Twenty Nine!!

My Beautiful Angel..

'Do you want to come up? For a cup of coffee perhaps?' Her voice quiet and soft. I look at her, smiling slightly, shaking my head.

'Its okay, love... I have something to settle at home.. You go ahead first.. I'll text you once I'm home... Goodnight,my angel...' I gave her a peck on the cheek. She took one last look at me before opening the car door and walking out. I stare after her figure walking towards the lobby, she turn around, giving me a sad look before disappearing into the lobby. Sighing to myself, I start the engine and drove out of the carpark. 

 

Flashback

I strum the last notes on the guitar, my eyes never leaving hers. Her eyes were filled with tears, gape open in surprise. I placed the guitar at the side, grabbing the bouquet roses. I smiled gently at her as I walked closer to her. I took hold of her shaking hand, kissing her forehead. 

'My love.. Please forgive me for doing something so abrupt and without warning.. You know how much I love you.. And it has always been my wish to make you my wife.. To built a future with you together.. I want to wake up with you by my side everyday.. to spend every single time with you and to close my eyes everynight hugging you... I'm addicted to you.. To your smile.. to your laughter.. to your floral scent.. to your everything... I may not be the best person for you.. But I'm trying to be the best you ever had.. I'll be there whenever you need me.. To kiss your tears away.. To chase your worst nightmare away.. Cause you mean the world to me.. Seo Joo Hyun.. will you give me honour to be the only man in your life? Will you marry me?' I got down on one knee, holding up the small black box.

Her reaction was not what I've expected. I was surprised when she shook her head, pushing my hands away. 

'Oppa.. I'm sorry...' 

'No.. Dont be sorry.. Its my fault for surprising you this way.. I should have warn you.. or discuss with you.. I'm sorry.. Angel..' I stood up, guiding her to the seat. 

'Oppa.. Its not you.. Its me..' Her tears continue to trail down her chubby cheeks. I stare at her beautiful face, it kinda breaks my heart when she rejected my proposal, but it hurts more to see her crying this way. I wipe her tears as I kissed her forehead.

'Shhh.. Dont cry.. I'm not mad at you... Shhh.. I'm sorry for springing this up on you.. Please dont cry.. It breaks my heart even more to see you crying like this.. Please?' I watch how her lips quiver as she looks at me with the big guilty eyes. I look away as I couldnt bear to see her eyes looking at me that way.

'Araso.. Oppa..' 

 

'Your back, Young Master...' I nodded my head stiffly at Mrs Park as she greeted me at the door. 

'Young Master, I would like to inform you that we have guests inside.. They are with Master and Mistress at the living room.. I believe they are waiting for you..' Mrs Park's eyes filled with concern as she bowed her head slightly. Sighing, I run my fingers thru my hair before walking towards the living room. I could hear loud laughter and soft giggles coming from the living room.

I push open the door, strutting into the living room. My eye widen at the sight of the Oh's family. I quickly controlled my features as I saw Father's disapproving look. 

'Anyeonghaseyo.. Mr Oh, Mrs Oh and Ms Oh..' I bowed as I greeted the friendly old couple and their devilish daughter.

'Oh hello, Jongin-ah.. Its been ages since we last met and you have grown into such a fine young man.. He really did follow your footsteps, Min Jong!!' Mr Oh Taeseuk said as he shook my hand, smiling warmly at me.

'Haha.. You compliment me too much,Hyung!' Father laugh as he patted my back hard. 

'How have you been, Mr Oh?' I asks politely as I took a seat beside him.

'I've been better, Jongin-ah now that Hyerim has taken over the reins..' He gestured to the lady seated beside Mother, talking animatedly. 

'Ah.. Thats good,Sir..' I took a sip of the coffee as I listen to the elders converse. My thoughts went back to Joohyun, recalling the look on her face when I went down on one knee. 

'Jongin? Jongin-ah?' I shook my head as I look up, looking at the person who was calling me. 

'Yes, Sir?' 

'We were just talking how great it will be if you and Hyerim were to be dating.. It would make things easy.. And definitely make our business prosper.. Dont you agree?' Mr Oh laugh warmheartedly as he patted my knee.

'Ah.. Sir.. I believe someone pretty like Ms Oh would have her own choices in dating..' I joke back as I prayed hard to the heavens that there wouldnt be another arranged marriage for me.

'Well, we wouldnt be here tonight if she doesnt agree, my boy...' Mrs Oh said, giggling as she took a sip of her red wine. I laugh awkwardly as I glanced at Ms Oh who was grinning evilly at me.

 The conversation continue till late. I couldnt pay attention to anything they were saying. My mind kept going back to the scene at the yacht. It was 1130pm when they finally left. I was about to go up to my bedroom when Father called me. 

'Jongin.. I believe you know what the meeting was all about right?' Father ask as he took a seat the big armchair. 

'No.. I have no idea.. Father... ' I replied, pretending not to know anything.

'I know your not stupid.. And I know that your aware where all this is going.. ' Father smirk as he pours himself a glass of vodka.

'Father.. do you want history to repeat itself? How would I know that Oh Hyerim wouldnt run away half thru the engagement?' I ask, trying to hold my anger in.

'No such thing will happen again.. She's the one whos interested in you..' 

'Father,with all due respect.. I'm 24 years old.. I'm old enough to make my own decisions.. Please stop trying to dictate my life.. I'll marry who I want and when I want.. Stop forcing me and the next thing you know you'll have to find a new heir!!'  I glared hard at him before storming up the stairs. 

'DONT YOU DARE THREATEN ME! YOU WILL DO WHAT I SAY AND WHAT I WANT!! YOU UNDERSTAND!!' He bellowed. 

I slammed the bedroom door hard as I walked out to the balcony. The cold night air, hits my face cooling me down instantly. I didnt know where did the courage comes from. Maybe from the heartbreak earlier on or I'm just sick of being dictated by someone who doesnt even care about my happiness.

A beep from my mobile tore me away from my thoughts. I scrolled, frowning as I read the text message.

'Oppa... Thank you for celebrating my birthday in a way that I'll never forget.. please forgive me if I've hurt you in any way.. I love you, Oppa..Goodnight... '

'Stop blaming yourself.... go to sleep.. Goodnight my angel.. I love you too...' I replied her as I walked back into the room,walking straight to the bathroom. 

As the cold water hits my body, the tears that I was holding in, came crashing down. Both from the rejection and the lack of love from the people I call parents.

 

 

A/N: A twist aye???!! Hahaha

please read and enjoy! Do comment,subscribe and upvote!

LOTS OF LOVE!!! 

XOXOXO