" I ask back. He laughs.

"That's a harsh joke," he says. "But seriously, where is he?" he asks again, more seriously.

I tilt my head. "I really don't know what you mean," I answer.

He blinks a few times. Then he takes out a picture from his notebook. There are 12 boys on it. Ah, these boys...

He points at the boy at the left end. "Him, Chen," he says. "You know, the one that led all these guys into the school festival and won the 'most popular site of the day'?"

I think for a second. "Ah! I think he's just sick," I answer.

"Ah~ So he's sick..." he replies, nodding his head. "Thanks! The others wanted to know where he was."

He runs off.

 

I walk home in deep thought.

The boy, Chen, was it? He was our class vice president.... He was the boy who was in the video and told me that he'll come to me without any delays... I wonder what that meant...

My phone rings. It's from my mother.

"Yoboseyo?" I answer.

 

"Annyeong, _______-ya. I was going to ask you about your graduation! When is it?" She asks.

"Hm? It's on March..." I stop.

"_______-ya! We're gonna graduate together!!!!!!!" a voice says in my mind.

"_______-ya, are you there? Are you OK?" my mother says over the phone.

I snap back to reality. "Oh, yes, sorry. The graduation is on March 26," I say.

"Is that so? I think we can go then," she says.

"Really? Yay," I reply, sounding happy.

"Alright, I have to go now. Take care!" she concludes. She hangs up.

I put my phone away and keep walking home.

 

I enter my bedroom and turn the light on. It's bright, but for some reason, the room seems dark.

"I must have gone crazy.... I'm hearing voices and now I'm seeing illusions..." I say to myself.

A cold breeze enters from the open balcony window.

I walk over there. Without realizing, I step further, out onto the balcony. It's chilly.

I pull my cardigan tighter and cross my arms. I look up into the night sky.

"Wow... that's a pretty lunar eclipse...." I say quietly.

I think over the events from this past month.

I saw the video of the twelve guys. I found the mysterious silver badges, which I lined up on the shelf. Many people keep asking me where these boys are.

I put my hands in my pocket. I feel something in my pocket. I take it out and unfold it.

It's a picture of me and the twelve boys, in our living room. I am holding twelve roses in the center of all of the boys. We are all smiling.

A spark runs through my mind.

Chen, our class vice president, the boy who promised to come to me without any delay, lightning.

March 26, the day of someone's birthday.... Xiu..... Min's birthday. XiuMin, the boy who complimented my cooking, frost.

I look back down at the picture. I name them one by one.

"Chen, XiuMin, ChanYeol, Kris, Tao, SeHun, SuHo, Kai, Lay, D.O, BaekHyun, LuHan.... Yes, I know them....!" I quietly exclaim. "I know them.... I... know... them...?" my voice sinks.

"We're gonna graduate together!!!!!!"

Voices replay in my head.

"Don't cry          Smile."

"We       are       one."

"We... are.... one...." I say aloud, holding the photo tightly. "Yes.... You promised..... We promised.... We will be together forever.... We promised.... to graduate together...... We promised..... We promised, didn't we...?" I say to the photo.

I look back up to the sky.

"I remember your names..... but why can't I recall how we met or any of our memories...?" I ask.

Of course, no response.

I drop my shoulders in disappointment.

"...You said you can't keep our promise..... But you did keep your promise to fulfill my wishes... My last wish..... was....." I stop.

I break down, unstoppable tears rolling down my cheeks.

My last wish..... was for you guys to keep smiling until the very end, ......Han oppa.....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey hey hey~~~~~~
First day back from spring break~~~~~~~ more than half of our school was missing.... -.-

Anyway, how do you guys like the story~~~~???

Oh yeah, the next chapter is going to be about EXO only, so 'you' won't really appear..... sorry.... ._.