He Cannot Love

My Neighbor A Teacher?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I still can't believe it that Siwon is the new P.E. teacher in my school! He looks at me and winked. "Mr Choi is the new P.E. teacher? What happen to Ms Inna?" asked Young Nae. "Ms Inna has resigned from this school. She went to another high school to teach," Mr Oh explained. "I didn't know she resigned," whispered Daehyun. "Don't feel bad for her, guys. Maybe she has reasons why she left," said Mr Lee. Then, Siwon tapped Mr Oh's shoulder. "Excuse me, sir. Sorry to interrupt your 'welcome back' celebration. But can I borrow Ms Hae Ra with me for awhile?" "Of course," he said.

I got up and I followed him out of the office. I caught up with him and walk side by side. "I remember you. You're Kyuhyun's partner for prom night," said Siwon.

"Uh......yes. I am," I replied. He remembers me! Perhaps I can ask him about Kyuhyun's behaviour the other night while I'm here. "Listen, Siwon. Oh! Is it alright if I call you Siwon?" I asked before talking to him. "Anything you want, my dear," he replied. Oh good! Now that I can call him by name, I could ask him. "Siwon sshi. There's something I need to ask you." "It's about Kyuhyun, right?" he asked. Woah! He can read my mind. "I know what you want to ask," he chuckled. "Let's go up to the rooftop and talk. We don't want the students to hear our conversation."

So, we walk up all the way to the rooftop. Once we reach there, I shut the door quietly. "Come and sit down," Siwon called. I sat down on the balcony. "Now you can ask me. What is it you want to ask about Kyuhyun?" he asked.

"I just want to know what mistakes he did and why he can't love me. That's all," I replied.

"Oooh. You confess your feelings to him, huh?" he stare at me and I nodded. Siwon held my hand. "I hate to tell you this, but he really cannot love."

"But why?" I asked.

"Because........of his girlfriend," he replied.

"His girlfriend? He didn't tell me he had a girlfriend before," I said in a soft voice.

"That's because he didn't want to be reminded of the tragic moment happened to his girlfriend. She died in a car accident. It was a hit and run," explained Siwon. "Before the accident happened, the two of them were fighting on the way home. It has something to do with her cheating on Kyu. So, he left her all alone. When he tried to get her back, the car accidently hit her and she died."

I nodded as I listen to Siwon explaining Kyuhyun's story. "That's the reason why he can't love another girl. He was worried that his future girlfriend will make the same mistake as his deceased girlfriend," he continued. Tears began to flow down from my eyes. Soon, I was sobbing. Please tell me it's not true! Siwon wipe my tears with a handkerchief. "There, there. It's okay, Hae Ra. You don't have to be sad just because Kyuhyun can't accept his feelings for you. There are plenty of guys out there whom you will like."

I sighed as I wipe my tears. "I can make you happy if you want. How about we hang out together? Just you and me. Hmm?" I began to look at him. "It's just a friendly date. I just want to get to know you more," he clarified his words. "Let me think about it first," I sniffed. Then, he hand me a paper with his phone number. "Here's my number. Call me if you're free to go out," he said as he stood up and pat my back. "Cheer up. Don't think about that prom night incident too much. Live your life normally. Soon, you'll forget the whole thing that has happened." With that, he left me all alone on the rooftop. I kept staring at Siwon.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter