Thirty Two!!

My Beautiful Angel..

'Oppa, Will you be fine?' 

I turn to the passenger side, looking at her worried face. 

'I'm fine baby... You can come with me, you know...' I chuckled, holding her hands tightly. 'I'll wait here.. I'll should let you have a moment with her...' Joohyun whispers, shaking her head gently. 

'Araso.. I just need 10 mins with her..' I gave her a peck on the cheek as I stepped out of the car. Holding the bouquet of lilies tightly, I walked towards her resting place. It seems like it was just yesterday that I found out Mrs Park was actually my biological mother. 

................................

'Young Master... You're here again....' She smiled as she struggled to seat upright.

'Yes.. you shouldn't move too much... Your still in pain...' Rushing forward, I helped her to lie back down on the bed. She looks much better, after a week of treatment in the hospital. 'How are you feeling today?' I asked, as I took a seat beside her. 

'Never been better, Young Master.... Oh... Have you consider my suggestion? Master is waiting for your answer....' 

'How many times do I have to tell you... Just call me Jongin... I'm still thinking... Afterall, its been a while since I last did what I wanted, not living under his thumb...' 

'Ah.. You didnt bring Joohyunnie along today?' She change the topic, I knew she felt guilty that I have to go thru all the suffering under that household. 

'She had something on..... She might be coming later, I guess....' I said as I poured her a cup of water.

That day,I spent 2 hours, talking, joking with her like how we used to. The awkwardness that I felt, when I found out that she was my  biological mother was long gone, and I realized that the reason why I felt so closed to her all this while. 

'Sorry, to be interrupting you.. We need to examine Mrs Park.. Mr Kim, do you mind waiting outside?' 

'Alright... Ermmm... I'll be back? See you later... Umma...' I smiled as I stepped out of the room.

.......................................

'Umma... How have you been? i'm sorry for not visiting you often... Are you happy there, Umma? I miss you so much... Its been a year since you left us... Nothing has change much... Its not easy... But its getting better...' Smiling, I poured her a cup of soju as I placed the cup on her tombstone. 

'Umma... Your wish finally came true... I should start calling you, halmeoni? You are finally getting a grandchild... I hope that, you, Appa and Hyo noona would look after Joohyun and keep her safe.... She's getting better, you know... She stop having nightmares.. And I have you to thank for... If it wasnt for you, pushing me to propose to her again... I wouldnt have thought that I would where I am today... Thank You.. Umma...' I looked up to the skies, feeling the wind blow softly against the trees. 

.........................................

'Jongin... Are you going to give up just like that? Just because she said no the first time round?' Umma said, as I walk into the kitchen. It's been two months since she was discharged from the hospital. With the money I saved, from working with the Kims, I managed to buy an upscale apartment in Gangnam and I had persuaded umma to stay with me. 

'Umma... can we not talk about this so early in the morning?' I groaned as I reached out to pour a cup of coffee. I've told her everything about Joohyun and the failed proposal. She was surprised that Joohyun rejected the proposal, because she knew how much in love we are. 

'Aigoo... Even thou you grew up without knowing me as your mother, I've always thought that I would be contented knowing that I could see you happily married.... and now... I have only a few months left....'  She sniffed as I took a seat beside her. 

'You know what happen to Joohyun.. She's not ready... Its not as easy as you think, Umma...and how many times must I tell you to not talk about how many months left... Just live in the present and enjoy..'  I said, patting her hand. I know that she was trying to bait me using the excuse that she's sick.

'Oh dont worry about that!! I've talked to her last week... She's actually waiting for you to propose....'  Umma said, winking at me. Surprised at her sudden change, I shook my head as I continue to eat my breakfast, putting a stop at the conversation.

.........................................

'Oppa?' 

I turned to find, Joohyun struggling to climb the small slope. Umma had requested to lay to rest beside Abeoji near Abeoji's childhood village. Its slightly out of the way with lots of small slopes to climb. I climbed to my feet as I rushed forward to assist Joohyun up the small slopes.

'Why didnt you call me on the phone? I would help you to climb here... It's so dangerous...' I scold her gently as I push her fringe to the back.

'I missed Eomonim... And besides, you left your phone in the car...' Joohyun rolled her eyes as she paid her respects to Umma and Abeonim. I took a seat at the side as I listen mindlessly to her chatter.

'Abeonim, Eomonim, Thank you... I'm blessed to have your son as my saviour, my love and my soulmate.... Without him, I wouldnt be here...' Joohyun sniffed, wiping her tears.

'Hyunnie... why are you crying? You'll make Junior sad...' I stride to her, wiping her tears and hugging her tightly.

'Remember what I told you?' I said, bringing her chin up, to look at her in the eyes.

.............................................

'Joohyun... Thank you so much for saying Yes... You have no idea how happy you made me....' I said as I release her from the bear hug.

'Aniyo.. Oppa... I'm more happy than you are.... You never once stop believing in me... You saved me then... and you save me again... How could I ever thanked you, Oppa?' I stared at her, as she wiped her tears silently. 

'I'll will always love you... I've always loved you from the first day I laid my eyes on you, I've loved you when left me behind... and I'll continue to love you more than yesterday... more than today....  And don't ever cry a single tear, because you feel that you not good enough.... I want you to stop talking about the past... to stop feeling bad or guilty about it.. Because.. without the past... I wouldnt be here, standing infront of you, deeply in love with you....' 

..........................................

'Oppa, I love you so much.... I'm sorry for crying just now....' Joohyun said as I climb into the driver seat. I reach forward, grabbing her hands and squeezing it tightly.

'We both agree its the hormones... Come let's go.. I need to feed my wife and Junior....' Chuckling, I start the engine and drove off. I'm happier than I ever would be. Married life with Joohyun is everything I dreamt it would be. And its all thanks to my beautiful angel.

 

 

THE END

.....................................

Author's Note

A million thanks to everyone who upvoted and subscribe!!

Italized fonts are flashbacks...

I know that this is alil bit rushed and unexpected... 

But I feel bad for letting you guys wait for so long...

And I wanted to end it on a good note....

I apologized if the ending is too rushed or if it doesnt make sense...

&

Please show support to my other fics

LOVE VS HATE

WAITING FOR A MIRACLE TO HAPPEN

P/s I have another fic in mind, still undecided on the male characters... 

so please keep a look out ya!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

LOTS OF LOVE

WACKY88