Seventeen!

My Beautiful Angel..

'Jongin, meet my new business partner.. Mr Yoon Jong Shin and his wife, Mrs Yoon Son Ha...' 

'Sir, Ma'am.. How are you? Its my pleasure to be meeting you tonight..'  I smiled politely as I shook their hands. Mr Yoon, a tall bespectacled man with thinning hairline smiles widely as his elegant looking wife took hold of Mother's hand, taking animatedly.

'Oh! Kim Min Jong-ssi! You didnt tell us how handsome and polite your son is.. Looking at you now.. You be about the same age as our daughter.. She's still at the hallway admiring the paintings..  Hee Sun-ssi.. You really do have great taste in art!!'  

'Jongin.. Why dont you go out and accompany Ms Yoon? The two of you needs to get acquainted sooner or later... We'll call you in once we're ready for dinner...' Father said as he squeezes my shoulder hard. I knew there and then that he was giving me a secret warning. That is to treat the Yoon's daughter properly.I excused myself out of the room and walked out to the hallway. Just watching the girl's backview was enough to warn me that I wont be liking the arrangement at all. 

'Is this the news that your talking about?'  I asked, stopping a few feet away from the girl. Yoon So Hee glanced towards me, smirking with her arms folded and continue looking at the painting. She was wearing a red strapless maxi dress with her hair down. I would have complimented her on how beautiful she looks if not for her rotten attitude.

'Why so distant baby? You look handsome.. As what I expected from a heir of Kims Industries Inc.. Can we just start afresh? I dont mean any harm you know..' She asks, her eyes still on the painting infront of her. I rolled my eyes as I leaned against the wall.

'No.. I wouldnt want to start afresh with you.. I dont even want any where near you...' I muttered.

'Thats where you'll regret everything.. Dont be too sure...' She chuckled, walking closer to me, patting my cheek and walking into the room where our parents were in. I shook my head as I followed her from behind.

'So Hee, Jongin.. thats fast.. you guys should have spent more time talking and getting to know each other...' Mrs Yoon said as she took a sip of her drink, eyeing her daughter from the corner of her eyes. I swore I could see So Hee flinching slightly from her mother's glare.

'Actually we belong to the same club back in the university.. so we already know each other...' I replied, giving So Hee a look that clearly says she owe me one. She nods her head, smiling sincerely as she took a seat beside her father.

'Oh really? How come I didnt know,Jongin-ah?' Father ask, smiling too widely for my comfort. I shrug knowing that if I were to answer, I would get punished.

'Sirs,Ma'ams, dinner is served..' Mrs Park said as she stood by the exit of the room. I gave her a slight smile before moving towards the dining room. 

No matter how I hate So Hee's personality, I was still raised as a gentleman. I helped her into her seat and sat beside her, half listening to the conversations between our parents. I frowned slightly when I felt her poking my thigh

'Thank you for saving me..'  she whispers as she pretends to wipes .'Shut up and you owe me one..' I muttered, sending a fake smile to Mr Yoon who was sitting at the end of the table with Father.

'Thank you,Mr Kim,Mrs Kim for such a wonderful dinner.. ' So Hee said as everyone finish eating their desserts. 

'No worries, my dear.. soon you will be staying here as well..' I widen my eyes as soon as I heard Mother's words. My mouth open close like a fish gasping for air, confused with her words.

'Staying here? Haha.. I dont quite understand what your saying Ma'am..' I turned my head towards So Hee who has turned pale. 

'Jongin.. we have betrothed you to So Hee.. As soon as both of you graduate,  you will get married.. and move to Japan to head the company there...' Father said as he look sternly at me. I look down at my plate, processing everything that I had just heard. Mother and Mrs Yoon started talking about wedding gowns and wedding preparations while Father and Mr Yoon toasted on the success of their latest dealings.

'With all due respect, Sir......' So Hee started. All head turn towards her. I quickly took hold of her hand and squeeze it tightly, shaking my head slightly. 

'What is it,So Hee?' Mr Yoon asks, his voice eerily calm as he stare at So Hee.

'No.. N-nothing's wrong Abeonim..' So Hee said as she bowed her down slightly. 

'Well good then.. if everything is settled.. Jongin why dont you bring So Hee here around the house.. we'll just go to the study room to go thru our latest business project..' Father said as he stood up and ushered everyone else to the study room. 

We stayed there in the dining room, frozen in our seats trying to digest everything that we had to do. Mrs Park cleared the table quietly, eyeing both me and So Hee, worry clearly in her eyes.

'Jongin-ah.. you can let go of my hands now.. Its getting painful..' So Hee's soft whisper break my train of thoughts, making me realize that I was still squeezing her hand tightly.

'Oh Mianhe.. I didnt realize.. ' I muttered as I continue staring into space.

'You must hate me now.. you must think that I got all of this planned out right.. ' So Hee said, her voice trembling.

'I used to.. but I change my mind 30mins ago.. I realize that we are just mere pawns in their twisted plans..' 

'What made you change your mind?' Sniffles were heard from her side, I glanced towards her. Her nose red, her eyes full of unshed tears. 

'Just by the way you act towards your parents.. I didnt expect anyone else to treat their children like how my parents treat me.. ' I said as I offered her my handkerchief.

'I was forced to return to Korea.. I was forced to leave my boyfriend of 4 years.. He wanted to propose to me when Abeonim threaten me to follow them to Korea..  I was forced to seduced you.. to make you into falling for me.. There was a part of me that was happy because you didnt respond to any of my advances.. I was happy thinking that I could return home to him... But now it seems too late... its too late...' Her sniffles turn into full blown sobs as tears flows down her eyes. 

'We'll find a way out of this... Trust me, So Hee... Sshhhh... dont cry.. ' I pulled her closer to me, feeling remorse and guilty that all these while I was thinking the worse of her. 

'Promise me Jongin... that we'll get out of this.. please....' 

I nodded my head, trying my best to convince her. I knew that I had to think of something for So Hee, her boyfriend and for my own happiness.

 

A/N : it took me ages to come up with this chapter.. 

Please read and enjoy..

Do leave comments and feedbacks behind.. 

My heart goes to the loved ones of victims of the Sewol Ferry incident.. 

#prayforsouthkorea