Thirty One!

My Beautiful Angel..

'We have transferred her to the ward.. We'll admit her for observation.. Luckily the injury to the back is not as serious as we thought.. But considering her medical history and incompliance to treatment, we just want to run some test, to find out whether the cancer cells has progressed further.. She dont have much time to live...' 

'She dont have much time to live..'

'She dont have much time to live..'

'She dont have much time to live..'

 

Those seven words has been repeating in my mind since 30mins ago. I stare at her sleeping face as she sleep soundly on her side. I wouldnt have even imagine that Mrs Park was actually my biological mother. I dragged my feet nearer to the bed, seating down on the chair beside the bed.

 'Pl..Please.. Forgive me..' Her eyes were still closed, murmuring in her sleep. I placed my hand over her forehead, checking her temperature.

'She's having a fever...' I muttered to myself. I stood up, rushing to the sink to wet the handtowel. 

Her eyes fluttered open as the wet and cold towel hits her skin. 

'Young.. Young master.. Your here...' She smiled, trying to seat up as she struggled with the tubes and wires connecting to her body.

'No.. Dont move...' I said as I guided her back to the bed softly.

'I'm.. I'm sorry...' Mrs Park said as she reach out for my hand. I took her hand in mine, squeezing gently.

'You had your reasons...' I replied, placing the fallen towel back on her forehead. I could feel her eyes staring at me, I cleared my throat nervously as I continue busying myself with the damp towel.

'You must have lots of questions to ask...' She said as she patted my hand. 

'Where.. Where is my biological father...?' I choked out.

'He committed suicide 1 year after you were born... He couldnt bring himself to believe that our son died from infection... To this day.. I blame myself for his death...' Mrs Park said, tearing as she look away.

'Why did you do it?' I whispered. I knew I shouldnt had force her to tell me, but I couldnt go home without knowing the truth.

'Mistress, She was my university friend... I was working with your family, not as a housekeeper... I was her assistant... She was in an arranged marriage... After the birth of your sister, Master turned abusive towards her.. She got conceived by forced... But he changed knowing that there was a chance that the second pregnancy could be a boy...' She continued, patting my hand gently. Looking down, I didnt realize that I was gripping her hand tightly.

'Oh.. I'm sorry...' Mrs Park shook her head gently.

'And at the same time, I found out that I was also pregnant.. We were happy that we were able to go through pregnancy together, even our due dates were not far apart... My husband was so happy that after years of trying, we could have a family of our own... The night that Mistress was brought into the hospital, she was pushed down the stairs by Master... I was already in the hospital because you decided to come out early... My husband was more anxious than me...' Mrs Park smiled gently as she reminisced. I kept quiet, letting her recollect her memories.

'That early morning, after she found out that her baby was stillborn, she had come to my room.. begging me fake my own son's death... and letting her take away from you... I refused, knowing that it would kill Joonmyeon oppa... But she was on her knees.. Crying hard.. begging me.. because she fears that he would kill your sister if he knows... Hyoyeon was like my daughter...' Mrs Park wipes her tears as she took a deep breath in.

'I agreed to her request... I told her that I would keep it a secret if she allows me to be your nanny.. And that if Master were to laid hands on you.. I would tell the truth... She was grateful that I was willing to go throught with her plan. That night itself, she bribed the doctors, nurses into telling Joonmyeon Oppa that our son had died due to an infection... He was devastated.. But I knew that I couldnt tell him the truth...But I didnt know that it would lead him to his death... I'm sorry.. Jongin-ah...' By now she was already sobbing hard. Not willing to hear any more, I walk out of the room, closing the door behind me.

 

Joohyun's POV

I looked over at the clock.. It was already 2am in the morning, sighing softly, I looked out of the peephole. 

'Oppa?' I whispers as seeing, Jongin oppa, standing infront of my door. I patted my bedroom hair down as I opened the door.

'Oppa? Why are you here?' I asked, surprised that he was still wearing the clothes he was in yesterday. He rushes in, pulling me into his arms, hugging me tightly. I gasped at the sudden movement, shocked at his weird behaviour.

'Please... baby.. Let me stay this way... Please...' He whispers, his voice thick with emotion. I caress his back softly before kicking the door shut. 

It took him 10mins to calm down, I had guided him to the sofa, before running to the kitchen to prepare a hot drink for him.

'Oppa... Here.. Chamomile tea for you...' He looked up, his eyes tired and red. It breaks my heart to see him so vulnerable, I couldnt help but teared.

'Thank You, Angel...' His voice was still raspy. I took a seat beside him, squeezing his knee gently. 

'My whole life has been a lie, Joohyun-ah... I found out that Mrs Park was actually my mother, my biological father commited suicide because he was depressed with my death...' He chuckle dryly. 

'Are you sure, Oppa?' I was shocked at the surprising piece of news, who would knew that Mrs Park was his mother. 

'I just got to know that she's my mother, and... you know what... She's... she's dying... She's suffering from.. cancer...' His voice trembled and his body hunched, shaking slightly. I pulled him close, holding him near as he continue to cry.

 

a/n: Hey I'm back with a short chapter!!

Need to slowly get back the momentum.. 

haha.. I actually didnt want to continue with the story, but recently I was just reading it again and i felt

that it's such a waste to leave it hanging that way... 

I'm trying to continue this story and my other one that I had left hanging for soooooooo long... haha

Sorry for those who waited so long for me to continue.. 

Anyway please be lenient with me...

Read, Enjoy and leave your tots behind..

:)