Lunch At The Rooftop

My Neighbor A Teacher?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since yesterday, I am getting warm smiles from Kyuhyun instead of his cold glares all the time. I have a feeling that this is going to be a new friendship between us. I guess he's willing to change his attitudes. I can go to my workplace without having bad feelings everyday. Thursday night came and Jun Bae arrive at Kyuhyun's house for his lessons with him. Since I'm free, I decided to enter his house to see how Jun Bae is progressing on with his work and Kyuhyun lets me in. I sat down 3 inches from Kyuhyun and Jun Bae so that I won't interrupt them. I can see Jun Bae working hard than suffering from learning Math equations. I guess Kyuhyun's teaching can really make weak students work hard. I couldn't help but to smile at him.

"You're really catching up, Jun Bae. That's good," said Kyuhyun while Jun Bae is doing his work. "My teacher says I did almost all of the equations correctly," Jun Bae told him. "Wow! I'm impressed. Keep this up and you'll have no problem solving the questions in the exams," Kyuhyun praised him by slapping Jun Bae's back. "Kamsahamnida! For everything," Jun Bae thanked him. "How could I ever thank you?" "Perhaps we can go out for dinner during the weekends," suggested Kyuhyun. "I would like that," said Jun Bae. Then, he turn to stare at me. "My cousin used to say you're scary. But you're not such a bad person. And I'm glad she's becoming good friends with you." Kyuhyun look at me and I gave a little wave. "Yeah. I'm glad too," he said, smiling at him and then to me.

After tutoring, Jun Bae's mom came to pick him up from his house. Now it's only the two of us left. "You really train him well, Kyuhyun," I said while watching my aunt's car drove off. "That's my job as a teacher," he said back. "Okay. Now that Jun Bae's gone home, I'd better go home too," I said, ready to leave. But Kyuhyun stopped me. "Why don't you stay over for a hot cup of cocoa? I'm planning to make some after tonight's lesson," he suggested. I look at my watch and it's still early. "I guess I won't mind staying for a few minutes," I said.

In 10 minutes time, we were drinking hot cocoa together. Kyuhyun has a plate of the chocolate chip cookies I baked for him. "Oh? You still have the cookies?" I asked. Kyuhyun nodded in respond. "I couldn't finished them. I thought we can nibble on some tonight." And so, we each took a piece of cookie and nibble them. "These are the most delicious cookies I have ever tasted," he said with praises. "You ought to run a bakery." I chuckled at his sentence. "I prefer sticking to my own career for now."

"What are you working as?" he asked.

"A magazine editor," I replied.

"That's cool. You must have enjoy your work, I bet," he said.

I began to chuckle. "I used to be the editor for a school magazine before. So, I enjoy it a lot, though it's a lot of hard work."

"Having a job is always hard work. No jobs are easy sometimes," he said while chuckling. "But hey! You can still change your career to baking if you're getting bored of editing a magazine."

"You really think I should?" I asked with eyes beaming.

"It is up to you to decide your career. If editing is what you want to do, then you can remain working as a magazine editor," he replied. "But if you do open your own bakery, I would love to come everyday and try your pastries." I blushed when he said about me opening a bakery. "Kamsahamnida," I said to him. It is a wonderful idea to open my own bakery and invite everyone to try my delicious pastries. Of course, I can't simply abandon my current caree

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter