Four!

My Beautiful Angel..

Only the sound of newspaper rustling, the beeping from her mobile and my cutleries softly scraping my plate filled the entire room. This is common everytime we were to dine in as a whole family, it just got worse after Hyo noona's death.

'Father,Mother.. I'm done with breakfast.. I'll be leaving for school now.. Have a nice day..' I bowed politely as I stood up, preparing to leave the room. I was trained since young to not call them Appa or Umma, I still remembered what Father had said when I tried call him Appa.

'Only the weak call their parents Appa/Umma.. And no sons and daughters of mine is weak.. Call me Father.. One more time I hear you call me Appa or being too emotional, I'll locked the dance room and no practice for you for a week!' I recalled how shaken I was, hugging Hyo noona, crying hard from being reprimanded by something that is unjust.

'Araso.. Study hard Jongin.. Your the only hope of the company now..' Father said without even looking up from his newspaper. 'Yes, Father..' I muttered before walking out from the dining room.

'Young Master.. Please drive carefully and have a nice day at campus!' I smiled genuinely as I took her keys from Mrs Park. 'You too, Mrs Park.. Have a nice day..' I gave her a slight wave as I walked out of the house, towards the red car waiting at the porch. I climbed into driver seat, chuckling as I recalled Tao's reaction last week when he saw the hatchback.

'Jongin-ah.. What happen? Dont tell me your father had gone bankrupt?! Where's your Audi? Wait I know.. this is a candid camera?' He whipped around, searching for hidden camera ridiculously. 'Stop acting like an idiot and just get in! I want to go home early!' He open and closed his mouth, like a goldfish, climbing in obediently and just sitting silently.

Since last week, everytime he hitched a ride, he would be wearing oversized shades and cap, embarrassed to be seen sitting in a rundown car. And today, it's no difference, he grunted a hello and slumped down in the seat, putting the cap on firmly on his head. I chuckled,shaking my head as I pulled out of lobby.

'Isnt this nice? To just be driving without eyes looking at you from every direction?' I ask as I prodded his elbow. He peeks from above his shades looking around, 'I guess so.. But if you want to avoid attention, at least get a better car! This is what all the ahjummas love to drive around in..' He mutters as he got out from the car.

'Well Tao, technically this is an ahjumma's car..Mrs Park is an Ahjumma.. ' I call out, laughing as I followed his footsteps into the campus. 'Laugh all you want.. I need to get my morning fix from the cafe.. Are you following?' Tao ask as he turned, giving me a suppressed grin. Thats what I love about being Tao's friend. We can simply be what we want, young boys and not some chaebols waiting to inherit some family business.

We walked into the cafe, located at the far end of the campus. We had chanced upon this heavenly cafe, happy to find a place where its not bustling with lots of prying eyes and where we can just chill without pretending to be someone else. And like every other morning at 0830am, it was pretty quiet with just 2 small groups of students huddled closely sitting at different sides of the cafe.

'Good Morning, Hyung! Can we have the usual please.. to go..' I smiled to owner of the cafe,Minseok Hyung as I walked towards the bench at the side, waiting for the drinks to be done. I chuckled when I see Tao giving aegyo to Minseok Hyung, shamelessly asking for the secret recipe to the Golden Chocolate drink that he had fallen in love with. I was laughing at Minseok hyung, cringing at Tao's endless aegyo when I heard sudden burst of giggles from one group os students at the corner. 

I stole a glance to find all 10 pairs of eyes staring, at me. I sigh as I shooked my head, putting on my pokerface and played with my phone. But what I heard next was not what I was expecting. 'Unnie-deul.. Stop staring! Cant you see your making him uncomfortable..' I frowned, trying to recall where I heard the familiar voice before.

'Seo Joo Hyun.. Dont pretend that you were not staring at him as well.. Omo! Your blushing! Ladies! I believe uri maknae just had her first crush!!' the table erupted in a fit of giggles. My heart stopped when I heard that name. Seo Joo Hyun. Seo Joo Hyun. Seo Joo Hyun.

I stood up, pretending to look out of the cafe, slowly throwing a glance over at the table. I was greeted by a blushing red angel being teased by her friends. I almost smile at the cute image when I realized that I was staring too long. 'Hyunnie! He's looking over here!' I almost wished that the ground would swallow me there and then. I cleared my throat, and looked out of the cafe, pretending to be interested in the view outside.

'Jongin-ah.. Your coffee!' I couldnt be more thankful at Tao for that moment. I gave a slight bow to the giggling students and walked out. No matter how embarassed I was, getting caught by them, I still knew that I had to show respect to my sunbaes. The scene of her blushing red, kept replaying in my mind as we walked to the lecture hall. 

'Yah! Were you listening to what I was saying? I said that we have 3 hours of free time after this.. Our next lecture is at 3pm.. I'm going to the martial arts club for a while to check it out... Do you wanna come along?' Tao said as we settled down in our seats at the back of the crowded lecture hall.

'Nah.. You know I hate all this violence and what nots.. I think I'll just wander around.. There might be a dance room here somewhere.. Or I'll just explore the auditorium...' I whisper back as the whole lecture hall lights dimmed. I tried my best to concentrate on the 2 hour long topic that was given by the lecturer but I find myself drifting to the blushing face till the end of the lecture.

'I'll call you once I'm done with the Martial arts club!' Tao waved as he rushed off to the sports hall. I walked over to the auditorium, located at the end of the hall. I pushed open the door, taking in the grand stage and the rows of plush seats that covered 3 levels. 'Wow.. Daebak!' I muttered as I touched the plush seats, fully understanding why Choi Sunbae had said that students prefer to rest or just be alone in the auditorium. 

I wandered down to the stage, standing at the centre, looking up at the empty audience seats. I'm lucky that everyone else are somewhere else in the campus, with this being a lunchhour and all. I closed my eyes, stretching my hands wide, immersing myself in my own thoughts. Before I knew it, my body had started dancing, to the imaginary melody in my mind. 

I let out a wide grin, bowing at the empty audience, imagining the roars of applause. I chuckled as I collapse down on the ground, tired from dancing and prancing around , knowing that I could only dream of having that kind of performance.  I glanced to my watch, I had just spent an hour and a half dancing. I stared at the ceiling, the soft melody still playing in my mind. I hummed to it softly. That was when I sat up, bolting straight up. I wasnt imagining that melody,it was still playing softly in the big auditorium.

Goosebumps appeared at my nape as I gathered my bag and rushed down the stage. I was about to exit the auditorium when I realized that I heard a female voice singing softly,accompanying the melody. 'Aish! Pabo-yah! Kim Jongin! Obviously its not a ghost!' I turned around, walking to where the music was coming from. I walked slowly backstage, into a big room at the end, where I believe the music was coming from. I slowly creep into the room, crouching low, and thats when I saw the black grand piano at the side of the room.

I knew that its an invasion of privacy by creeping up on someone. I looked around the darkly litted room, and found a small hidden corner at the side. I crawled in, silently praising myself for being so smart. I turned towards the piano, letting out a small gasp when I realized who was playing the piano.

She stopped playing, surprised to hear that someone's else was in the room. She stood up, trying to look for the intruder. I swallowed my saliva when I saw she was getting closer to my hiding place when I was saved by her ringing mobile. 'Yoboseoyo? AH Soyou-ah! I'm on my way there now! Save a seat for me.. nehhh.. See you later...' She quickly packed her stuffs and walked towards the door, not before turning around, giving a quick glance and exiting the room in a rush.

I let out a sigh of relief. Relieved that I wasnt found by her. That she didnt know I was hiding there. 'Beep!' I jumped at the sound of my mobile notifying me of a text message. 'Meet you at level 1 in 5 mins, we still have time to eat before the next lecture!' I scrambled up to my feet, happy that I now have a place to spend my free period. I didnt know that luck was in my favour, and that its was my angel that was playing the piano. 

 

A/N! Fourth Chapter up!!

Please read and enjoy!

Plesae.. Oh please subscribe and comment oh and upvoting is a bonus.. hehe..

 

& I know that by now most of you have heard the news of the missing plane? I'm deeply saddened by the news... 

Lets hope and pray that officials could solve it fast and provide answers to the affected victims loved ones.. 

Sobsobsob.. 

#PrayForMH370